so... trophies then

O

old.Wildfire

As I understand it, in 1.63 certain named mobs will drop some kind of taxidermy item, which can then be taken to an alchemist and turned into a trophy for placement in a house.

I've asked people in advance with regards to preclaiming and I'll do so again. Would there be any serious objections* to my preclaiming the taxidermy thing from the first golestandt and xanxicar raids that I organise post-1.63 please? I'll undoubtably do plenty of normal dragon raids as before, but I'd really like to get xanxicar's head to hang over my fireplace.

*expecting a bunch of sarcastic and/or procrastinating posts in response, so in advance... dont bother :rolleyes:

C

~Clarky~

imo.

if you can be arsed to set up things such as the Xanicar and Dragon raid , why not claim them if your gonna still continue more raids in the future ?

F

Feac_

not a 100% but i think you will find u also need a SC'er to make a gem so the head can be mounted uses diamond seals which you need to have cleaned then combined this new gem comes in at 1009 skill in SC so means when we get that patch i wont be max SC :/

will see if i can dig up the notes on it or i am sure Pin will post soon :D

Edit: got a feeling what i said earlier is for the dragon head to be mounted

H

Hit ^_^

lotto em for all.
but then again as you being the leader and all.
preclaming on first raid (if u dont claim anything else) might be the right thing to do.

B

bracken_woodman

It's your raid, so set the rules (including any preclaiming) beforehand then any who object need not attend.

D

Draylor

Dragon: Fine, youve done a few - doesnt mean Id like to see a mass of "new" leaders suddenly pre-claiming dragon heads though.

Xanxicar: The only worthwhile drop is going to be his head. We had 200+ people turn up on Sunday to see it done for the first time - but how many would come to do it again knowing there would be no reward? Not enough I expect.

But 1.64A patch notes show increased loot for Xanxicar, so that problem may be solved given a little time :)

O

old.Wildfire

The problem with xanxicar is as you say. Maybe 1.64 will be the next opportunity to go again.

K

Kagato.

Contemplates a Seeaira trophy in the corner of the house

K

Keogh

Ban hunting I say. It's cruel and only done by inbred landowners and their familys. Poor foxes. :D

F

Flimgoblin

Trophies are the only thing I see fair to preclaim.

They're something to say "I killed that", and if anyone can say they've killed a dragon it's the raid organiser.

V

villageidiot

i thought that was the idea, the leader got em.

be a bit shitty for any tom dick or harry to get it just cos he /stuck and went afk for an hou

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Kagato.
Contemplates a Seeaira trophy in the corner of the house
Wanting to hack off a bit of poor Seeaira and have it stuffed and mounted in your house is just wrong, imo... You should be ashamed of yourself! :twak:

A

acei

I don't think i'd mind people claiming this type of item, as it's only use is as a show-piece and considering you set-up the raid i don't see why you can't show it off tbh :)

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
*expecting a bunch of sarcastic and/or procrastinating posts in response, so in advance... dont bother :rolleyes:

Wtf does 'taxidermy' mean?

O

old.Ramas

I think preclaiming of trophies is fine.

Espeicially when you've run an assload of successful raids and you ask nicely.

B

Bilf

tax·i·der·my ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tks-dûrm)
n.
The art or operation of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of dead animals for exhibition in a lifelike state. :D

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Bilf
tax·i·der·my ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tks-dûrm)
n.
The art or operation of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of dead animals for exhibition in a lifelike state. :D
cool, thx ;)

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Trophies are the only thing I see fair to preclaim.

They're something to say "I killed that", and if anyone can say they've killed a dragon it's the raid organiser.

What he said...

On another note i dont think HB is gonna support any 1 time raiders anymore than we are today... But seeing you WF are one of the persons who have done alot for albion allready (raid wise), im sure HB will help you get one of your trophy's...

It all depends on the circumstanses...

S

skile

I'm OK with it :).

However, if u want to be a great man, lotto it between the guilds.
Without them you would never have killed anything anyways :p.

S

samildanachh

trophy's shuld go to the leaders definately, like village by said its lame having sum random joe get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom