Somewhat confused, bloody microsoft!

Chilly

Balls of steel
OK - heres the setup.

[Router]->my PC->(via x-over cable on second ethernet card)linux box

Using network connection bridging I have had this working sweet in the past where both boxes for all intents are purposes were connected directly to the rotuer, I could even pass ports from the rotuer to the linux box so I could host CS servers and pr0n from it etc..

Now today after an unknown event, it all got a bit fubar. So iv been disabling, fixig, recofigging, testing cables and shouting at all my bit of kit for about 2 hours, there was a point where I couldnt even connect to the network from the main PC, let along the linux box.

Is there an easier way of connecting the linux box to the net withotu using silly connection bridging, and no, getting a dedicated link to the router isnt an option and no, using a hub in my room isnt either, I want to use the second network card on my PC to do the work - and i know it CAN work cos it was. Goddam fucking microsoft and its stupid random changes!

/Edit - I think the problem with the connection from the PC to the internet via router is to do with the routing tables, I notice both NICs goign active when I use the internet, when only 1 of them should really - is there a way to force windoze to use my main NIC for WAN traffic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom