What happend when Mythic decided that casters deserves;

1.0 sec cast speed...

Piercing...

Brittle guards...

Body guard...

Grapple...

Baseline stun...

Koskenkorva x 100?

And all hunters have is one bottle of Vino de Mesa (and Ztyx have some bottles of Leffe Blonde) :/

Give classic servers or some Koskenkorva.

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
joxpet.JPG

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a 101 ways to counter melee damage and reduce, and barely half a dozen ways to counter magic damage.

This is Mythics idea of balance in the happy world of new frontiers.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Frostor said:

Ar you going to copy jokes from other people all day long or will you find out something new by yourself? You Aussie-wannabe. :puke:

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
agree there r some op caster classes but 1bl>them tbh :)

i play a wizz i dont consider myself op sure my bolts hurts :flame:

Remove stun from casters. Remove pets followin when stealthed and u guys would be ok

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Theres a 101 ways to counter melee damage and reduce, and barely half a dozen ways to counter magic damage.

This is Mythics idea of balance in the happy world of new frontiers.

interrupts? - try playing a caster (note: caster not inster like bonedancers and warlocks) with just 1 banelord within cliprange and see how much fun it is

censi

Can't get enough of FH
cast times is way OP but like garb says in the FG context interupt system still fooks up mages.

the real gripe is that stealthers need a consiberable boost to make them on par with visuals. they should by nature be a bit weaker because roaming around invisable is like pretty handy :) but its gone beyond the stage where visuals are difficult to kill... its like comical for certain classes, but thats why you see a large contigent of the solo'er or tag team players do not bother rolling a stealther.

(they couldnt cut it :) or thats what I keep saying to myself after getting mullered by some moc'ing LT'ing ml9petting asshole! keeps me sharp on the edge where i need to be ;) )

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Caster damage is "balanced" vs 50% resists in a group.

1v1 caster damage is insane, especially if you don't have resist buffs (e.g. hib vs sorc/cabby). A cabby with a very fast cast time can drop my vamp with debuff lt lt lt lt (I have 26% body and 2310 hp), if charge/bl are down I can't even get to melee range before I die. That is fucked up.

It's true casters are glass cannons (much less than they where in OF I might add), but I hit rr10 tanks for more than I hit many rr10 casters.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
look on brightside Jox, at least you dont have to deal with sm's 1 on 1

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
SMs arn't as bad as sorcs or cabbys. Sure the intercept pet is pucked up, but at least it doesn't often chain stun (probably no point attacking a caby as ns/sb unless you have mez poision, or you can 2-shot kill them).

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
SMs arn't as bad as sorcs or cabbys. Sure the intercept pet is pucked up, but at least it doesn't often chain stun (probably no point attacking a caby as ns/sb unless you have mez poision, or you can 2-shot kill them).

they do chain stun, and ye all casters are OP in small scale rvr balanced in fg rvr, ive always found i hit tanks stealther for more dmg then casters, atleast albs, with my bow on old ranger.

Dont have too big of a problem with Sms myself tho as i can mezz the pet purge the pboe mezz, if purge is down thats a different story then im most likely dead b4 i get a chance to interupt with instas even with 31 cold resist

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Valgyr said:
they do chain stun, and ye all casters are OP in small scale rvr balanced in fg rvr, ive always found i hit tanks stealther for more dmg then casters, atleast albs, with my bow on old ranger.

Dont have too big of a problem with Sms myself tho as i can mezz the pet purge the pboe mezz, if purge is down thats a different story then im most likely dead b4 i get a chance to interupt with instas even with 31 cold resist
pet intercepts even when mezed unfortunately
and no they dont chain stun unless lvl 1 pet is being used (then u lose intercept)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Game isen't designed for 1vs1's... Alot of things are op 1on1 that are quite balanced in larger scale rvr, like casters. As said above try playing a caster with a banelord that knows what he's doing. It's easy to whine on something you've never played.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
BD's are still the nr 1 retard class though imho. Happened several times now that I PAchain a BD ,while the pets are mezzed from mezzpoison and the BD doesnt die, so i disease him, debuff him, dot him and throw a dotspike on it and he still doesnt die and kills me in the end...
So i used my strongest attack, my 2 best ML abilities and all the poisons available but cripple on 1 target and he can still kill me without any RA or ML ability...

Mind you that they strafe like crazy but i still manage to hit them styled with /face so it means that all that dmgoutput + normal 50CS garrotte dmg on a diseased BD does not kill him fast enough for the LT to do the job and the pets to be unmezzed...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
2 facts for teh people!

sm pets dont intercept when mezzed, and as far as ive seen they dont intercept while stunned either

caba pets have immunity timer on the stun now, tendril4tw if you're bl. short immunity timer tho, since the stun is 2-3 sec only

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
2 facts for teh people!

sm pets dont intercept when mezzed, and as far as ive seen they dont intercept while stunned either

caba pets have immunity timer on the stun now, tendril4tw if you're bl. short immunity timer tho, since the stun is 2-3 sec only

They do intercept when meleestunned, not sure about castable stuns, however as you said they do not intercept when mezzed.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
2 facts for teh people!

tnx for clearing that up :)
havent played my sm in a long time so was going on the stealther whines :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Game isen't designed for 1vs1's...

Biggest myth ever... if you were running a mmorg wouldnt you try to satisfy everyone? Ofc you would and Mythic have tried to balance 1v1 and small scale rvr since the beginning but never succeded. And all stealth classes? they were made for 1v1, especially assassins.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
determination improved next patch (so high RR tanks do ok - low rr still fodder)

toa brought out lots of anti-tank stuff because det5 tank gank groups were dominating pretty much everything. (banelord being the obvious exception but if you're not a banelord that doesn't help much)

I expect champion levels will have lots of anti-caster stuff ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
That new det5 is extremly expensive Film. I'm sure it'll have a significant impact on 8v8, but it'll have very limited impact on soloers - if you get det5 you'd need to be rr9 or something to get purge2 and ip2 as well....

Anyway most of the time charge > det (long fights are the exception due to roots or a dead bard).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tis why I said High RR will be ok and the low RR (like moi) will be fodder :)

I think most of the light tanks go for charge 3 instead of det - not everyone gets charge though.

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
interrupts? - try playing a caster (note: caster not inster like bonedancers and warlocks) with just 1 banelord within cliprange and see how much fun it is

lol ye ... :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom