Film So...Kahn Then?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Havenae got Quicktime installed ;)

But Kahn. Why bother? Ricardo Montalban's the man. No other.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
young kahn! teen-trek! girls in tight dresses with their ankles showing!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
young kahn! teen-trek! girls in tight dresses with their ankles showing!

Wonder how they'll bring that huge "oh no kirk kissed a black woman!" controversy into this. Kirk goes gay?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This looks really good!

Hopefully they cut down on the lens flare effects in this film

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sure looks like Khan to me (as in attire, mess with the colours a bit...)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn't really matter what he's called.

Too much action given away in trailers nowadays. They should be visually interesting but hold back the information if possible. Maybe I just see to much but I reckon:
at some point the enterprise pitches into the water (looks like near federation HQ) but it survives and gets back out again

Yes. I know the shots are simply shown out of order. But why show that at all? There's not going to be much story anyway :)

Still. I'll be a paying customer.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Fuck Apple. Fuck Quicktime. Click the little arrow to the right of "Watch Now" to get download options.

Downloading the 720p mov atm which will play in XBMC without a problem. This is just so I can see it.
This looks really good!

Hopefully they cut down on the lens flare effects in this film
It's J.J.Abrams "Bad Robot" production. Lens flare and blue lights come with the territory sorry.

So you get an extra scene where a hand tries to touch another through glass, like at the end of ST:WoK. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Kryten

Old Cow.
Yes, the ribbed collared jacket you mean?

Indeed, and mannerisms slightly. Then there's all the rumour/talk (although it'll remain rumour until someone's actually seen it no doubt) about Spock being killed off at the end of it. Including some amusing "omg how can they possibly kill off Spock?"

"Have you never seen the Star Trek movies?"
"OMG I've seen all of them 13 times!"
"OK, what happens at the end of Khan?"
"errrrr....."

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My wife has gone from "I'm not watching fucking Star Trek you geek" to "Can we go and see this at the cinema?" after talking her into seeing the last one.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
My lass is still at the first stage, absolutely nothing will convince her to even consider watching the first one with me.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
in every trailer it looks like Benedict steals the show. Great actor and the films looks awesome.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My wife has gone from "I'm not watching fucking Star Trek you geek" to "Can we go and see this at the cinema?" after talking her into seeing the last one.
It's because it's not really "Star Trek" any more. It's just a pretty action flick.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's because it's not really "Star Trek" any more. It's just a pretty action flick.

Why? Because it looks like they live in a giant iPod? I don't buy the "its not Trek" argument at all. Five different TV series' and previous movies throw that argument out of the window because they all did their own Trek.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I quite like it really, it feels a little more grown up.

I would actually love to see a new series with a similar feel to it, not that abortion that was Enterprise (the one with the Brian Adams theme song)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh... or is it one of the others... *goes to check*

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I quite like it really, it feels a little more grown up.

I would actually love to see a new series with a similar feel to it, not that abortion that was Enterprise (the one with the Brian Adams theme song)

Yes please, give a new series and not some American soap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom