So what your plan?

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Whats with the ae stun argument over and over???

Its NF if you havent noticed! Even archers have access to determination these days and the odd player has decent if not capped resists. If an ae stun stops an enemy for 2 seconds then you can consider that a good one.
But dont forget the 1 minute stun-imunity after that!

These days the baseline stun that all Hib casters have is faaaar more deadly than that silly ae stun. When defending vs Hibs your life is in serious danger as soon as they have LOS on you. The odd Hib caster takes you down easily before the baseline stun wears off.
So in other words, 9 second single target stun is lethal and lasts forever, but 9 second AoE stun is useless and lasts 2 seconds if you're lucky?

Well that's enlightening.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If the bd bug still works you shouldn't moan about reavers to be honest. xD

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Sparrow said:
So in other words, 9 second single target stun is lethal and lasts forever, but 9 second AoE stun is useless and lasts 2 seconds if you're lucky?

Well that's enlightening.

Radius Falloff? Also noone actually has the 9sec, 350 radius stun because noone specs that high in pac.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
VidX said:
Yes actually, cause a decently played SM will be hard to hit in melee, will use moc and purge, kill the caster if there is one, kill the bard, then any melee classes.

Been there, done it with 'chanter vs 3+ enemies who didn't play well.

Knowledge of class + paying attention > numbers to an extent.

Thing is... I suck as a SM :p

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Necroscope said:
You have to remember something Aldrick , all mids arent rr8+ and run in opted group's.

And when all rvr GGs are more or less gone from mid/pryd the casual players suffer. And probably vice versa for the rvr's.

You think we magically became rr8+ and happened to find ourselves in opted groups withouth even trying? Also we are running with 2 rr5 healers and i made my bd after toa and ran from rr1 in group so hardly a rr8+ group.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
If the bd bug still works you shouldn't moan about reavers to be honest. xD

There aint any bug i know of atleast and if there where and i used it i bet ya albs would be whining their asses off like usual.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well there is/was, i do not know if it got fixed now and i do not care either since the game is pretty stupid(i think reaver bomb is totally ridiculously strong too) in it's current state but it would make anyone whine really not just albs but there would be the odd mids who will not realise how good it is i bet ya.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
It's funny how these threads always end up going over the same arguments about what classes or abilities are good or bad and who has been hit the hardest in NF. Not sure anyone is ever going to accept any arguments but I guess it makes for amusing reading.

As far as albs hitting mid towers etc goes well if there are rps to be had for there is some sense to it. However it does seem to me that albs have been hitting hib pretty hard recently. The thing with hibbies is that we seem to generally react well and react together. Things are probably not ideal but to an extent organisation and determination have made a difference <holds breath waiting for the same old shroom argument to come out>.

Hibbies have also been taking a few alb towers recently and trying hard to knock on the door of the keeps. Again we find albs react quite fast to this so the action may not last long but it does at least make a nice change to be on the offensive.

I have seen a few mid groups trying this, trouble is it does seem they get wiped and all give up rather than pick another tower and try again. This kind of action does pick up some rps and also gets the players some experience so whilst a wipe out is disappointing there are some positives to take away. Funny thing is I think that albs and hibs hitting each other a lot has meant the two sides have developed some interesting tactics - in fact we have stolen a few from each other.

So whilst I would sympathise over any numbers issues, class issues, range issues, ability issues or pressure issues mids feel they have, I also find myself disappointed that they do not show a little more determination. I was kind of hoping the mid quiet period was one where they were re-grouping and re-organising themselves, I think both albs and hibbies would welcome them back - sadly I get the feeling from the posts here that mids are not going to be too active too soon.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
So whilst I would sympathise over any numbers issues, class issues, range issues, ability issues or pressure issues mids feel they have, I also find myself disappointed that they do not show a little more determination. I was kind of hoping the mid quiet period was one where they were re-grouping and re-organising themselves, I think both albs and hibbies would welcome them back - sadly I get the feeling from the posts here that mids are not going to be too active too soon.

Sadly that feeling is right. Many of those who I'd call powerplayers and who have been the driving force to our realm have been leaving during the last months.
The spirit is low and the well known problems we suffer from atm dont make it easier.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:

My disappointment is that they don't seem to show many signs of wanting to help themselves. When Albs attack Hibs or vice versa mids join in, instead of trying to open up something for themselves.

For example when Albs attack Behnn there is inevitably a number of mids around trying to leech RPs from the fight, instead of thinking this is a good time to take a keep from either Hib or Alb. Alb lost their Str relic due to the fact that Mids made a nuisance of themselves at the right time in the right place. Even if you aren't the most effective realm at the moment your actions can (and have) determined a lot about where the relics rest.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
xxManiacxx said:
Thing is... I suck as a SM :p
And I suck as a Chanter ;)

Well, considering I have played my 'chanter for a total of 260+ days, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has played their class more, experience counts and knowing the effects of spells etc.

One thing though, it'll take a while to adjust to the DPS debuff not interupting next patch, be harder to solo as a 'chanter then :(

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Radius Falloff? Also noone actually has the 9sec, 350 radius stun because noone specs that high in pac.
I've played a healer for longer than you have - and unlike you I know what I'm talking about.

The 9 sec AoE stun is at 32 pac - you mean noone specs over 32 pac? There's no 40 mend/36 pac healers around?

Try again.

As for falloff -
At the very edge of the radius the duration is halved. That's 4.5 sec. If you're unlucky your target has warden resists (not likely in a keep situation) and 26% body on armor (more likely). That's 2.25 secs - that's almost the worst case situation.
The actual worst case would be to add Stoicism in. That drops it to 1.68 seconds.

So, if you hit a Stoicism tank with capped resists and a red warden resist buff standing at the utter edge of the radius, it won't last long.

But then again, neither will Hib baseline stun in a similar situation.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
4 button fyi~

besides bomb dosent work in fg vs fg, not without perfect mezz which rarely happens.

tbh bomb works perfectly ok in fg v fg...maybe you wont instakill without getting a nice stacked mez but the amount of interrupts should make it an easy victory unless you get severely outskilled :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
tbh bomb works perfectly ok in fg v fg...maybe you wont instakill without getting a nice stacked mez but the amount of interrupts should make it an easy victory unless you get severely outskilled :p

true but im just saying u cant insta kill em ;) just spread out the twf etc

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
tis mids fault not someone elses
mid rvr grps cba with the game anymore now its all keep stuff, and the randoms that desperatly wanted us self serving leeches gone from the game seem to be getting on very well without someone to kill their enemys for them :m00:

and as for class issues, if you want to get farmed at keeps yes
noone wanted to get farmed at keeps pre nf, so why do they now?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Sparrow said:
I've played a healer for longer than you have - and unlike you I know what I'm talking about.
Careful here. :D My Healer is as old as the game.

The 9 sec AoE stun is at 32 pac - you mean noone specs over 32 pac? There's no 40 mend/36 pac healers around?
You are right. I was wrong. Have been mend/aug for the last 2 years.

... But then again, neither will Hib baseline stun in a similar situation.
Correct. However a healer cant deal damage after a stun while all your casters can.

Thats not the point however.

The point is that the times when ae stun gave Midgard a major advantage over the other realms are long gone. Its effect is now diminished and its by no means a fight-winner.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
true but im just saying u cant insta kill em ;) just spread out the twf etc

not being able to instakill isn't really a viable argument against the overpoweredness tho :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
They lost. :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom