So i got terminated on Camlann...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Look, I`ve flamed GoA a lot in the past. No, I don´t "trust" GoA and if you care to read my posts, you might even spot that.
But if there´s one thing I really can´t stand, then it´s people who don´t have a clue what the heck they´re talking about and who still claim to be a big fish in the pond, explaining everything they (think) they know.
I`m sure you´re a great guy IRL (I really mean this), but you´re performance here has so far been the equivalent of a completely clueless wanker. Call it personal attack all you like, I don´t care. I repeat: you´re no longer part of this community, so please f*ck off and play the games you like.

..good luck!

Actually he's part of the community as is anyone posting on FH. In addition he has knowledge of DAOC and can still offer advice and his opinion as and when he wants, you're certainly not one of these "big fish" that you seem to think you are, stop telling people that they can't post on forums you don't own or operate.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Actually he's part of the community as is anyone posting on FH. In addition he has knowledge of DAOC and can still offer advice and his opinion as and when he wants, you're certainly not one of these "big fish" that you seem to think you are, stop telling people that they can't post on forums you don't own or operate.

Irony folks. Bucket loads of sweet, raw and pure irony.

I love teh interwebz

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yes because Camlann wasn't dead before this nope.

Fuck no! It was THRIVING!

tumbleweed.jpg

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I for one am glad GOA takes this stance, no matter how low the pop gets never ever give in to cheaters.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

then theres the huge diffrence between being part of a forum community and a ingame community isnt it? :)

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
to bad its never GOA that actually CODE anything huh? they translate languages, thats all.

how fucking hard can it be to remember that? Mythic code, GOA translate.... it isnt THAT technical.....

Mythic knows what their doing, Goa tries there best but somehow almost always mess something up.

Why dont just take after the way mythic does it with patches instead of skipping patches and make one big?

by patching all thos minor patches ASAP ppl dont need to be annoyed byt those things and the chance of a big patch containing all the little ones clustred = something gonna go bad (we all seen it alot of times havent we?)

If Goa wants less irritated (paying) customers, do like mythic...
I changed to US servers and im glad i did, even tho i miss my old toons on excal.

Caledwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Me and my team double checked each account before taking action. I am as certain as I can be that the people who got banned deserved it

and how come that players got banned first and then recieved a mail that is was just a mistake from investigations?
so if you've done one mistake your team luckily noticed, how can you be sure there haven't been done more unjustified bans which you haven't deteceted yet?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
then theres the huge diffrence between being part of a forum community and a ingame community isnt it? :)

Yes there is, and there is some more.

There are many levels of temporary / permanent communities for daoc, and it is one of the strenghts of the game. Have you ever counted how many levels of community you have?

Groups, BGs, are small temporary communities, but you use them to make friends. (chat, learn their playstyles, group with them later, add them to friends list)

Guilds, Alliances are long term communities. And they are made stronger with shared goals, and something they can be proud of (guild houses, claimed keeps, merit points, etc). /you can inculde peope who are still part of guilds, active with some guild stuff, even if they don't have many active communities/

Realms

Servers/Clusters

The player (of EU or US editon, or all players) and fan base
Including people who try to promote or support the game, or some communities, even if they don't play it now. I think several key FH people still supports the daoc community even if they are retired for months, years.
And of course people who might return, and people who might help the population problem with returning and advertising.

Too bad that many people forgot about so many levels of the community. And too bad, some levels of communities are abaddoned even by players who still play the game :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Do GOA know when we're afk having a poo? I always worry they'll ban me when I block the toilet :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Isnt it odd.!
I my self and about 10 rl mates have played daoc from 2002-2005/6
we've always played fair and so have our guildies and none of us have ever been banned, infact I've only known one person to be banned because he used a craft macro not knowing it was ilegal, I met him irl not long after and i can asure you he simply didnt know "put it down to being naive if you wish"
other than that all i've ever heard of were a few well known players being banned for variose reasons, spd. hack, lag abuse, radar ect. wich they never really challenged when they were finally cought.

I was a very active player on mid excal. both as an officer and later GM of AB, an alliance officer in LFoM and in RSA, and yet I've never heard of someone being banned for an innocent action.

so it seems to me odds are, if you get banned..you proberbly deserved it.

I will say this though.!
My experience has also been that the more well known you are the lesser the chance of being perma banned for the "smaller offences"

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Isnt it odd.!
I my self and about 10 rl mates have played daoc from 2002-2005/6
we've always played fair and so have our guildies and none of us have ever been banned, infact I've only known one person to be banned because he used a craft macro not knowing it was ilegal, I met him irl not long after and i can asure you he simply didnt know "put it down to being naive if you wish"
other than that all i've ever heard of were a few well known players being banned for variose reasons, spd. hack, lag abuse, radar ect. wich they never really challenged when they were finally cought.

I was a very active player on mid excal. both as an officer and later GM of AB, an alliance officer in LFoM and in RSA, and yet I've never heard of someone being banned for an innocent action.

so it seems to me odds are, if you get banned..you proberbly deserved it.

I will say this though.!
My experience has also been that the more well known you are the lesser the chance of being perma banned for the "smaller offences"

Nice to know you are keeping your hib pryd toons quiet....cough cough ;)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well i never really got to rvr with them all that much. got the full templates, and all the ml's and when i was finally ready to take em out for some real RvR. I quit ;)

all i really remember from my time on hib pryd is Mass centaur pulling in toa, alot of instance pvp and lots and lots of arti farming.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
well i never really got to rvr with them all that much. got the full templates, and all the ml's and when i was finally ready to take em out for some real RvR. I quit ;)

all i really remember from my time on hib pryd is Mass centaur pulling in toa, alot of instance pvp and lots and lots of arti farming.

That much I remember all too well :)

FIderal

Fledgling Freddie
GoA should be looking into the population issue on camlann cause atm its not even hitting 140 players prime time.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
aye i reckon alot of the soloers would move there, always solo action in goth

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Give /charcopy to Camlann and I am sure it would be more populated.

well... then they would be forced to have a charcopy FROM camlann to. and i think more ppl would leave then go there, making the server even more deserted then it already is at the end of the day.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
well... then they would be forced to have a charcopy FROM camlann to. and i think more ppl would leave then go there, making the server even more deserted then it already is at the end of the day.

Not really, they could make it so you could only copy from certain servers (high pop) to low pop servers (Dyvet, Camlann etc) and have a system checking what active accounts are being copied so it won't shift the problem at one point.
Problem is people cba to start new on Camlann due to low pop, not being able to get a guild (camlann only prob), not being able to ever get on par with the people playing there for a longer time that are fully ToA'ed (MLs/Arti's etc) and its kinda impossible for a new player to get into the community.

With /charcopy you wouldn't need any of that as you can just copy some of your already fully ToA'ed chars there and get some instant PvP going and being on par with everyone therefor making it alot more viable for people to roll there that know if they start new they won't be able to ever get on par with the people that play there from start and got help with every ML and/or arti and SC they needed, and you wouldn't need to roll there with your entire guild to level/ToA and do everything you need just to be ready for PvP.

Ofc even with this change you will have some problems like it would totally destroy the Camlann market (if you could copy all your money also) and you could argue you would still be below par as your chars only have temps with 1 realm items when the people that ToA'ed their chars on Camlann had access to all 3 realm items, but problem one could be solved by only allowing like 50g transfer on freshly copied chars and problem two could be solved by just PvE'ing a bit on Camlann if you think you are in such disadvantage.

Still I think it won't ever happen and eventually Camlann with hit Cumbria pop (if it doesn't already) and will turn into an even bigger ghost server, the only sollution I see is /charcopy as merging is impossible as there's no other PvP server (Mordred doesn't count as US/EU cluster will never ever happen with no server).

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn: I think it all starts with the people already on Camlann. If I would want to make it simple, I would say: There are basically 2 kinds of players: People who want to compete, and they want a chance, and people who want to cooperate, and they want good company.

If we see Camlann from the perspective of this two needs, it is one of the worst choices and not because GOA, but because the people on it. It is up to you to fix it :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
random morons cheat
random morons get banned
random morons come crying to FH whining that by banning said random morons GOA did the wrong thing.

FH gets better and better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom