So who else .. ?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
find it funny if hibs complain about warlock, I don't know if I have seen any hib in thid today that was not a vampiir , its getting friggin ridicoulus .. all fotm hibbies flying around using their op abilities and even with this you need to gather 5 animist and shroom yourself up for some good old OF CK camp style, pathethic. Yes its really fun to stand outside ck and watch into the wall of shrooms and get nuked through walls if you even show your ass for 1 sec. Anyways animist/shroom whine is so last month/year whatever so you ck camping hibs please, you are making the battleground so boring.. the only time I saw hibs roaming around was when there was some fancy guildgrp running and all hibs naturally climbed aboard the add train.. Less camping stupid ck and more moving around ;X

yes , whine >.<

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Well, vamps dont bother me, valks dont bother me, and bainshess dont bother me. And warlocks only bother me because i'm too lazy to go make friends with a cleric, one heal or a cure poison and locks would die even easier than the other new classes. I've never lost one on one in bg's yet (with my crush merc), and i was sat next to my brother (slash merc) when i watched him take down a vamp one on one, my brother starting the fight on 60% health and no endurance(this is considering in a duel, i'll usually waste my brother and be on about 50%, due to crush stun style)... After seeing that, i just can't really see why people keep calling vamps overpowered, they seem pretty balanced to me. But, who am I to say? :)

(Excuse my forum spam btw, because i can't play daoc, i have to comment on it instead :p )

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
All the crush and slash merc i one on oned died :) in thid Vs my Zerker Kuddles XD

but i am the same Vamps arent great...

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:
All the crush and slash merc i one on oned died :) in thid Vs my Zerker Kuddles XD

I'll let you know when i am back from uni, give you a kicking :)

Anyways, will someone please explain to me why they think vamps are so great? I've yet to see any impressive feat from them at all to be honest.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Maybe you've been fighting Vampiirs without a decent sc/spec. I consider myself overpowered (I'm a thane) and I still have problems with most vampiirs. I get the occasional kill, but vs a decent vampiir I don't stand a chance.

They have got a very strong HoT, their claw damage is more than decent, add to that their good stats and heavy tank hp table and you've got yourself a very strong class.

Just a reminder: 1on1 is without a buffbot. A buffbot would make it effectively 2on1.

Blokkie

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
The only caster that could kill a vamp easy is air theurg. Tried both theurg and sorc in thid last 2 days.

Petsson theurg lev 21 could gayspam kill them but lev 24 sorc Tiptap had problems with buffed/sc'ed ones for sure.

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:

i would also gladly have a 1 v1 against u , but u seem to have a savage and another class strapped to your back atm in thid , camping the bridge rooms is fun tho :p

btw , i'm Derfal :)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Maybe you've been fighting Vampiirs without a decent sc/spec. I consider myself overpowered (I'm a thane) and I still have problems with most vampiirs. I get the occasional kill, but vs a decent vampiir I don't stand a chance.

They have got a very strong HoT, their claw damage is more than decent, add to that their good stats and heavy tank hp table and you've got yourself a very strong class.

Just a reminder: 1on1 is without a buffbot. A buffbot would make it effectively 2on1.

Blokkie

Fair enough, i still haven't been bothered by 'em. But at least someone has taken the time to explain why they are such a strong class. And from you've said, i can see why, hopefully i'll meet a good one :) I'd rather lose a good fight than win in a slaughter :)

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Umgrud said:

Let me clear this up...

There are situations where a twinked Vamp loses.

1. When a bufed zerker goes vendo on u, quite simply they outdamage your HoT.

2. When a buffed crush merc gets dt + the anytime stun.

All other classes can just forget about beating a good twinked vamp.

If you disagree then you should speak to the reaver, merc, inf, sb, valk and thane I slaughtered one after each other without stoping yesterday.

Isus - 24 Celt Vamp

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Let me clear this up...

If you disagree then you should speak to the reaver, merc, inf, sb, valk and thane I slaughtered one after each other without stoping yesterday.

Isus - 24 Celt Vamp

You forgot crush polearm armsman :(, 1h crush stun combo , then swap to polearm side attack + followup, works wonders.

If you want to do a duel sometime just beckon Yuniu ;)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Yunio said:
You forgot crush polearm armsman :(, 1h crush stun combo , then swap to polearm side attack + followup, works wonders.

bah you meanie, you almost made me give up my valkyrie after I fought you. Depressing to lose vs a bluecon armsman I tell ya, even though your crush stun style is way op ;) and I fecked up on styles :>

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Frozensolid said:
Was running botted with my ns few days ago.
I know he has 0 % matter.. but still..
A warlock insta dotted me. Ticked 120 dmg 1st tick... then 7 times 72 dmg. And i'm dead due one insta.. cmon :eek7:

Warlock party at thid :p best way to insta die is here :)

Actually on your screenshot there, I am the female norse warlock there to the top left of the shot, and I was solo. ;)

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
bah you meanie, you almost made me give up my valkyrie after I fought you. Depressing to lose vs a bluecon armsman I tell ya, even though your crush stun style is way op ;) and I fecked up on styles :>

:) dont be, was buffed and was trying out the tailor made suit that was just made for me.

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
when im unbuffed ive still had no problem beating vamps 1 on 1 even when they are buffed and i dont use DT but then again as u said i may have not met a really good one yet (i find that if you keep using bludgeon until they start casting u can use the stun style b4 they cast, that way u usually come out of the duel with almost all your hp... also the crush bonus against leather helps ;p )

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
as for warlocks they are def overpowered but... if people were more organised they wouldnt be so much of a problem in thid, instead people allow them to hide out of los while chambering their dot which they then use as they peep into los of a target and run back out of sight again... only reason albs aint been getting their butts kicked so badly by it is because of the amount of heretics... theres always a heal nearby in thid atm ;)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Let me clear this up...

Isus - 24 Celt Vamp

HAH
buffed merc needs DT's to beat a vamp? no fucking chance mate, i've slaughtered enough vamps to know that if you beat reaver, merc, inf, sb, thane and valk in a row, then they all fucking sucked, especially the merc, who should have beaten you on his own.

Now, i understand why vamp's are a strong class, but killing 6 people in a row (If you mean, one after the other, no rests) is going a bit far, so either i have *never* met even an average vamp, or those 6 people have serious retard issues.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
HAH
buffed merc needs DT's to beat a vamp? no fucking chance mate, i've slaughtered enough vamps to know that if you beat reaver, merc, inf, sb, thane and valk in a row, then they all fucking sucked, especially the merc, who should have beaten you on his own.

Now, i understand why vamp's are a strong class, but killing 6 people in a row (If you mean, one after the other, no rests) is going a bit far, so either i have *never* met even an average vamp, or those 6 people have serious retard issues.

I made a fully sc'ed/toa'd thid vamp on pryd, to explore the class.Killed 4-6 non-sc'ed enemies in the same fight(i.e. all of them on me at once) was not uncommon. That said, I also lost afew 1vs1's against equally twinked foe's. You are aware that a vamp has end drain, 90hp self heal that ticks every 5 secs etc right? Seems like alot of people think that, just because you fought and won against a <insert class>, every consecutive fight will end the same way.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
I made a fully sc'ed/toa'd thid vamp on pryd, to explore the class.Killed 4-6 non-sc'ed enemies in the same fight(i.e. all of them on me at once) was not uncommon. That said, I also lost afew 1vs1's against equally twinked foe's. You are aware that a vamp has end drain, 90hp self heal that ticks every 5 secs etc right? Seems like alot of people think that, just because you fought and won against a <insert class>, every consecutive fight will end the same way.

I am aware of their abilities, yes. And its not because i won once, its because i have won A LOT, and not lost yet against a vamp. So maybe they should have put up better fights, if you can beat 6 at once (And, as far fetched as it sounds, i actually believe you), then they should really have beaten me alone tbh, no matter how lame they were...

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
/Respect

Yunio said:

I stand by my earlier statement Yuniu after our duel last night. Both you and Bjorag felt the pointy end of my rapier :)

/Respect to your 2 arms + mincer trio though, skilled and fair players imho. Good to see some alb groups dont always gank soloers...

Isus - 24 Vamp 24SM, 16 Pierce wishing he was 21 SM, 19 Pierce

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
I stand by my earlier statement Yuniu after our duel last night. Both you and Bjorag felt the pointy end of my rapier

/Respect to your 2 arms + mincer trio though, skilled and fair players imho. Good to see some alb groups dont always gank soloers...

Isus - 24 Vamp 24SM, 16 Pierce wishing he was 21 SM, 19 Pierce

Hey, everyone has a bad hairday at times ;) and btw, the other arms was slash, and we were not fully buffed either and im level 23 :). and you strafe in duels :(

(do i need anymore excuses ? :p) nah seriously, lost fair and square.

but maybe we will meet again, or maybe not.. since we finally run GG again so no less need for Thid

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
HAH

Same with my Zerker... i dont need to Teddy to Beat a Vamp or two... Just helps.. Plus a class with a Onehand weapon Vs a DW class you do the maths

Vamps are worst againts a buff Shield tank "Block Block Parry block" but if theres 2 vamps it makes it very hard..

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Yunio said:
Hey, everyone has a bad hairday at times ;) and btw, the other arms was slash, and we were not fully buffed either and im level 23 :). and you strafe in duels :(

(do i need anymore excuses ? :p) nah seriously, lost fair and square.

but maybe we will meet again, or maybe not.. since we finally run GG again so no less need for Thid

I did not know your level so if you were 23 I take my hat off to ya, it was a good fight /salute.

Oh, and FYI I didn't strafe and never do. I do run to the back of polearm users as they swing slow and can often be slow to react but I consider that just smart play, why would I want to stand toe to toe and get smashed...

Hope to meet you again soon...

Isus - 24 Vamp

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
HAH

I have only come across a couple of mercs who didnt DT and won both times, all the others used DT to win.

Having said that I have been demolished by a merc on my back while chasing a caster, no DT used there and went down fast so maybe your right.

Buffed Zerks out of vendo and Mercs that dont DT are tough fight but don't be so cocky as to suggest you will beat a vamp every time, its just not the case.

Oh and by the way, the merc and reaver i mentioned in earlier post must have sucked cos I had them both on me and still won.

Isus - 24 Vamp

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
I have only come across a couple of mercs who didnt DT and won both times, all the others used DT to win.

Having said that I have been demolished by a merc on my back while chasing a caster, no DT used there and went down fast so maybe your right.

Buffed Zerks out of vendo and Mercs that dont DT are tough fight but don't be so cocky as to suggest you will beat a vamp every time, its just not the case.

Oh and by the way, the merc and reaver i mentioned in earlier post must have sucked cos I had them both on me and still won.

Isus - 24 Vamp

If i suggested i will beat a vamp every time, then i apologise. What i meant was, i have beaten every vamp i have encountered so far, i'm sure things can go the other way sometimes though.

As to zerks, they are pretty fuckin' hard, the problem most zerkers make when duelling me is going to zerk mode. If a zerker stays out of rat mode he has a fair chance of winning (They are very close classes in terms of damage output/hitpoints). But DT's would drop a zerks hit rate and increase fumble chance while giving no detrimental effect to the merc, in comparison, a zerk in rat mode does a lot more damage, but has a huge defence reduction, so tends to get mashed up.

I gotta say though, i love zerk's, they are at least as fun to play as mercs :) Had one when i played mid for a short while, good stuff :D

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
well lets keep this quite simple. from my experiences the past few days ( both with mincer and armsman)

decent spec/kitted vamp kills most fighter classes, except an even decent spec/kitted merc. I think a crush merc should kick any vamps ass. Same goes ofcourse for the zerker. I think warriors/armsman/thanes and so can deliver quite good fights, but the odds tend to get drawn to much to the vamps, especially a good played vamp.
( and im just talking purely 1 on 1's) With most vamps i can put up decent even fights, but the 3 times i fought isus i couldnt even bring him below 30%..

Think they are a little bit OP, but as with most classes in thid.. "rock scissor paper" mechanics :) although the vamps tend to be able to cut a lot of paper without meeting a lot of rock :p

Found it funny how my mincer alt and an infil buddy ( both level 22) got eaten alive by Isus. While we had the jump :)

btw just a small note to nighthawk and celi ( both vampi's), if you can, get some decent armor and melee resists. I think you still have that free armor, but i'm sure you two can be more lethal if you could get your hands on some rog's and decent armor :) was a bit surprised i took you both down while i was on 50% health at the start of fight(no this is no e-peen enlarge post, so don't even try )

Anyways, love to see some in 50's rvr.. havent met many there

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
After my 3-4 days as playing vamp in thid i have had this exp. Yes its one of the strongest characters i have played in thid:) Only time i really had a problem more or less 1vs 1 was that half ogre guy i met like 20 times on same evening:p. First time i lost and then we had some even fights etc.Other then that i killed loads. And dies little.....so yes its a powerfull character for sure.
I could sometimes charge into 5 characters and kill someone and run out from there and then come back again etc....
And yes...its a little boring being 1 in vamp zerg.....but its nice to try the class out tbh.
Havent really concentrated so much about all other realms zergy classes. The only thing i notice when fighting is that anoying laserbeam going of like a mashine gun all over the place....no damage but really anoying. And that i guess is one of the new classes:p

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Originally Posted by Yunio
You forgot crush polearm armsman , 1h crush stun combo , then swap to polearm side attack + followup, works wonders.

If you want to do a duel sometime just beckon Yuniu

Tough cooky indeed, was close fights with my s/s hero ;)
And yeh the vamp zerg is big, saw a fair amount in molvik aswell...
But it will pass... more and more seem to be lvling on.

Time for me to hit thid soon with the fotm vamp i think, see for myself if they are OP :)

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
i was at dun bolg defence tonight with my lvl 20 scout (*wave frozen* think i shot u with a ballista once ^^) and well lets put it this way... NERF VAMPS! 2 shar brehon vamps climbed the walls (yes they get climb wall ability) and slaughtered a fg albs all by themselves

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Amel said:
i was at dun bolg defence tonight with my lvl 20 scout (*wave frozen* think i shot u with a ballista once ^^) and well lets put it this way... NERF VAMPS! 2 shar brehon vamps climbed the walls (yes they get climb wall ability) and slaughtered a fg albs all by themselves

Lol, this is a frequent happener :p I remember when savages came out, i wasstea;thed with mincer in emain and watched mumin and a skald wipe out a fg of albs... If vamp's are on par with how savages used to be, gonna be nerfbat inc i reckon :-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom