So I tried Frontiers...

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
:mad: Unless your an archer or minstrel you get screwed over.

After playing my SB on pendragon for 3 days now ive decided its not worth the hassle. I can spend hours wondering around looking for other stealthers to hunt. Or stick to normal spots and get shot by archers, nuked to death by casters or totally splatted by tanks.

Vanish is bugged still. It breaks super stealth if a caster was casting a spell on you when used the ability and DoTs/Bleeds break super stealth also. Pets loose aggro when you use vanish but as soon as the ability wears out they reaggro you and you get owned.

Alot of things need fixing first, but generally i think life as an assassin will be nothing like it is now. Get used to die'ing lots.

you know Kev? can you ask him if he want to advertize in the BT phone book?

emma

Loyal Freddie
Falcon said:
Being a rogue is fine still, no problems with either my NS or my archer. It's easier to play an archer than it was before because you can avoid overpowered assassins with TS hence why half the assassins are whining, because they've lost their free rps. There was still tons to kill with my NS though, camping bridges was good and also camping towers, killing people running from keeps to towers made for real good rps as my NS. Only real nerf to assassins is the apparent lack of climb points, maybe I haven't found them yet, maybe they're not implemented, no idea either way, overall though assassins have come off okay, viper3 is the dogs wracking up around 700dmg per lifebane application on 26% body resists roughly. Apply lifebane twice in a fight with viper3 and that's 1.4k damage right there. I found even if an archer used TS3 to find me I'd still win hands down due to viper3. Overall the assassin archer thing is balanced by TS3 - archers don't have to be free rps to assassins anymore but if an archer does try it on the assassin still has every chance of wining the fight. It's a good thing overall because it means all the cry-baby re-roll assassins who lived on the fact they were playing easy mode will leave, all the good assassins can do just as well as they always did and with the assassin population being as overgrown as it is right now, that can only be a good thing.

Last night Albs had Crauchon, they'd done an AM raid for it and Frontiers is SO damn fun when you have a foothold in the enemy realm, or in this case, the enemy has a foothold in your realm, so if the whole beachhead problem is fixed then Frontiers will REALLY rock. Seiging Crauchon last night was some of the most fun RvR I've had in DAoC.
Guess its not bad for a NS, but then your the only class with an inbuilt archer interupt system ;p ie your DD ;p

emma

Loyal Freddie
Balbor said:
you know Kev? can you ask him if he want to advertize in the BT phone book?
Should hope so, he`s my flat m8 ;p

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:
What happened to siege engines on boats? I thought I read that somewhere.

Easy way to stop the beach head zergs is to have big ships that are pretty slow but that come with prebuilt trebuchets, mangonels and ballista. Couple of them bombard the beach area, while the brave attackers pile in on fast attack ships and get a foothold.

I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before :D

This could be mythics way of solving the coast camping problem - and i guess it sounds like great fun! Like omaha beach in WWii :p

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Should hope so, he`s my flat m8 ;p

yeah he use to be mine, at least you don't have to worry about him asking you to log on and rez him

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
XeffoInfil said:
This could be mythics way of solving the coast camping problem - and i guess it sounds like great fun! Like omaha beach in WWii :p

i don't think omaha beach was fun :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom