So when do we get our realm war?

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
NA have had the one up on the site before the game even went live, the game is 2 weeks into release and no sign of it on the EU site yet. What the hold up GOA?

:/

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
GOA won't give us an ETA, they won't give us a reason and they won't even tell us how many people they have working on it.

I think we have to assume it will be the same as DaoC. They have nobody working on it and they don't actually care.

The solution is to not whine about it here but post feedback directly to Mythic. They got involved when GOA screwed up the Open Beta lets hope they get involved again.

WAR feedback

Mythic feedback

Leave a comment with Mark Jacobs

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been looking at the realm war on the US site and its great, i wish we had somthing like that but the only thing close to it we have is made by a site not even connected to GOA and that curse.

I gave GOA the benifit of the doubt when they say we would get the same treatment as the US would, and i believed them ignoring ALOT of what other people was saying at the time. Now im starting to believe the flamers.

(i know its a tiny thing, not even part of the actual game, but it was sumit i was really looking forward to, being able to see what my server was like and what was controlled by who even when im at work and not playing, but im having to look at other websites to get what GOA said they would give us)

/rant over

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ive been looking at the realm war on the US site and its great, i wish we had somthing like that but the only thing close to it we have is made by a site not even connected to GOA and that curse.

Tbh I dont like the US one it's annoying to navigate around, I hope if GOA ever do give us a realm war page it would be like daoc herald (not the shitty flash version they tried to give us). The US war herald isnt working propperly at the moment either, it doesnt update anyone that wasnt in beta apparently or the servers that were made at headstart

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
as soon as they get the daoc one working they will get started on the one for war

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yay get them to spend loads of time making a website for people to toss off over when they claim a keep!!!!

I would rather they spent time on fixing the little issues the game has at th moment thanks.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Yay get them to spend loads of time making a website for people to toss off over when they claim a keep!!!!

I would rather they spent time on fixing the little issues the game has at th moment thanks.

Thing is they arnt, Thats mythics job, then they send it to GOA to be patched to our servers...

pez

Can't get enough of FH

Why do you think it should be an either/or situation? Is it really too much to ask for both?

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Correct me if im wrong, after the debacle of DAOC Mythic vs GOA service, didnt GOA say they would provide a service equal to if not better than Mythic for Europeans?

If I am correct, could any1 explain how this is anything but crap vs the Mythic offering.

If GOA sugested they would get a site working inside a few weeks (the game is new afterall) im sure most people including myself would be most satisfied with that, but understand this GOA. All we see right NOW, is Mythic offering Service and GOA....NOT offering service.

This issue itself isnt of huge concern. What IS of HUGE concern is if this is the manner we can generally be expected to be treated throughout our intentional WAR custom.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
People still believing in Goa doing anything within their timetable (they even know themselves; Magnus gave a timetable on the forums just to correct himself 10 minutes later with "sometime next week" and never saying a word about it again) doesn't stop to amaze me (now pls the Goa fanboys take a look in the mirror and stfu thx).
Be happy that we got a somewhat "stable" platform to play upon (fix the damn Servers helding Scenarios tho pls, it's getting ridicolous).

Edit: Oh an ETA :p

And for the record; it takes two to tango. GOA and Mythic are working together to bring Realm WAR to European players. It's not a trivial system to implement and there are challenges involved which go far beyond the cosmetics of flash vs html.

-Magnus

You wanna tell me that YET again the system isn't internationalized and they give you the code and you translate the things CABLED in code?

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
The European Realm WAR pages are on their way. We were hoping to implement them last week but this was postponed. I don't have a precise ETA, but I'd guess within the first few days next week.

When Realm WAR is introduced in Europe, we will feature Character Search, Guild Search and Leader Boards. Server status pages will come, but will not be included in the first implementation.

And for the record; it takes two to tango. GOA and Mythic are working together to bring Realm WAR to European players. It's not a trivial system to implement and there are challenges involved which go far beyond the cosmetics of flash vs html.

-Magnus

Soazak

Part of the furniture
When Realm WAR is introduced in Europe, we will feature Character Search, Guild Search and Leader Boards. Server status pages will come, but will not be included in the first implementation.

-Magnus

Burning question though, is it going to be in flash? :)

And will the XML be available to players?

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
For god sake guys cant we stop these snide remarks at every little thing, i'am sure its not helpfull in the long run.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
For god sake guys cant we stop these snide remarks at every little thing, i'am sure its not helpfull in the long run.

Snide remarks? Sorry if i don't like the idea that when we get the feature, every other patch it gets broken (like it did in Daoc) and the refrain of "it isn't a simple thing" we already heard in the past, guess when? At Daoc times.
In fact the Community driven "Daoc Heralds" were more stable than the Goa one, go figure.
I'd expect the system to be up to date with modern technologies, ie a web service exposing data to whatever system wants to elaborate em.
That would mean, no particular headaches for an half skilled developer.

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
Snide remarks? Sorry if i don't like the idea that when we get the feature, every other patch it gets broken (like it did in Daoc) and the refrain of "it isn't a simple thing" we already heard in the past, guess when? At Daoc times.
In fact the Community driven "Daoc Heralds" were more stable than the Goa one, go figure.
I'd expect the system to be up to date with modern technologies, ie a web service exposing data to whatever system wants to elaborate em.
That would mean, no particular headaches for an half skilled developer.

I'am all for lively debate but some of the comments are clearly not adding to it are they.....just have a look back in past comments on this thread and others.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I'am all for lively debate but some of the comments are clearly not adding to it are they.....just have a look back in past comments on this thread and others.

This is clearly a thread for people to voice their dissatisfaction with an aspect of the service European Consumers are receiving, whatever made you think it would contain lively debate?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>

-Magnus

Weren't the game's supposed to be carbon copies of each other? Which means the method Mythic uses to extract information from the game, should be directly transferable to GOA?
Or are there now differences between the versions we run and they run?

And will we get an XML feed - or perhaps a web service - we can make queries against, so we can make our own realm war pages for example for guild sites?

As for the triviality of implementing such systems, well - perhaps.... depends on many factors, but if the database design is documented and data-mining was thought into the process, it should however be relative simple, and the largest problem would be the web site itself. (just give me access to the DB's and I'll extract data on my own :D)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
If daoc was anything to go by don't expect the realm war pages to be up longer than a week at a time.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
1. Weren't the game's supposed to be carbon copies of each other? Which means the method Mythic uses to extract information from the game, should be directly transferable to GOA?
Or are there now differences between the versions we run and they run?

2. And will we get an XML feed - or perhaps a web service - we can make queries against, so we can make our own realm war pages for example for guild sites?
1. What I meant was that implementing the online Realm WAR feature is not a trivial task. Clearly, the game versions are and will remain the same. We will always attempt to patch the European servers simultaniously with the US when possible, but as you've seen recently we've often done so the morning after. A main reason behind this is the simple that there's a six hour time difference between us and Mythic.

2. I don't know, but I'll try finding out!

-Magnus

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus,

with all due respect, Mythic has their side up and all it would take if the game is identical is ask them kindly to let you use the same code / web page and put it on one of the servers the french telecom owns and off we go.

I like that GOA has improved to when we left DAoC, which most likely is due to the great effort you and Ian put in personally, but still there are miles between what we get for our bugs and what the US deliveres to their customers.

1. still no propper customer service page working
2. need several email accounts to register a families games, instead of a master account that registers all
3. no war pages up

I could go on, but that be petty, it would be great if you guys have a look as you easily can come to the same conclusions, generate a list, address it in one of your management meetings and let us know when you will be catching up to the rest of the industry, not even Mythic for that matter.

Have a look at Codemasters, Sony etc, they all manage far superior account management then GOA.

If I were part of your company it would be personal proud to work to make our company as good as anybody else.

This is not a flame just my 2cc when reading here and following what we got for our money since open beta.

Kind regards

Urrunoa

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
09/29 15:00 CEST - Realm WAR pages: delayed

so what they saying is Goa didnt have time to code a realm war page at launch or to a similar time frame as Mythic.....

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
2. I don't know, but I'll try finding out!
Would be interesting to know. As much as you want to use Flash to provide contents, HTML is still way more accessible (read: can zoom/dezoom fonts, print, save pages for offline browsing, accessing them from non-Flash devices like mobile phones, etc) and while I find really unsatisfactory, from a customer perspective, that I have to resort to third party websites to get those information, I'll take fan websites anytime if that gives me what I want.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
And for the record; it takes two to tango.

-Magnus

Maybe let Mythic lead then? a quick question... why is it Goa keep using flash when you guys have such a hard time to get it working? ws the same thing with Daoc as well... everything Goa vise took ages while mythic used "plain" html and it worked just fine?

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe let Mythic lead then? a quick question... why is it Goa keep using flash when you guys have such a hard time to get it working? ws the same thing with Daoc as well... everything Goa vise took ages while mythic used "plain" html and it worked just fine?

:iagree::clap::cheers::worthy:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
So .... when do we get our realm war?
Still no ETA is looking more and more like you (GOA) wont give us a realm war this year?
Come now - even with a time delay between EU and USA, some of us still manage to work together and communicate across the pond - also for programming/development.
Or do you not have resources to make the page? - Then just give the XML feed/webservice to the fan base, and I can guarantee you a page is up with in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom