So

Laddey

FH is my second home
Been doing a little bit of reading, not too much tbh.

Thought i'd ask around, basically how is the pvp? and does earning in pvp effect your character?

DAoC and RPs and RAs etc.

Can you grind? I've heard many people moaning about questing constantly. Can you group and grind like in DAoC or is it WAR style questing?

I'm more interested in the pvp side of things. Open world pvp by any chance?

Cheers

Soazak

Part of the furniture
To level up you can Quest, Grind dungeons (aka Flashpoints) or PvP in battlegrounds (aka Warzones), all seem reasonably viable. My sorc I did mainly questing, my Marauder grinding and I plan to finish my operative doing PvP.

The PvP progression is gear, which personally I find no different to the grind for RAs in daoc, people will argue differently but it's still the same shit, PvP more to get more powerful char, have an advantage over those lower than you. Daoc just hid it better ;)

Open world PvP didn't really exist before today, but today's patch means you now get Valour (aka RPs) and credit towards your quests (which give items) for killing other people. This has on most servers, made the PvP planet Ilum, quite fun (or zergy).

All in all, it's definately worth a try. They (Bioware) seem to be putting a lot of effort/money into listening to the players and actually getting involved.

rynnor

Rockhound
Carlos Bananos said:
To level up you can Quest, Grind dungeons (aka Flashpoints) or PvP in battlegrounds (aka Warzones), all seem reasonably viable. My sorc I did mainly questing, my Marauder grinding and I plan to finish my operative doing PvP.

You can also level doing spaceship battles and some xp from exploration.

Theres also rest xp - increases fastest at a cantina.

Zede

Part of the furniture
you can grind as long as you want. i did 41-43 doing no quests at all, just grinding mobs for xp, crafting mats & coinage. Just done L46 the same

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Go to the level 50 planet zede i grinded out 46-49 there in like 7h or so, there are so many quests :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
The PvP is better than launch WoW PvP and better than launch DAoC PvP and slightly worse than launch WAR PvP.

It looks like its going in the right direction though.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Group questing atleast at lower levels is great, you get social points for pretty much every quest

Laddey

FH is my second home
Cheers for your input chaps. Really really helpfull.

I tend to use a laptop for general use, it would be ideal if it will run SWTOR.

3 gig ram
Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHZ 2.19 GHZ
Mobile Intel Series 4 Express Chipset Family.

Its a standard use laptop, nothing special. Will it run it? Yeah but very poorly?

I have a desktop which will run it, but no chair to sit on.

rynnor

Rockhound
Laddey said:
Cheers for your input chaps. Really really helpfull.

I tend to use a laptop for general use, it would be ideal if it will run SWTOR.

3 gig ram
Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHZ 2.19 GHZ
Mobile Intel Series 4 Express Chipset Family.

Its a standard use laptop, nothing special. Will it run it? Yeah but very poorly?

I have a desktop which will run it, but no chair to sit on.

I have run it on a standard laptop without dedicated graphics - only issue is cooling.

Get one of those laptop cooler stands with fans and you will be fine.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thanks man. I'm gonna invest in it tonight i think

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
It's definitely worth it I'll tell you that, I genuinely think its the best game I've played as a start out - bags of potential too, I just hope that there aren't many more fuck ups like the 1.1 patch :)

If you do get it and roll republic get yourself in touch with myself or Septina on Bloodworthy and we'll chuck you an invite to the guild

Laddey

FH is my second home
It's definitely worth it I'll tell you that, I genuinely think its the best game I've played as a start out - bags of potential too, I just hope that there aren't many more fuck ups like the 1.1 patch :)

If you do get it and roll republic get yourself in touch with myself or Septina on Bloodworthy and we'll chuck you an invite to the guild
Thanks dude. I'm gonna go where FH people are and i can get advice etc so i'll certainly be throwing you a PM. Cheers man. I'll probably be on tonight or early tomorrow. Or both. Or maybe i wont come off it like i did with DAoC...I miss having an unsocial life. I miss bringing a flask up to my room so i dont have to run down to make a brew.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Should see how many empty bottles of coke I have next to my desk :( damn game, off work on holiday and being ill led to me being on SWTOR alot - valor rank 53/80 (without exploits) and level 50 in something like 2 weeks, shocking behaviour :(

Laddey

FH is my second home
Haha maybe i'll join you tomorrow bud.

Thinking maybe a Jedi Consular Shadow*?

I want stealthy action, like daoc.

I have LOADS to learn, so stealth may not be like it was in DAoC.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
if you want over-powered stealther go for a scoundrel :p if you're not too fussed go shadow :p

Laddey

FH is my second home
To be honest mate i'm not too fussed about being overpowered as i want to learn and use my skillz. I'll check scoundrel though, thanks.

Does race effect your attributes and performance of a class?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
givf yoda race :( would be awesome as a dual wielding sentinel!

Laddey

FH is my second home
No its purely cosmetic and everyone has the same base stats so go wild :)
Cool. I'm gonna roll a republic shadow tonight then, thats if there isn't a 15gb patch when i install it.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
nah there's nothing like that - download a program called Mumble and we'll give you the ip details etc ingame - always sum1 in the guild online on mumble and they can chat to you and help you etc

Laddey

FH is my second home
nah there's nothing like that - download a program called Mumble and we'll give you the ip details etc ingame - always sum1 in the guild online on mumble and they can chat to you and help you etc
Ok mate cool. Whats the programme for?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
basically the same as ventrilo/teamspeak - its just Septina hosts a mumble server as its free for him I think :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Ah sweet, i'll see you soon then. Cheers :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Can you make a PvP oriented toon with crap PvE abilities, and plain level it by playing only @PvP?

Also, any mmo based in 2 factions has its PvP component bound to failure.

Its been disucssed thousands of times.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
one of our guildies has levelled purely from daily pvp quests and spacemissions and pvp warzones and he's 46 now I think

rynnor

Rockhound
one of our guildies has levelled purely from daily pvp quests and spacemissions and pvp warzones and he's 46 now I think

Yeah but apparently they lowered pvp xp in 1.1 and near doubled the cost of pvp levelling items - this isnt mentioned in the patch notes tho :p

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
to be fair there was a lot of good stuff, problem is the negative always overshadows the positive :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
PvP is fun but very limited atm and as Empire on our server, 99% of the time its Huttball, which is annoying. Not seen any reports of action on Ilum but not been there since the 1.1 patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom