So old emain is coming back to official servers!!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh as Bracken said - its Rose tinted glasses when it comes to OF - it had as many faults as NF - NF I think has potential but yeah it does get bogged down now and then but OF was just run, milegate camp/break through milegate camp, run up same valley x 5 , back to milegate, rinse n repeat most night - same as NF has its routines now - people get comfy with what/where they know and tend to stick to it.

I think the variety of NF in its keeps n towers n sieges etc is far better than OF, I don't mind this idea of the new bg with OF style as it will be pretty decent to swap between the 2 styles but I really don't think NF will empty out just because of a new BG - toooo many lvl 50 toons that people won't just abandon for the sake of playing a lvl 49 bg.. I think it will probably be popular at times but I don't think it will empty NF or anything near that. The only problem it has potentially is to diversify the players yet again after bringing us together on the cluster they split the base with Glastonbury and now the base on the cluster will be split internally on the rvr front between the new OF bg and NF - which will no doubt lead to more whines of some kind about the server dying etc.. best to not bring it in in some respects but if it freshens the game up a lil for a lot of people then I am cool with it - just leave NF as is/tweak it slightly don't remove it altogether imo.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Tbh as Bracken said - its Rose tinted glasses when it comes to OF - it had as many faults as NF - NF I think has potential but yeah it does get bogged down now and then but OF was just run, milegate camp/break through milegate camp, run up same valley x 5 , back to milegate, rinse n repeat most night - same as NF has its routines now - people get comfy with what/where they know and tend to stick to it.

Rose tinted spectacles or not it doesn't change the fact that pushing up the valley somehow felt more rewarding then standing on a bridge not moving anywhere. There was a sense of pushing the enemy back making it much more like an actual war, rather than the duck shoot the game currently feels like.
When was the last time in NF that you actually felt like you were invading the enemy frontier, as opposed to just farming your next realm point?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
When was the last time in NF that you actually felt like you were invading the enemy frontier, as opposed to just farming your next realm point?

Yeah because farming the zergs at AMG/MMG felt so much like "invading the enemy realm".
Also in OF there was much less keep taking action (if you don't count the stealthers who could kill the lord before even hitting 1 door) atleast on Prydwen.
Most of the time there were FGs running off APK and Ligen (didn't play Mid but probably the same there) and they went to "farm" RPs just like now in NF.
The only differance was that "randoms" didn't have no place to go to get away from the OP high RR groups which in their turn could happely farm them all day and now their RPs can walk towards a tower/bridge/safe area and the QQ starts.

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Rose tinted spectacles or not it doesn't change the fact that pushing up the valley somehow felt more rewarding then standing on a bridge not moving anywhere. There was a sense of pushing the enemy back making it much more like an actual war, rather than the duck shoot the game currently feels like.

I agree it was great pushing the albs back up crim valley through the amg, was like pushing the invading army back where they came from, usually zoyster and co.

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Why on earth are people whining to get OF back?

So the zerg moves from the three bridges to the Milegates instead? Yada... big difference, except you now can effectively lock a realm out of the area by holding the Milegates (as actually did happen in OF).

I think those whining to get OF back should think a little harder instead of forgetting the bad things about OF.

i still remember the 30 bds 20 sms who camped amg before nf
not to mention the 50 + odd shroom field the hibs used to lay just behind the doors so u couldnt see them as u walk thru, NF needs fixing yes, OF was fun yes( but in so many more ways annoying that in NF imo) ... feel free to flame i dont give a shit :) :flame:

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
i have same feeling really, fightin in OF was a "full" experience, you were part of the whole thing.. NF is just moving around in public area, get a small fight.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom