sony mp3 player

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
wot are ur views on the new sony NW-A1000? i got 1 its pritey good, looks kool and u can use the equelizer thing on it to make ur music sound better, the connect thing is ok but iv only used it once easy and and it copyes fast aswell dun 16 songs in like 5-6 seconds, well u know wot i mean its faster than my old 1 and hold a lot more songs. wot do u think of it?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Mut68 said:
wot are ur views on the new sony NW-A1000? i got 1 its pritey good, looks kool and u can use the equelizer thing on it to make ur music sound better, the connect thing is ok but iv only used it once easy and and it copyes fast aswell dun 16 songs in like 5-6 seconds, well u know wot i mean its faster than my old 1 and hold a lot more songs. wot do u think of it?

TdC said:
What are your views on the new sony NW-A1000? I have one and it's pretty good, looks cool and you can use the equalizer on it to enhance your listening experience. The connect app is ok, but I've only used it once. It's easy, and it copies fast as well: doing 16 songs in about 6 seconds. It's much quicker than my old one and has a greater capacity. What do you think of it?

I may not have the greatest grasp of the language, but mate, imo you write like a chimp. Happy birthday though, hope you had a good one :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Fucking hell mut68, did you just nut the keyboard to type that? Its like a deformed, retarded dung beetle ran across your keyboard.

TDC is half jock half Dutch and look at his stirling effort at trying to grasp the English language.

There is hope for you barbarians yet Teedles ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey!!! Leave Mut68 alone.... he makes me very very happy :)

Spiffing Birthday, mutty :)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
All he was asking was your opinion on the new Sony mp3 player. Not a fucking english lesson.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Do I not make you happy?

:(

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Dommers said:
All he was asking was your opinion on the new Sony mp3 player. Not a fucking english lesson.

It's not unreasonable to expect *some* standard of quality in a post Dommers. I would never, ever have guessed that "connect thing" was a piece of software, it seemed far more likely that it was the USB cable. Kudos to Teedles for doing research as well as proof-reading.

As for the MP3 Player: Some quick fire questions from a very happy iPod owner:

1. Does the Connect app automatically fill up the player, or do you have to put every single song on manually?
2. Presumably you can make playlists, but can you make a SmartPlaylist (AutoPlaylist or DynamicPlaylist depending on branding)? This is where rather than specifying a list of songs, you specify some rules (like "Songs I haven't listened to for 6 months", "Songs which I bought in the last two weeks", "Songs I've rated with 4 stars or more")
3. Is Connect also a media player? Or just a tool to add music to the portable device?

And Ka-Ching!, we're back on topic. I could be a mod me.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Shovel said:
2. Presumably you can make playlists, but can you make a SmartPlaylist (AutoPlaylist or DynamicPlaylist depending on branding)? This is where rather than specifying a list of songs, you specify some rules (like "Songs I haven't listened to for 6 months", "Songs which I bought in the last two weeks", "Songs I've rated with 4 stars or more")

Wasn't that a Sony invention anyway?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Dommers said:

I'm not sorry Dom. I pride myself that I'm one of the more considerate and helpful people who frequent these boards, but there are times when my shiteness buffer is full I'm not so nice. I know that punctuation and use of capitals aren't my strong suit, but I do try to at least keep my spelling in order. When things like www.dictionary.com are only seconds away on the internet you have to admit that it's not really requiring tremendous effort or a packed head now don't you. I ramble, but my point is that I hold people who don't even try (anything, in this case spelling) in very low esteem.

back on topic: I was, believe it or not, pleased to find out what Mut68 thought of his new toy, just as Shovel is because I think they're cool and I'm thinking of getting one for my gf this christmas.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I want one, they look cool as fuck. My PSP's doing the trick at the mo tho as far as portable mp3 players go though, and not even the flashiest iPod will play Grand Theft Auto.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
SheepCow said:
Wasn't that a Sony invention anyway?

No idea to be honest. Apple have the most famous implementation, Microsoft have something similar in Media Player (but as best I can tell AutoPlaylists don't necessarily sync to portable players).

Even then, being the inventor of something doesn't mean they've actually included it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Quick question.

Do sony still force that check-in/check-out function in their software?

Where you can only copy songs to your mp3 player 3 times before having to reindex your whole collection?

This and the poor quality of sony's software is the main factor which has stopped me EVER buying a sony music player again.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
cheers boys :cheers: i had a good one. sorry to them mother fuckers that cant read text messages (u clearly dont get any!!) its faster and easyer to type that way i dident know that this was an english lesson!

back 2 sony now :D

the mp3 player is dos (thats scotish for kool by the way) works fine, the connect thing is ok only used it once but it works fine. u can copy the music manualy or full sync mode,

u dont have 2 reindx when u copy songs 3 time.

aye u can make play lists so all the songs dont get mixd up, and i dont think its a media player but i think u can put other file types on it like video clips like a memory pen thing.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Mut68 said:
sorry to them mother fuckers that cant read text messages (u clearly dont get any!!) its faster and easyer to type....
Text speak was used because you don't have the WHOLE FUCKING ALPHABET infront of you when writing a text message, compare that with an entire alphabet only a button away on a keyboard. Anyway, with predictive text you don't even have to use text speak anymore as it should work out what word you are trying to enter.

As for the sony thing, it looks amazing (how do they get the menu to appear to be on the player, as opposed to a screen), but like most players will be DRM-ed to shite and will use some dodgy connection software instead of working as a hard drive.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
JingleBells said:
As for the sony thing, it looks amazing (how do they get the menu to appear to be on the player, as opposed to a screen), but like most players will be DRM-ed to shite and will use some dodgy connection software instead of working as a hard drive.

I don't think needing to use dedicated software is such a problem though; so long as the software is actually good (Creative Labs, we have a problem).

The iPod would not be half as useful as I find it to be if I didn't use iTunes as my media player. SmartPlaylists and stuff are very much better when they reflect your PC listening habits as well as the portable player ones. Now obviously not everyone likes iTunes so they're better off without an iPod but generally speaking, I get the impression that Apple have got the whole 'Software/Hardware in partnership' thing about right. Last time I checked Creative didn't 'get it' and continued to insist their players were better because they had FM Radios on them; having a clue doesn't seem to be their strong point.

Sony are a bit more variable than that, since they've designed some very nice hardware throughout history (closer inspection of the new MP3 Walkman confirms it is rather sexy, at least in Black). But... good God I'm still scarred from the Minidisk software (and it wasn't even my Minidisk player).

The website seems to suggest that Connect is supposed to be a bit like iTunes, with an online music store as well. They neglect to provide any close-up screenshots though, which is either a result of bad website design or they have something shocking to hide in the user interface.

I'd give them a fighting chance of building marketshare out of this one.

Does anyone know if you can download Connect separately from owning the MP3 player? Apple seem to have another bit of an edge in that you can obviously use iTunes just as a Media Player if you choose, and therefore 'try before you buy' as regards the iPod.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Mmm I prefer MP3 players that act like USB hard drives and have no crappy software. I'd be happier having all my music on my player and the player making up my "most listened to" or "songs from the 1960's" list rather than my PC abusing the player with new files all the time.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
My iPod 4th gen 40gb is fantastic. I had to swap my creative Zen for a number of reasons to an iPod and hated it at the the time. Then i remembered an app for my Zen player called Notmad (by Redchair that turned it into a HD dumping ground for mp3s. They make one for the ipod called Anapod too, it removes the Appleness totally and its just a file directory of MP3's now. I friggin hate itunes but my ipod is as PC as they get now.

Drag and drop functionality, behaves exactly like you want it to. Wicked.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I bought the pro version of anapod. Comes highly recommended by me too. Awsome bit of software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom