Songs to cry by

S

Summo

I dare say most peeps have a song that makes them eventually turn into a sobbing, dejected, self-pitying mess.

Mine is Blur's No Distance Left To Run from their 13 album.

:(

Yours?

L

Louster

All my weak emotions were burned out of my body years ago!!!! But apart from that I vaguely remember getting teary from the poignance of John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" once. Oh yeah, "Morning Theft", Jeff Buckley, probably had me blubbing when I first heard it. Weird. I don't think there's any song that'll reliably bring on the waterworks though. Uhm.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Almost anything by Beth Hirsch (especially All I Need with Air), and a song that TdC helped me find that right now I can't remember as I'm retarded, oh yes indeed.

M

Munkey-

Dj Sankin and Friends - Protect your Mind (For the Love of a Princess)

or most of the Braveheart OST infact

T

Trem

U2 - Bad.

Any Jeff Buckley can get me filling up as well:(

S

(Shovel)

Various 'bits' of Radiohead songs can have that effect. The "Rain down" part in the middle of Paranoid Android has to most rampantly beautiful backing vocal to it and so much depth.
Creep is also worth a note here, mainly the acoustic version. High and Dry maybe too. No Suprises is the best for it though.

Badly Drawn Boy: "A Minor Incident". Sentimental value :D

D

dysfunction

Night Swimming - REM or
Everybody Hurts - REM

P

projectarnold

Danzig - Sistinas or Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata

S

Summo

HAHAHAHA! I don't really cry at songs!

You're all a bunch of poofs!

:D

I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe when your sleeping tonight...

:(

M

mank!

God, I can't think of any songs that choke me up. Hmm!

M

Munkey-

Just to clarify.

Is this a song that makes you cry because your sad.

or a song that makes your cry because of its sheer excellence.

or both?

S

Summo

I was thinking along the lines of a song that touches you in such a way that you can't help blubbing.

E

echo

The Jam - The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow), and maybe even Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky by MSP

//edit: Abba on the Jukebox, Trembling Blue Stars, Every Little Bit Hurts, the Clash.

Hmm, I'm such a girl :)

N

Nylex

Originally posted by Summo
I hope you're with someone who makes you feel safe when your sleeping tonight...

How on earth do you manage to get 'you're' wrong when you've used it right in the first part of a sentence??

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Summo
I was thinking along the lines of a song that touches you in such a way that you can't help blubbing.

No song does that to me....The ones I mentioned just make me a bit sad...

C

Cdr

The 9/11 (hate that saying) version of REM's Everybody Hurts - is certainly 'moving'

R

Recoil101

shit summo... I had never heard that Blur song before... :(

However, Stereophonics Local boy in a photograph makes me shed a tear for personal reasons....

M

mank!

Oooh, I thought of one:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

M

mookie

Originally posted by mank!
Oooh, I thought of one:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

nail on the head there manky baby.
i can be in the best of moods and it still brings a tear, for both brilliance and sadness. good shit.

F

FatBusinessman

The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve would have to be my choice.

S

(Shovel)

Agree with you about the Verve there.

I actually find "Lucky Man" - also on Urban Hymns - *very* moving. I guess it's just very raw and emotive despite coming across optimistic.

F

Feanor

NIN - Something I Can Never Have
Monkey - Subside
Tony Bennett - When Joanna Loved Me
Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom