Some questions to GOA

A

Addlcove

tbh I don´t see why you can´t understand that GOA won´t do that because they are running servers in 3 languages, patching one without the other would result in these 2 things

1. huge uproar by french/germans that they are being treated unfair (which they are, we don´t pay more than they do after all)
2. huge invation of german/french to the 2 english servers as they can play newr patches there (no offense to german/french people already on these servers) BUT that would seriously ruin what community there is on the servers.

T

the_smurflord

Oh for gods sake stop this bloody whining.

If you look at the history of this game since the opening on Feb 15th 2002, there has been almost no downtime. A couple of incidents, a few hacking attempts but overall a very very good track record. 99% of my lag problems I can pin down to my ISP. I'm sure for the majority of you all the main problems are your PCs and ISPs, but of course it's far easier to blame GOA than to use your brains for 2 seconds.
As for patches, they are doing a damned good job in my opinion. within a few weeks we'll only be 1 patch behind the US, and given the translation and testing jobs they have to do, combined with the developmental restrictions placed on them by Mythic, they are doing a top job.
Just get your collective heads out your arses, look at the real world and get some bloody perspective.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Oh for gods sake stop this bloody whining.

If you look at the history of this game since the opening on Feb 15th 2002, there has been almost no downtime. A couple of incidents, a few hacking attempts but overall a very very good track record. 99% of my lag problems I can pin down to my ISP. I'm sure for the majority of you all the main problems are your PCs and ISPs, but of course it's far easier to blame GOA than to use your brains for 2 seconds.
As for patches, they are doing a damned good job in my opinion. within a few weeks we'll only be 1 patch behind the US, and given the translation and testing jobs they have to do, combined with the developmental restrictions placed on them by Mythic, they are doing a top job.
Just get your collective heads out your arses, look at the real world and get some bloody perspective.

:clap: :clap:

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
You people really want GOA to change something? Think about it....

how long did it take for people to register SI?H

How often do patches crash the game and make it unstable?

Now think..just THINK if they changed the way their servers worked! Oh by gods we could play next time somewhere around christmas!!

hehe....

How long did it take to register SI... urm about 10 minutes after the servers were open on the wednesday they were patched to 1.57

How often does the game crash... well I play in the evenings when ive finished work, to my knowledge there have been no crashes that time on the server I play.

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by -Nxs-
hehe....

How long did it take to register SI... urm about 10 minutes after the servers were open on the wednesday they were patched to 1.57
For some it took more than 4 days. My second account took 5 days before i managed to activate SI on it.

B

Breni

<insert pictar of dead horse here>:whip:

Anyway, I agree on sorusi's second point - the lag in the Albion frontier recently has been just dire - up to 10 seconds to get a response on my client.

Now, for those that say it's probably my PC, or my ISP...

I keep my PC bang up to date as much as I can with new hardware and software patches, so I'm pretty certian it's not that...

I've tuned the game settings so that they're optimised for RvR - Near on LOD, Clipping, no shadows, self only spell effects, no ambient sound/music. This gives me 3xGreen on my Perf meter, but I'm still lagging 10s for a server response...

I'm on BT openwound, so I think, perhaps it's my ISP...then I talk to a mate on cable, he's getting the same problem. Go figure.

Let's face it - the lag is an issue. I couldn't care less when I get patched to 1.61, that's not a big concern for me. I'm more concerned about the playability of the game that I DO have access to, rather then what I don't have yet. That said, though, it's only in Albion's frontier on Excalibur that I've noticed it. If it weren't for the fact they've got our relics, I'd stay at home in Odin's Gate :D

Users who are viewing this thread