Some manners would be nice

R

Rigon-Noir-

Ok, bit of a whine but i can't believe how many people just don't have any manners at all.

If you accidently kill someone at least send an apology, am i asking for too much? It just gets very frustrating when you get Tk'd and wait the 15-30 seconds to repspawn and the person who did it just doesn't seem to give a toss. I know there are people out there who will happily shoot through / run over you just to get the kill and of course if you kill someone and it wasn't an accident then your a twat.
Don't get me wrong, lot's of people do apologise and the reply is usualy "no prob mate. it happens", isn't that the sort of spirit the Devs intended for in a game like Planetside.

There seems to me to be a distinct mix of gamers in Planetside. We've got the RPG/Team game players, then we have full on deathmatch FPS game players. Planetside does have both elements yes but it's billed as a team/RPG game and for those that aren't too sure, the team isn't just your squad, it's every other person out there fighting for the same side as you are.

Btw: Can people please stop running away when others are trying to heal you, i just give up, i usually vvx (stop) a few times but i ain't chasing after someone to heal them. Cloakers, if someone at the side of you is asking you to "decloak" they are trying to heal you, can't be done while your cloaked, just incase you didn't know

rant over :)

P

[PS]Mung

I agree, and must confess to having TK'd people (by accident) and not apologised.
But during the heat of a battle it's a bit of a nightmare to actually find who you have killed amongst all the death spam.
TBH in the big battles, people EXPECT to get TK'd, and when it happens to me, I don't care if I get an apology or not (It's nice when you do though, hats off to those that bother).
What gets me is when someone hunts you down and kills you for damaging them slightly.
For instance during a base attack yesterday, I had my DLV on and walked into the base R&R room (infils hide there 'cos the room is just for appearances). It was a tense moment, and when another figure pops in front of me (lag probably) I let off ONE SINGLE shot and hit the guy. Then I realise it's one of our guys, so I back off.
Now I couldn't have done more than 30% damage to him, so I figure no biggy, it happens all the time. But the little sod follows me into the spawn tubes room and guns me down!
So I /tell him There was no need for that, I get back a brain dead response telling me to be more careful. What does he think the game is? Real fucking life?
Anyway he goes on responding to my comments "You certainly lack common decency" etc, with comments designed to stir up more aggro, so I tell him I aint falling for that and good luck with your next TK.
Now that's the kind of stupid TK'ing that marks a player as a moron.
I think they should add another column on the stats section to show how many of your own Team you have killed. That'll shame the TK'ers for all to see.

M

mid_Efour

i shot a freindley stealther about 50 meters away as i was shooting some VS guy. I couldnt even see/know the guy was there but he gave me the biggest load of verbal abuse yet, quite a potty mouth. I explained sorry man i didnt even see you etc, but nope he just keeps abusing me, it ended with me telling him to "deal with it" and "F£$K off."

W

Will

I got abused by a stealther who I TKed with a wall gun. I felt a bit hard done by, since the idiot was trying to stab a MAX while I shot him.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Will, i think your example is different from most, sounds like you did that guy a favour :D

W

Will

Heh, true. I did read a forum post by a MAX driver, something along the lines of "I love to hear the clinking sound of a stealther trying to stab me in the back. I can slowly turn round, engage darklight, and get a free kill."

J

Jupitus

Hmmm I wonder if that was aquaninja... he told us last night he tried to stab a max and got about 20 hits in before dying :D

K

Kurfew

Ive lost count of how many Stealthers of my own side i have sniped, ive gone to kill an nme,fired only to hit a stealther who
was standing infront of my target. :( had no idea he was there.

also my Boomer kills as many friendlys as nme's in tower assaults/defense's just cos everyone no matter how badly injured
races to the doors in the vain hope they will get a kill..

lastnite was at a tower surrounded by VS i was in Combat engineer mode running out laying mines/ spits around the tower
under very heavy fire, slowing the nme assault, killed lots of Magriders :).. then dropping a boomer inside the 2 doors..boom boom when the VS tried to get in.. was getting praise and abuse
from the nme's for making the tower assault fun and challenging.

But unfortunatley killed some NC in the process, its just one of those things, in the rush for kills people just forget tactics or common sense and go into 'MUST GET ONE KILL BEFORE I DIE' mode
instead of going to the equipment term changing armour type then changing back again to fully restore armour, using a pre made armour slot full of med packs, healing up then changing back..and then returning to the fight..

TK's happen most by accident.. dont send abuse 'think'

I never intentionally Tk . as that just plain sux

NETRIX BR11 NC Sniper/Combat Engineer <Phoenix Legion>

M

Maliz-

Usually I send a sorry tell to whoever I flatline with my magrider. But sometimes, there is just not enough time to scroll upp all those deathmessages, find the nick and to to spell it right (thats usually the hardest task, so many lameass nicks out there).

I was TK'd once by someone at a AMS. but then, he TK'd alot of people, just because he did not get to the terminal fast enough. yay him.

But atleast I have learned driving at full speed with my magrider inside a base, is not the most clever thing to do, hehe.

P

[PS]Mung

Oh yes and I forgot to add the one we've all done, or will do at some point.
That is to kill the bloke blocking your exit from the AMS spawn tube.
No matter how many V V M you do, they stand there, probably link-dead, but hey, the only way to shift 'em is to blow 'em away.

J

Jonaldo

If the TK is not my fault (which in my opinion no teamkills I have ever done have been my fault) then I won't apologise.
If I'm lobbing grenades round a corner and retreating it's usually FOR A GOOD REASON, all the n00bs running the other way with their medium assault guns blazing and feeding themselves to the pounder MAX I'm grenading deserve to die, and if one or two happen to be by my grenades they get no apologies.

C

Cdr

I was playing the other day (as a stealther), this guy attempts to invite me into a squad, and asks me via a /tell if I want one. I politely decline and carry on with capturing a base. Not 2 mins later the same guy walks up to me and TKs me. I /tell ask him what the hell he was doing - he says he's sorry and didnt realise I was friendly - I then said to him that not only does it show my name above my head, that the name is in green and that on the radar my little dot is in green. He then said he was colour blind - which yeah, fair enough rebutts 2 of the 3 possible 'friendly checks'.

What pissed me off is that the guy just tried to invite me into a squad, thus not only knowing what my name was, but having to remember it to type it into a /invite and /tell command. So why couldnt he have put 2 and 2 together and realised that the name above my head was the same one he tried to invite into a squad a mere 2 mins ago?

Friad this is the only time I've ever given abuse over the /tell command.

I'm sorry :(

S

solothores

Yes, as an infiltrator its quiet hard to survive in the heart of a battle and friendly fire is a pain in the arse, however you are on the wrong place if you get caught between the frontlines in my opinion... Don't get me wrong I was not different in the beginning and went with this "YOU-ALL-GONNA-DIE-NOW-BECAUSE-I-AM-HERE-NOW"-attitude directly upfront with the enemy, didn't care how many guns pointed on my back... & didn't care how many guns pointed on my chest, because I expected those guys behind me do know where they shot at, and those guys before me to not really care about that "silly" shade ^^ however after getting laid enough, I learnt my lesson and changed to a "OK-YOU-OBVIOUSLY-DO-CARE-ABOUT-ME-TOO-MUCH-FOR-MY-OWN-GOOD", that your best friends sometimes can become your worst nightmare and your enemy is not an idiot and going for easy targets first and so I now stab the enemy forces from behind, or from the flanks preffering to grief random-snipers who produce too much deathspam-for-their-own-good, or to stalk stalkers after they stalked - with my glowy knife for a clean effective, loudless kill to not embrass the surrounding wildlife, yes nature and hills, a place where you don't have to fear Shotguns, Lasher-Fire etc. always checking my back however... seems to be a neurosis.

Neitherless, to once stab a Max is the Infiltrators wet dream, and you will be famous as the deadliest of them all, if you can handle one, and the Max by sure, will be thankfully for the experience to get relaxed by a shade and his fellow knife, so I can understand my dearest shade brothers & sisters... who die every day again in their effort, and for as I know how useless it is to try... I am not much different than them, I just can't resist, those Maxes just make me headless everytime again... I need to distress them, pointless to add that enough friends released mercy on me... and providing me with a strange look when I tell them why they killsteal my prey... ^^

But to get back on the topic, everyone who outperforms me to a level that I have to neowow gets a compliment, every friendly kill gets a sosorry, communication with enemy and friends is nice since there is nothing more enjoying than sharing fears and fun with your shade-friend from the other fraction and bitching about the green guys with the big guns handling them like standing before a toilet. ;p

C

Cadire

Some Myopic Sniper stood right next to me while I was cloaked and shot me... I didn't even get an apology, and when I /t him to compliment him on his fine shooting, I had already been put on ignore.

... some funny people about :rolleyes:

B

bone_idle

I have killed plenty of TR's by driving my sunderer. If they run in front of you they deserve to get run over. In real life they would look before crossing the road. So why dont they do it in game.

I used to say sorry to people that i have accidently killed but all you get back is abuse so i dont anymore.

G

Gabrial

Tidus - Im a medic/engineer and appreciate what you say about people running around. However, Ive been on the other end aswell when I heard the "Stop!" macro, stopped and been killed by the enemy that is chasing me:) Same when they ask to decloak - make sure there is someone there before you do:)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Aye, your right Gabrial, i think it's more annoying when you know they get "whoever has healed you for ****" on their screen and still move, usually when there's very little happening.

Originally posted by bone_idle
I have killed plenty of TR's by driving my sunderer. If they run in front of you they deserve to get run over. In real life they would look before crossing the road. So why dont they do it in game.

LOL. Bone, if this was real life you'd be shot for doing it :p

P

[PS]Nova

Tell you what was really annoying once.

We'd just found out that you don't get grief points for squad mates... in a three person squad.. two snipers one infil (me sniper).

I'd shot the other sniper once, taken off about 60% of his hits or something, he'd shot me once, doing about the same.

Then without really thinking, I swung my view over to where the cloaker (venom) was. Decided to do a warning shot near him.... but unfortunately, he ran up the hill just as I fired, and bam, 1-hit kill.

All funny, and we were laughing about it when I get:

noobXXX tells you "be more careful you shouldn't snipe if you don't know what you're hitting"

OK so his name wasn't actually noobXXX it was something I now can't remember, but he wasn't anyone I knew, or anyone near me. He like the rest of us was waiting for the base cap (it had been really defended until a few minutes before so would be good exp) and had just seen the death message (Purgatory killed Venom woohoo) and decided to stick his nose in.

Explained in fairly vehement terms what was happening and told him to be more careful himself who he yelled at.

Other than that.. oh one time was driving magrider outside a base, got a few grief points, hadn't seen anyone, didn't realise I killed someone, then get a tell ? so i send back ? and he said you killed me, and I hadn't even seen him...

But I haven't gotten a lot of abuse from anyone yet - if I've killed someone even if I haven't seen them, if i remember/realise or they message me, I just apologise anyhow - doesn't hurt me and quite often stops a nasty situation before it develops..

M

moo_work

there's nothing RPG about planetside

it's tribes 2 taken to a MMOG level

essentially a MMOFPS

D

DeSlisser

TK-ing is bad Mkay

Well actually it sometimes happens, i never abuse people when getting run over or shot in the back when playing my lowbie infil for fun. Sometimes give a /t thanks! when annoyed cause i was going somewhere in a hurry.

But likewise i dont send everyone a tell i might have killed with a boomer or i have shot in a tower assault/defense with my shotty. Things like that happen.

Although I did once shot into a group of people at an AMS on purpose (intented TK). A stupid thing i know, but the situation was tence at a base or tower defence (dont know anymore) and was waiting my turn at the AMS when people start pushing, running like mad to get to the AMS while paying no attention to others who were waiting there before.. so i shot i anger at a guy who i thought was one of them 'pushers'.

Ooops appeared he wasnt one of them. damn.... how did i found out.. well he hunted me down and shot me while i was putting new mines and turrets around a tower under threath.
I prolly did deserved it.

He sends me im a basterd TKer and he hates people like me and that he would/should report me for the fecking noob i am (he was BR 17 after all as the made sure he told me). I subsequently ask him why he then TKed me when he himself hates it and finds it doesnt have a place in the game.

Well it went on for a while. finally i appologised for the tenth time orso and went on with playing the game. Having learned that next time i shoot a pusher i have to be sure it was one :)

Tempers flare, things happen. As long as you think about other people around you and try your best to appologise sincerely. Give a med kit or two when you accidently shoot someone once, when mistaken them for an enemy when you rush around a corner for example.

/DeSlisser out

P

[PS]Venom

I got a good one today while in my little lightning.

Myself and about 3 other vanu were at the backdoor to a base fighting off a few terrans, I think. They just killed one guy and I spotted a cloaker moving, so I whacked on DL and stupidly forgot to use my chaingun instead of the 75ml Cannon.

One shot I loosed off, missed the stealther, and clipped a friendly MAX for 7 GP. This AI MAX then proceeded to start shooting me (Without waiting for explanation or anything) while I switched to chaingun and killed the stealther.

He stopped shooting once the stealther died, unfortunatly I didn't get his name or he would have gotten a rather nasty tell or two.

Being an infil you get shot a lot, happens a fair bit to me. Sometimes I get apologies sometimes I don't. Doesn't bother me that much.

J

Jupitus

Everyone needs to just chill out a bit when playing, that's all :)

I sometimes run people over, sometimes I have a jerk reaction to a friendly stealther with my JH (I liked that one - my only ever 1 hit kill, I think :p) and once I destroyed my whole squad taking the Jup bus on a nice short cut to a base ;)

Sometimes, if I have time, I apologise, sometimes I don't, but I'd never worry too much if I didn't get an apology when I get hit, just <shrug> and get on with it.

I'm starting to enjoy telling the enemy off for killing me now. Last night I told someone off for daring to attack me and my bus while I was parked at the side of a quiet street, afk and having a pee.... he seemed to enjoy that conversation quite alot :D

Drink lots of beer when you play, and take the chance if you get killed by your own side to light a ciggy or take a leak while you wait for the (in my case usually extended) respawn;)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Originally posted by moo_work
there's nothing RPG about planetside

Matter of opinion Moo really, i think the exp and levelling and speccing if chars makes it more than an FPS

M

mid_Efour

lol my view on PS is its a damn good Online FPS with enought size and spice to be fun even if its same crap over and over and over.

if people want to roleplay in this go for it ill waste anyone. Be they "Seargent Smith of the 22nd Terran Reublica light infatry" or "XxX1337n00bKillaXxX"

i just love mowing bitches down ......... lol

B

bone_idle

Originally posted by Tidus Morgahna
LOL. Bone, if this was real life you'd be shot for doing it :p

Its true though. People ingame just run around like headless chickens. And the worst one is stealthers running on the road stealthed. Why the hell they are on the road is beyond me.

I ran 2 people over tonight in my sunderer. I was comming out of a base with a full squad in the back when all of a sudden these 2 terrans just run straight in front of me. I did /tell one of them saying " watch where your running please. you were on a road". And he said "sorry mate". Which made me feel kinda bad :D

C

Chenuba

I've experienced a jerk TKing me while I was hacking a base. He did it deliberately and didn't even answer my tells asking why he did it.
The sad thing about people destroying the game concept this way, maybe is an asshole IRL as well.

I've decided, that I'll make an appeal, if any moron TK me deliberately again.

Shit happens by accident and stupid people run into your LOF now and then, but killing teammates deliberately is just plain lame.

D

Deady

I used to be nice and send sorry /tells

But now i just run too many over to manage it.

X

Xavier

Originally posted by bone_idle
Its true though. People ingame just run around like headless chickens. And the worst one is stealthers running on the road stealthed. Why the hell they are on the road is beyond me.

<sarcasm>
because that's where the enemy lays their mines, something infil armour can handle, no worries ;)
</sarcasm>

oh no, hold on it can't... :p it's just a pity I fly rather than drive, I'd take great pleasure in mowing infiltrators down on the roads, maybe I should engage in missile strafing runs instead? ;)

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Chenuba

I've decided, that I'll make an appeal, if any moron TK me deliberately again.

That will get you nowhere quick - /appeal does nothing for TKing, that's what the grief system is for.

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Xavier
That will get you nowhere quick - /appeal does nothing for TKing, that's what the grief system is for.

If someone is harassing you by killing you deliberately, you can appeal on it. This has nothing to do with grief, but with people spoiling the gameexperience for others. I read, can't remember where, that appeal can be used for that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom