Sony LCD TV??

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Right..... my company is offering us a chance to buy TV's at a discount.

TV Sony 26" (66 cm)
KLV-S26A10E
KLV-V26A10E

TV Sony 32" (82 cm)
KLV-S32A10E
KLV-V32A10E

TV Sony 40" (101 cm)
KLV-S40A10E
KLV-V40A10E

Are these actually any good?
Opinions seem to differ here at work. Some say they are great, others tell me they are crap and I should go for LG….

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cyradix said:
Right..... my company is offering us a chance to buy TV's at a discount.

TV Sony 26" (66 cm)
KLV-S26A10E
KLV-V26A10E

TV Sony 32" (82 cm)
KLV-S32A10E
KLV-V32A10E

TV Sony 40" (101 cm)
KLV-S40A10E
KLV-V40A10E

Are these actually any good?
Opinions seem to differ here at work. Some say they are great, others tell me they are crap and I should go for LG….

Bravias are very good but expensive, and you can get better for the same money (Philips Cineos for example); so it comes down to how big a discount you're being offered. If its enough to bring it down to the price of an equivalent LG or Samsung, I'd get the Sony.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gaff,

Have you invested in a flat panel? I'm interested in those that are up to speed with flat panels - I saw an LG demoing HDTV for a cheaper price than a Bravia and tbh I preferred the picture on the LG.

The reason I ask is that I may sell my projector and get a TV because i'm about to move into my own house and a flat panel would be a better all-rounder.

Any suggestions welcome!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Big G said:
Gaff,

Have you invested in a flat panel? I'm interested in those that are up to speed with flat panels - I saw an LG demoing HDTV for a cheaper price than a Bravia and tbh I preferred the picture on the LG.

The reason I ask is that I may sell my projector and get a TV because i'm about to move into my own house and a flat panel would be a better all-rounder.

Any suggestions welcome!

Yeah, I got the Philips 37PF9830. Its probably the best one on the market right now; 1080p, Ambilight (which really does work), swivelly stand :))), USB slot, card reader, the works. Its not cheap, but I didn't pay for it - late birthday/christmas present from my ex-wife. If I'd been using my own money I'd have probably gone for the Samsung or a smaller Philips.

With the picture, I think its important to actually check the various tv modes with these kind of TVs. When I got mine, I tuned it in and was very disappointed; I didn't think it was as good as my old Panny CRT. However, once I'd spent half an hour playing with the modes it was pin sharp; and that's in SD.

The LG and Samsung TVs are both very good (I prefer the looks of the Samsung myself) and have had good reviews, so I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Set up a lot of Bravias at work 19-50" and I gotta say they do look stunning - The latest Sky Stand at Ideal Home was ours and the thing was covered in them. HD signal fed through them looks positively stunning.

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
I got the Bravia KLV-V32A10E back in November, and I don't regret it one bit. The picture quality is second to none even through the integrated digital, and absolutely outstanding with 720p over the HDMI connection. Can't wait for the HD service from Telewest/Blueyonder/NTL/whatever they're called now to rollout properly.

The only downsides that I've really come across are that the standard speakers don't provide a great sound for movies(but that can be rectified by using external speakers and a decent amp); it won't do 1080p (but then again there's not a lot that will and there's next to no 1080p material available anyway); and that it's not 40" :p

I couldn't recommend it more, but as with any equipment anyone considering purchasing should always go to their local retailer and check it out first. And to echo DaGaffer, have a play with the settings to find the best for your room/setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom