Confused Somebody Care to explain UN Security Council Veto

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm on team "We should fuck Assad up, and I wish russia+china would stop being dicks and help out with these things", but really this vote works great for the "allies", they get all the cred of wanting to intervene and the goodwill that goes w/ it, and china/russia look like the dicks for not helping/supporting.

Ofc the losers in all that are the hundreds/thousands of innocent civilians who are dead and going to die because of it >.>

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree 100%.

Funny how Obama's saying how important it is to solve this situation without external military intervention eh?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Mind you - I didn't mean it as in: the syrian people.
I was referring to the political system in power.

No, but I am rant-y as hell. :/
womens rights? you're kidding right?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
French did the same when Iraq kicked off all because they had signed deals for oil with Saddam worth 15 billion USD. It's all about money and power.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I actually find jews quite offensive in some of their rites. Refusing to cook meals in the same ovens as us heathens seems completely insane, but I guess that's how they roll.

I once tried to buy a milkshake with a burger meal in a Tel Aviv McDonald's and got extremely cross when they would not serve it. Saying that I was not allowed meat and dairy at the same time. Not even if I had the burger then came back and purchased a milkshake. WTF!!!

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I once tried to buy a milkshake with a burger meal in a Tel Aviv McDonald's and got extremely cross when they would not serve it. Saying that I was not allowed meat and dairy at the same time. Not even if I had the burger then came back and purchased a milkshake. WTF!!!

Thats why Religion needs to be abolished. I don't mind people believing in anything but to force those beliefs on to other people is wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ah right, I was. sorry about that, it's kind of hard for me to ignore vocal religious nutters but you're quite correct.

Considering it's a land for the jews it matters not what the laws are - the religion is the dominating factor. A cursory google search will find just as many articles about how shit it is for women there as you will find how "enlightened" the country's legislation is supposed to be.

You can have all the laws you want, but if the people don't act that way it's for shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Considering it's a land for the jews it matters not what the laws are - the religion is the dominating factor. A cursory google search will find just as many articles about how shit it is for women there as you will find how "enlightened" the country's legislation is supposed to be.

You can have all the laws you want, but if the people don't act that way it's for shit.

Still miles better for women than all the countries around it. Women get a shit time in the Orthodox community, but they have rights in law if they wish to walk away from that life, in the same way an Amish woman could in the US; which is emphatically not the case in Iran or the Gulf. I detest Orthodox Jewry in much the same way as I detest fundamentalist Christianity or Wahabi Islam (actually more because its founded on racist as well as religious bigotry), but its only in Islam (at the moment) that there's no secular legal system to oppose the nutters.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
DaGaffer said:
Still miles better for women than all the countries around it. Women get a shit time in the Orthodox community, but they have rights in law if they wish to walk away from that life, in the same way an Amish woman could in the US; which is emphatically not the case in Iran or the Gulf.

Not all the Gulf countries are the same. Some stupidly allow them to drive! :) In UAE, Bahrain and Oman women are not forced to dress in the abiyah's. It is a matter of personal choice. Yes they have Shariah Law which is weighted heavily towards men. Plenty of well publicized cases of women being jailed after being raped by married men.

Regarding women in Israel, the orthodox Jews have a lot of power right now and are trying to change things for the worse. Forcing women to shave their heads when they marry is one of the more bizarre religious rituals. Still the worst is female castration still performed in some parts of the Muslim world, a barbaric medieval practice .

DaGaffer said:
I detest Orthodox Jewry in much the same way as I detest fundamentalist Christianity or Wahabi Islam (actually more because its founded on racist as well as religious bigotry), but its only in Islam (at the moment) that there's no secular legal system to oppose the nutters.

Turkey is Islamic and has secular legal, political and education systems. Although admittedly Erdogan would like to change some of that. Totally agree with you on any kind of fundamentalist religion. The Wahabi tribes in Saudi are actually responsible for funding most of the terrorism going on. The Regime in Saudi is almost at war with them internally, to the point where they paid Jordan for troops to police some of the northern areas where they are.

Just waiting for it to kick off in Bahrain again on the 14th. Watch UAE and Saudi troops wade in to the crowds again. All whilst the EU, US and UN do and say nothing. The reason being they are Shia and it's neighbours are shit scared of Iran's involvement in the Gulf domestic affairs. Most of the Gulf would be cheering if Israel bombed the nuclear sites in Iran. Such a f*cked up region of the world!

TdC

Still the worst is female castration still performed in some parts of the Muslim world, a barbaric medieval practice .

you mean female circumcision...I hope 0o

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
you mean female circumcision...I hope 0o

The removal of the bald man from the boat :)

You are correct although I'm not sure circumcision is really a proper explanation of this barbaric practice performed on young girls.

TdC

indeed: the healing process keeps them out of the kitchen too long imo!

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved

How are those blinders working for you, Scouse? GB is a christian country then. And there's people supporting the BNP, right? Hence I just decided that even though
the British government is elected through a democratic process is powerless and the country is truly run by Nazi Christians.

A cursory google search will yield a ton of results for "Britain", "christianity in Britain" and "BNP".

You can pretend all day long that your views are fair and balanced, tovarich, I'm not buying it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
How are those blinders working for you, Scouse? GB is a christian country then. And there's people supporting the BNP, right? Hence I just decided that even though
the British government is elected through a democratic process is powerless and the country is truly run by Nazi Christians.

A cursory google search will yield a ton of results for "Britain", "christianity in Britain" and "BNP".

You can pretend all day long that your views are fair and balanced, tovarich, I'm not buying it.

Are you allowed to even use the word Christian openly in the UK these days. I would have thought the PC brigade would have banned it by now, along with church bells, Christmas and anything remotely British!

rynnor

Rockhound
Hawkwind said:
Are you allowed to even use the word Christian openly in the UK these days. I would have thought the PC brigade would have banned it by now, along with church bells, Christmas and anything remotely British!

Sure you can use it as long as the next word is either fundamentalists or extremists :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom