So whos rolling Origins?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What a fucking mindless answer. "Elitistic twat"? It's stone cold facts. Do you honestly think announcing a new server concept and igniting a wave of enthusiasm and interest and then not releasing ANY info for half a year is a sound strategy? They ought to be ashamed, they really do, for wasting the potential origins had.

I was optimistic and was really interested in origins concept as well, so don't give us shit like that because the problem is not "doomsday prophecy" or whatever you imagine, it's a lousy customer communication and policy.

Mind your own business! And if it was a mindless answer, how could you take offense of something obviously not pointed at "you"? And as for the info part, there has been lots of info on classes, technical info and what not.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Mind your own business! And if it was a mindless answer, how could you take offense of something obviously not pointed at "you"? And as for the info part, there has been lots of info on classes, technical info and what not.

Mind my own business? It's a public forum you donkey. It doesn't matter who it was directed at, it was totally off-target.

There has been "lots of info?" Wow, could you please specify in which parallell universe this is? Feel free to supply links or copy/paste of this "lots of info" that obviously alot of people have missed out on. I would be enormously surprised if you could find some official announcement with "lots of info" regarding origins after september.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Mind my own business? It's a public forum you donkey. It doesn't matter who it was directed at, it was totally off-target.

There has been "lots of info?" Wow, could you please specify in which parallell universe this is? Feel free to supply links or copy/paste of this "lots of info" that obviously alot of people have missed out on. I would be enormously surprised if you could find some official announcement with "lots of info" regarding origins after september.

On a sidenote, "Banbharun Druid of Prydwen DAoC <Eclipse>", and replying to my post, coinsidence? Have no intention of providing info to a babbling, ignorant child just so it can be disregarded in an instant.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
On a sidenote, "Banbharun Druid of Prydwen DAoC <Eclipse>", and replying to my post, coinsidence? Have no intention of providing info to a babbling, ignorant child just so it can be disregarded in an instant.

Hehe, I am the ignorant child when you are the one failing to answer any of my points and for some reason think what I played is relevant to this discussion.

Guess you just finally realized you were embarassing yourself and decided to not further it anymore. Good for you.:clap:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hehe, I am the ignorant child when you are the one failing to answer any of my points and for some reason think what I played is relevant to this discussion.

Guess you just finally realized you were embarassing yourself and decided to not further it anymore. Good for you.:clap:

Your points are invalid in my point of view, so i didn't even bother to discuss them (time consuming).
I could have put forth my point somewhat more delicate originally, (namecalling is an old habit). Still, there is no reason for them to release Origins at this point, due to Warhammer´s release. They probaly want to see if Warhammer goes down the drain, and then fall back on Origins. Even if Warhammer is successful they made it clear of their intentions of releasing Origins, and i don't see why anyone would have to whine like an ignorant child about this, as it is all clear to me. And by reading your previous posts, enough said.

P.s Don't you see the irony in the whole "elitist" matter? If you don't, drop it.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Your points are invalid in my point of view, so i didn't even bother to discuss them (time consuming).
I could have put forth my point somewhat more delicate originally, (namecalling is an old habit). Still, there is no reason for them to release Origins at this point, due to Warhammer´s release. They probaly want to see if Warhammer goes down the drain, and then fall back on Origins. Even if Warhammer is successful they made it clear of their intentions of releasing Origins, and i don't see why anyone would have to whine like an ignorant child about this, as it is all clear to me. And by reading your previous posts, enough said.

P.s Don't you see the irony in the whole "elitist" matter? If you don't, drop it.

To sum it up you could not provide the info you were talking about (very surprisingly as there obviously does not exist such kind of info). It's all clear, indeed it is. It's all very clear that you are rowing for your life to reach land with your arguements here. You speculate about the reasons for releasing/not releasing origins, well guess what; it's totally irrelevant, my post does not concern the idea behind origins, it's about the flow of information, timing and how poor that has been.

You argued that there had been alot of information and there was no problem on that end, yet failed to show to all this information and for some reason suddently didn't think that it was necessary or relevant for the discussion to provide such info? I guess it would be too demanding for you to see the incoherent logic there.

If you are to reply in the same fashion as your last post then don't bother, you fail to reply to the all questions asked and the very core of the arguement.

P.s I don't have any fucking clue who you are or why you keep bringing my playhistory/posthistory into this discussion.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Still, there is no reason for them to release Origins at this point, due to Warhammer´s release. They probaly want to see if Warhammer goes down the drain, and then fall back on Origins.

Fall back on Origins? Do you really think it will bring back that many players that they can have that to fall back on? I seriously don't think it will get close to any population WAR have or will have.

It could on the otherhand be a cool server for us old DAoCers who can't let go of the past but not more than that.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Fall back on Origins? Do you really think it will bring back that many players that they can have that to fall back on? I seriously don't think it will get close to any population WAR have or will have.

It could on the otherhand be a cool server for us old DAoCers who can't let go of the past but not more than that.

It will be interesting how popular Origins ultimately will become. And i am not really playing it because i can't let go, rather that there is no better MMO out there for me personally. But, this being EA, i guess my statement before about falling back on something would be invalid. They have their sport games, and couldn't really give a damn. But i guess Mythic does. On the other hand, they are still developing expansions for the original game (Dragons revenge). So, does that mean they are not being serious about Origins?

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
They should imo release Origins as a new game, with an advertizing campaign like WAR. And the voice in the trailer, goes sort of like:

"Now everyone has a chance to find out what was so great about Dark Age of Camelot. Without having to struggle to compete with the old players armed to their teeth with their, for a newcomer, almost unachievable abilities and supreme equipment. Now everyone start from scratch, everyone, even you, will be given the chance to reach the top.

Set back to the times of the Old Frontier, the mythical battlefield from the elders' memories. Where it all happened when Dark Age of Camelot was at the peak of it's heights. You will get to experience, what everyone's been talking about when referring to the greatest RvR play of all mmorpgs. For those who missed it the last time, now is your chance!"

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
They should imo release Origins as a new game, with an advertizing campaign like WAR. And the voice in the trailer, goes sort of like:

"Now everyone has a chance to find out what was so great about Dark Age of Camelot. Without having to struggle to compete with the old players armed to their teeth with their, for a newcomer, almost unachievable abilities and supreme equipment. Now everyone start from scratch, everyone, even you, will be given the chance to reach the top.

Set back to the times of the Old Frontier, the mythical battlefield from the elders' memories. Where it all happened when Dark Age of Camelot was at the peak of it's heights. You will get to experience, what everyone's been talking about when referring to the greatest RvR play of all mmorpgs. For those who missed it the last time, now is your chance!"

^

I would buy that game :p

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
I know that many of you are eager to know what the status of the Origins server is and can’t wait for an update. I just wanted to let you know that while there isn’t any information to share with you right now, I’m pleased to say that there will be in the weeks ahead. As always keep an eye the Herald for the latest news.

From Friday Grab Bag, Jan 23rd 2009

I don't think there will be an Origins server in EU but I do think there might be a demand for it from EU players. However, it would need to be on the US unless GOA can free up the hardware for it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
From Friday Grab Bag, Jan 23rd 2009

I don't think there will be an Origins server in EU but I do think there might be a demand for it from EU players. However, it would need to be on the US unless GOA can free up the hardware for it.

They can't even handle their own servers. Under the 7 days of freetime, there was always a small delay on every spell / style you used, annoying as hell. Wouldn't mind if there was only US servers.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
They can't even handle their own servers. Under the 7 days of freetime, there was always a small delay on every spell / style you used, annoying as hell. Wouldn't mind if there was only US servers.

Well for alot of players its the opposite way around lag on US none on eu:)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
EU has been really laggy in daytime the times I've popped in over the last 3 months. Unless they fix that, I'd prefer US too.

Riquel

Banned
Well, Coldbeard, the reality is that neither you nor fettoken know exactly what is going on, so perhaps its best to give things a bit of a rest until we actually know something.

My guess is that they are delaying it so that people will keep playing in anticipation, which of course means more money.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
The US patcher now has an Origins banner on it so I looks like it's coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom