So who else .. ?

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
So who else is bored already by the warlock zerg in thid ? :p Seemed to be 1/2 of the mid population today :eek7:

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Bloodclot said:
8 ppl in thidranki atm. 1 warlock. such zerg

12.00-13.00 Thid 2fg mids + stealthers camping ab and alot where warlocks.

They killed what fun early today as there where 4 non stealther hibs and a couple of rangers.

There where more albs but they logged.

Tried to avoid ab and found nothing as they seemed cosy in there 2fg camping and would not move around.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
aye i played for abit today n saw quite alot of em come and go

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
btw. according to some guildy theres a SB around called: Gotnnls ?¿
Who the heck is that :D

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks - bah too easy drop like flies - Vamps a bit tuffer only struggle if Orange con - warlocks suffering the BD bug - think they are real tuff and just front you out - die easy after they have dropped their 1st load :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Saw lots of Warlocks out today, don't think I have seen a heretic ( don't even know if im able to recognize a heretic on the battlefield ;P ) but also seen loads of vampiirs aroud. If you want warlock and vampiir zerg try out thidranki avalon ;D

btw. boring when mids are such large numbers and are camping the distance kingsbridge - atk. Never thought i'd say this but bring more albs back to thid :eek:

RS|Pikoah

Fledgling Freddie
If th hibs didnt notice there were a fair few vamps running about the place, more than there were warlocks

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Seen a few Heretics, not got Cata yet so I can't make one, the pulses look cool, and from what I have seen not gonna be FOTM char like some of the other realms, more of a Reaver/Valewalker hybrid, please don't shoot me if I have that wrong, as I said not got Cata so not got 1, just m 1st impression from seeing them in thid as played by others.

Vamps look cool - Luri jumping down from bridge doing the slow cloak glide Muhahaha (Sounds need to be added IMHO) only had 1 fight 1 on 1 so far with a Vamp, and hard to rate as he was orange con and I had jumped off a keep before charging in so not full HP - my toon is a Mini

Warlocks - spot them a mile away with that floaty thing - very front loaded damage - so if your on the end of the first barrage, its goodnight, but do not seem that hard if you you survive the initial punch. Looks like they will be a casters nightmare though, saw a few 1 shot deaths by a warlock (several spells in 1 shot as is their thing)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
not gonna be FOTM char
well, atm its more Heretics in thid then anny other alb class atm, and they are abou 2fg+ with albs, agains our little FG mids :touch:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
btw. according to some guildy theres a SB around called: Gotnnls ?¿
Who the heck is that :D

Dunno mate but I am the enchanter who came across your Vampiir today together with my bot and gave you haste + AF buffs :p

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Dunno mate but I am the enchanter who came across your Vampiir today together with my bot and gave you haste + AF buffs :p
Ah cool, yeah there @ Domann when i did some epic quests :> didnt need them for long tho. since after that quest i had to go to classic zones :)

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
From what ive seen and read and spoken to warlock players about it would imo seem that warlocks are being made by pretty much most players with a lvl50.
Once at lvl50 most warlocks will be left in our frontier and when some1 decides to try for the relics they will face an army of warlocks on the walls with their greater spell rng just blasting anything that comes withing rng.
This appears to be whats going to be their use so far from the chats ive had so not that bad really if they only do a 1 shot 1 kill effect in rvr as when theres 90 of them on the keep walls ;) you get the picture :eek7:

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
Balthus said:
From what ive seen and read and spoken to warlock players about it would imo seem that warlocks are being made by pretty much most players with a lvl50.
Once at lvl50 most warlocks will be left in our frontier and when some1 decides to try for the relics they will face an army of warlocks on the walls with their greater spell rng just blasting anything that comes withing rng.
This appears to be whats going to be their use so far from the chats ive had so not that bad really if they only do a 1 shot 1 kill effect in rvr as when theres 90 of them on the keep walls ;) you get the picture :eek7:

hehe - sounds very boring imo

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly what the hell did you expect??? Ofc. there will be a lot of the new classes in Thid, that is only totally natural.
Everyone wanna play the new classes. Get over it. it will turn normal again. :)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Honestly what the hell did you expect??? Ofc. there will be a lot of the new classes in Thid, that is only totally natural.
i already dont like the heretics..
had a nice 1vs1 fight with a merc.. a heretic drops by and heals it back to 100% in notime :D
But yeah they do hurt (not in a 1vs1 tho)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:

I agree - soon as I get Cata wanna try some out, not a great luver of mage types so will try Heretic on Excal and a Vamp on Pryd - Luri ofc :) - Vamps look cool and so far are the only new class my mincer has had problems with - Warlocks are a pain but aslong as your not there primary target are just another cloth wearing fool who you can chop up once they wasted a qc on someone else - if you are their primary target though its gonna hurt :p

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Logged in with my wizzie to check it out, think its not that bad with warlocks atm. I luv the Vampiir fly in the air thingy :)

Was like " whoaaaa" in the beginning. Almost tempted to make one myself..

Outlander

Part of the furniture
well so far Im loving it with my new vamp Uppyr, can 1vs1 np and solo duos/trios usually, and great fun when duoing with another vamp. Not really taken by heretics there machine gun bolt spell thing seems to do very little, warlocks are a pain but at thid level arent really to hard to deal with at all as their damage OPness hasnt set in yet dont find them much harder to deal with than other chars. Still find theurgists/cabbys the most pain damn chain stunning/snaring grrrr :touch:

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
Frozensolid said:
So who else is bored already by the warlock zerg in thid ? :p Seemed to be 1/2 of the mid population today :eek7:

ofc theres goin to be a lot of warlocks about, mid dont have as many casters as alb/hib so when we get an apparently OP caster (which i agree are for the first few seconds then were screwed!) ur gonna get a lot. unfair to moan about it tho.
insta death FTW :fluffle:

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
havent fought a Warlock at highlevel, but it seems to me, warlocks worst enemy would be a friar... Resist buffs, cure poison.... But stop turning me into a frog damit!

Havent really found heretic to be any problem ... yes they do insane damage in BG1 if they have time to let the machine-gun flamethrower thingy go nuts, often just easier to run oos or interupt them. They really need time to build up the damage ... I cant really see where they fit in a RvR group more than friars... They cant tank aswell as armsman, reavers, paladins, They dont heal as good as clerics, and they dont do as much damage as Wizards/Sorces
Quote from some CS dude: Spraying is for n00bs. (to use fully automatic weapondry and just hold down the trigger I guess)

Vampiir is good in thid, only due to their Health over Time, and no need for a BB... Their melee damage isnt impressive, and vs a target with pbt, evade or shield they wont hit much and thereby not gain power to use his spells. Tho they seem like a fun class.

Bainshee doesnt seem much different to me than most other casters, nothing special about them really. new spells and new gfx, but basicly the same as all the others if you ask me.

Valkyrie .. sure give the melee-realm another gimped hybrid, just what they need... Also seems like a pretty fun class, but far from equal to many of the old, not to mention the new classes RvR-wise... they are sexy tho :>

/Jaydric - The Yellow n Black celt

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just had a 1vs1 on my valkyrie vs a vamp :) was a close fight but i had my pb chant up and although the vamp healed themselves my weapons double proced valky proc + spirit proc can be pretty nasty.

and what the crap is wrong with minstrels mezz then insta stun its anoying although pasted him into the floor as well.

valks are fun i can see why people call them gimp thought because tbh who wants to play a tank that can provide a melee proc that goes off all the time as well as a insta aoe snare and insta aoe dd that interupts casters.

Valks are fun if you give them time people have just gone o way thane ill roll a lock instead. Valks arnt thanes :)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
From what i saw in BG's, the classes are all relatively balanced. 'Locks are clearly the most dangerous class, but as has been said before, they are a one-trick pony, after their chambers they're dead. Most stressing thing is when they port out of CK, blast ya with that dot and then port straight back in, pretty difficult to kill 'em, and although the dot would never kill me in one go, they'd pop back out before i had a chance to regen properly (gifv more clerics).

Valks, vamp's and bainshee's i never really paid much attention too, they are just another enemy to kill, seemed to be about average.

Heretics seem pretty useless damage-wise, like the opposite of warlocks, the longer a heretic hits for, the higher his damage gets, but way too easily interrupted, and damage-buildup is too slow for rvr. I like to see 'em around for the baseline heals and rez though, but i'm just as happy to see a friar tbh, and i'd be happier if the 'tics all rolled clerics :)

All in all, new classes have made very little difference to my thid experience :)

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Was running botted with my ns few days ago.
I know he has 0 % matter.. but still..
A warlock insta dotted me. Ticked 120 dmg 1st tick... then 7 times 72 dmg. And i'm dead due one insta.. cmon :eek7:

Warlock party at thid :p best way to insta die is here :)

Attachments

• warlocks.JPG
    warlocks.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 50

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Cats Classes

Here is my take on the Cata classes after playing my Luri Vamp in Thid for bout 4 hours.

Warlock - Anoying as hell in general, dont really frontload enough to kill you instantly but enough to put you on the defensive. A few of these attacking CK is real irritating for defenders.

Heretec - beat both melee and caster spec without any problems at all. Im sure this is not the case at 50 but in thid it sure is...

Vamp - Only class I struggle with as a vamp is a zerker (im normally dead in 15 secs) in vendo or a crush merc, all the rest are a walk in the park. I played a skald in mid who are good thid fighters, its funny to watch them run from my vamp :)

Valk - Ran into 1 solo Valk and lost but I was rez sick at the time and it was a close thing. Fairly easy fight otherwise I imagine.

Fiendish - 24 Vamp

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
heretics are like vampiirs in that they're always buffed... :)

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:

Agreed, give it a few weeks or till patch 1.75 kicks in and things will normalise again.

Bloodclot

Banned
Frozensolid said:
Was running botted with my ns few days ago.
I know he has 0 % matter.. but still..
A warlock insta dotted me. Ticked 120 dmg 1st tick... then 7 times 72 dmg. And i'm dead due one insta.. cmon :eek7:

Warlock party at thid :p best way to insta die is here :)

the 120 was the primairy DD.

Loading up chamber....loading in primairy spell (DD), loading DoT.

abracadabra etc... you have a instant chamber with a DD+dot.
chambers have 2spells. you also could only have the DD in it, but thats not effective:>

higher lvl at the 3th chamber you can put a bolt in it.
so bolt+lifetap(or dot). 1875 range :>. but at the 3chamber spec you can't put the highest delve spells in it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
they made warlocks for skilled people who have grown bored of their savages and bonedancers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom