So i have this stupid problem with my 360 controller...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's working flawlessly in steams "full screen mode" and nowhere else (using win 7 x64)....

The fuck is going on?

Anyone know and can help?

It worked fine a week ago, then i reinstalled carmageddon reincarnated to see if they had actually done anything to the appalling performance issues (they have not by the way) and it didn't work then. And neither on any other game i have that has controller support.

In carmageddon it's supposed to change from keyboard to controller simply by me starting to press buttons/keys, and when i try to use the controller everything changes to reflect it (like B button for back and stuff appear instead of esc, enter etc etc) but nothing actually happens..

And the fact that it works in steams full screen mode indicates that there's nothing wrong with the controller, so what the hell is going on? :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Using microsofts drivers.

and thanks, will try that link.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I use a USB wired Xbone controller without issue.
Just wondering about getting one of these for fighting, driving and footie games. Was gonna get the wireless one as Windows 10 will support them. I presume that you can still plug a USB cable into one of these and use it wired like yours tho?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok. Don't answer that. I stopped being lazy, googled and then bought one ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
FYI you can use a PS4 pad too with a little fiddling.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
FYI you can use a PS4 pad too with a little fiddling.
I had thought that, but with native support coming I figured I may as well go the xbone route...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nope, that didn't work..

I'm seriously clueless here.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So ok, looking under control panel i seem to have two controllers on the list, but i only own one. One of them is fine when i go under the test tab, under the other one nothing happens.

Is there a way i can deactivate that one? Because i'm fairly sure that's the problem i'm having but i can't find a way to delete it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Finally got it to work. had to completely uninstall everything related to the controller and then install the drivers again..

/edit: and i start carmageddon and it stops working again..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol, i posted about it on the games steam forum and the devs nuked it.......

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no, it's "damage control". Basically they don't want people to see it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah soooooo, turns out they didn't actually delete the thread. I just didn't look far enough down on the topics list...

I need to stop embarrassing myself like this.... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom