Something that bothers me....

A

Aeiedil

imo shades solo are not as good overall tanks as a hero

shades with a warden against heros with a warden are still not as good

shades with a hero guarding however and buffs :) now perhaps its time to talk ;)

shades r very good tanks, esp at high levels, which is something many ppl used to find hard to believe :) recently tried some higher con mobs on my shade solo unbuffed, managed a red with half health left without a pa pull ;)

<anyway> if any of you see a shade called Eilanna then group meh :D should be in the bg's in a week or 2 :) (my second shade). will hopefully be using SC armour all the time :D

S

SingerOfSoul

Originally posted by Athralmall
My NS hit 50 at around 22-23 days played.

shades complaining about 22-23 days /played :eek2:

my bard lvl 50 in 36days /play :great:

A

Aeiedil

took me around 45 days to get 50 on my shade :p my chanters at 40 in about 7 and thats mostly solo :p

then again on my shade my common method was

/gu any groups?
-> if yes, join
-> if no, port to yggdra

V

VodkaFairy

Heh, I have 21-22 days played with 400 alch and RR3L1 :)

Includes alot of help from Fallenstar's guild in Corus :p

A

Athralmall

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul

Goddammed putting words in my mouth :p

I wasn't complaining about getting to 50 in 22-23 days, I was just mentioning it as as point of fact.

:doh:

:great:

E

Ebonn

Bards complaining about 36 days /play :eek:

Ebonn took 55 days /play :great:

:p :p :p :p

Though back on the origanal subject, stealthers in groups has got loads better in the last 6 months, its just a stealther has to put in more effort to get a group than most of the other class's, where as 8 months ago or so, you just wondnt get a group atall :)

S

spankya

Originally posted by Danyan
Storm you're even worse than tomaks at pulling and that's saying something!

Noone can be worse than Tomask's pulling!!

I lvl'd my NS to 48.5 in about 14 days played and that included RR3, and then some bastard hacked my account and I lost her forever :( I never used to sit around waiting for groups, used to either make my own, join guild groups or join lvl50s who were item hunting. Sitting in innis all day waiting for a group or fins is pointless, so make groups instead. I made several item hunt groups for lvl50s and then used to go along and leach :D Its a great way to lvl and most people dont care coz u organised the group(s) and obviously u dont ask for any drops :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by inuyasha
No, void eld is not better then another pbaoer :D
With the best energy debuff, the pbaoe deals 50% more damage, it takes normaly three more casts at least for the debuff to stick for both mages...and the void area just deal 1/4'th of the damage of a pbaoe mage on the paper :D Sooo, another pbaoe is easily better :D

I do think you are wrong, a void mages does not deal 1/4 of the damage of a pbaoe mage on paper, go look up the stats for a void mage 44+, im pretty sure you havent played one. Cast times suck, but thats not an issue in efficient pve.

B

boni_ofdavoid

The mana ment is more versiable then a pbaoer yes...but they still cant pbaoe, so cant really trade those either without slowing down the group. Unless you switch them with the bard, which make you offer endurance regen for an extra area dot, which of course is a decent change.

That champs would be better then heroes, naaah case no champ can fullspec shield the way the heroes can. Where heroes usually get 42shield for slam, and 50 in main weapon, they are usually a lot better at not taking damage then a champ, who also have to get 50 valor, and thus cant get shield to anywhere even 30+ at all.

ok on the mana ment I guess as long as the bard twists, my mana ment suggestion is rubbish ;)

Champs can block to a degree, combined with their debuff and pulling I dont think you have convinced me here...

B

boni_ofdavoid

And no...with dodger RA raised, good equipment and druid buffs, shades are not much worse then a cs champ or lw hero. They DO rock at getting aggro, and they do not get as much damage as you imagine. Those days are gone, and i am not lying when i said diduseeme was the best tank, as in got least damage AND helt the mob best, of all my fins groups. Even without the bubble he did fine. This is mainly case of high evade of course, as well as the eventual block if not cd specced.

Hmm back to the shade. I think you have proved my point, dodger, good equipment, druid buffes etc. Heros / Champs dont need these to even pretend to be a superior tank.

Ill say what I said earlier (sort of) its the degree with which a shade can tank well which I question. I dont doubt that a well specced shade with ras, equipment and group support can tank.

V

VodkaFairy

Btw, I will probably have 25-30 days /played if I ever reach level 50 :p

Depends on how often DF is open really :)

E

elerand

Damn spoilt kids, my first two lvl 50's took no less than 28 days each and I played loads too, my warden didn't take so long however, truly a lazy n00b class :D

E

elerand

Originally posted by Ebonn
Bards complaining about 36 days /play :eek:

Ebonn took 55 days /play :great:

:p :p :p :p

Though back on the origanal subject, stealthers in groups has got loads better in the last 6 months, its just a stealther has to put in more effort to get a group than most of the other class's, where as 8 months ago or so, you just wondnt get a group atall :)

That and what else would healers do in a perfect grp???

Makes buying serenity and mcl almost pointless for my druid if there were never any ns/rangers around :)

Think having classes that need more attention on the healing front are a good thing, otherwise if healers have nothing to do people get bored of their class and give up on them, then there is a shortage just when you need them the most :D

A

Amadon

any idea how long Nolerdraic took? :p

D

Danya

Pfft, all you need for tanking is 1 hero if they're good enough. While I was getting to 50 at crim fins we had Tomask just tank the whole pull half the time. ;)

Best group is then:

Shield Hero (tanks 2)
Other tank (tanks 1)
PBAE
PBAE
Bard
3 others at random. ;)

As long as people are competent though you can make any group work. FWIW the fastest group I had was along the lines of hero, bm, chanter, eld (mana), ment (light), ment (mana), bard, warden. Loads of damage dealers, endurace and mana regen on all the time. ;)

K

Kicks

Originally posted by spankya
Sitting in innis all day waiting for a group or fins is pointless, so make groups instead. I made several item hunt groups for lvl50s and then used to go along and leach :D Its a great way to lvl and most people dont care coz u organised the group(s) and obviously u dont ask for any drops :)

My grps usually fail very quickly :( never had much luck with them.

Joining Item farming lvl50's is a great way to go most of my lvling since lvl 40 has been with guildies and alliance ppl farming in Bog. Thanx peeps for that btw ;). It also gives you a great idea of how much dmg u can take from high lvl mobs and how easyily you can tank them with low risks.

Btw if you got a warden and 2 pbaoes all mobs will be dead b4 they hit a shade twice. If Heros take so little dmg why not fuck off the healers then :bore:

A

Aeiedil

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Hmm back to the shade. I think you have proved my point, dodger, good equipment, druid buffes etc. Heros / Champs dont need these to even pretend to be a superior tank.

Ill say what I said earlier (sort of) its the degree with which a shade can tank well which I question. I dont doubt that a well specced shade with ras, equipment and group support can tank.

thats bs :p its just as fine without ra's, i didnt have ra's when i was leveling and i was tanking fine. didnt have SC armour either. in fact i used my epic dagger, a shield, and some af98 from sheeroe for most the time. before the 98 was orange/yellow i was using af94 from Cm etc. shades can tank with less good buffs but they are better with buffs same as anything :p

I

inuyasha

boni =)

I do think you are wrong, a void mages does not deal 1/4 of the damage of a pbaoe mage on paper, go look up the stats for a void mage 44+, im pretty sure you havent played one. Cast times suck, but thats not an issue in efficient pve.

44 Null Tempest Enemy 4.0s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 158 dmg
48 Disenchanting Eruption Enemy 2.5s Area: 300 325 dmg

High level one, deals about twice the damage on half the time. It stand 2,5 on camelotherald where i take it from, but i based my comment on what it stands ingame (on the paper) where void provide half damage on twice the time. And of course i have tried one, but just to 35. Not sure if you count that as high enough, but the hard cap on 2sec casting time is not efficent, so it does not really matter. The difference remain at higher levels as well.

And i never said champs cant block in them selves...I say you dont see any high level champs at ALL using a shield, alas they cant block! Not sure how much you have calculated on it, but all champs i know know they have to have 50 in LW and 50 in valor, the remaining point more or less always go to parry, so where do you get your shield from? They use the lw or they wont be able to keep aggro no matter how debuffed the darn mob is!

The best tanks is heroes with shield guarding eachother, its no discussion at all. And what i said about ns's is also demands for a good hero, not mastery of block, but alot of speccing in it. Never said nightshades was the best tanks, but they are alot better then rangers, that was my point, due to the evade, not the heavy equipment. Their evade increases as much with buffing as the blocking does on a hero, so its a rather minior difference to point out imho.

I

inuyasha

Oh and..

Point was level 50 more or less solo and had rr3(got that on 32 i think), on somewhere 16-17 days played. =)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: boni =)

44 Null Tempest Enemy 4.0s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 158 dmg
48 Disenchanting Eruption Enemy 2.5s Area: 300 325 dmg

High level one, deals about twice the damage on half the time..

as I said, cast time doesnt count in pve.

Your also comparing a level 44 voidy with a 48 chanter here. Most exp groups where its actually worth doing this are in the 40-50 ream and your pbaoe only gets this at 48.... Tell me how much a mana mage does at 45.

35 is too low to judge a voidy imo , theres a power jump at 44, quite noticable if you sketch the damage/level. Also at 35 your probably a level or two impure in void? This catches up in the v early forties.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: boni =)

And i never said champs cant block in them selves...I say you dont see any high level champs at ALL using a shield, alas they cant block! Not sure how much you have calculated on it, but all champs i know know they have to have 50 in LW and 50 in valor, the remaining point more or less always go to parry, so where do you get your shield from? They use the lw or they wont be able to keep aggro no matter how debuffed the darn mob is!

My GM is a luri shield + blunt champ, and a very cute one at that :)

E

elerand

Re: Re: boni =)

My GM is a luri shield + blunt champ, and a very cute one at that :)

Cos specs are as much about fun as they are about effectiveness :D

I've not had massive problems with void elds...ever...never wanted to whine or kick one cos I thought a mana enchanter was so absolutely essential. Although I have grpd with people who spat the dummy and walked cos they said it was rubbish!

Many classes have problems, sometimes it's because they have a somewhat gimped spec (talking pve here) and sometimes it's because without a grp there is nothing they can do.

I hated trying to solo tanks and my warden, agonisingly slow and risky in most cases to do anything orange. I've seen ns do very well on the right mobs, better than some tanks tbh with that high evade, evade>absorb when it comes to it.

Done fins with 2 luri ns, 1 luri champ and it went swimmingly :D
Luri champ was using a shield too ;)

Can run numbers on anything at the end of the day but a good grp is often formed out of outgoing and ambivalent people who like a laugh and they work just as well as the perfect class balanced grp :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Had a good group today with my bard, made 6 levels!
Had valewalker and nightshade tanking all the time, they rocked :)

Users who are viewing this thread