sony cdrw/dvd not burning

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
hi

ive got a sony crx320e cdrw/dvd combo. but it doesnt burn.

dvds play fine, as do cds and generally, reading things. but burning, it doesnt like. im using a stack of tdk cdr80's and audio cds (in itunes, real and wmp), data cds nothing works.

is this guaranteed to be a hardware fault (meaning a new drive) or could some software just be going wrong.

i dont think its the cds because i think my brothers managed to burn on one of them on his cdrw.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had a problem recently with a new DVD player writing to CD. Turned out I needed to update the ASPI drivers...:

http://www.nero.com/eng/ASPI_Driver.html

Do note, a couple of the files were located in more than 1 folder so do a thorough search for files being updated.

Good luck!

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
its being gay and not working (i got some new aspi drivers too) so i think im gonna get a new drive.

should i get anotehr of the same ? ive read around and it seems its a rpetty good drive (i think mine got knocked about on the drive from uni or something) and onyl £20 or so. but then i see a liteon combo for £20 retail..

and dvd writers around £30?! or are these substandard and not really worth the bother?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah get a DVD writer can't hurt for another 10 squid. I got that £30 NEC 3540 and it has been fine. Only writes CDs at 24x though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom