Question So I am going to start playing on the US servers again...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
also necros are insanely op

nuke for 700ish when not being hit then melee for 300 with 500 lt casts... + 2handed hero ect hitting pet for like 80

utterly retarded

still? o_O

figured Mythic would have done something about that already :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Can't get my head around how to play a vamp yet, my Thid vamp seems to be permanently out of power. Not fun.

Molvik bard is good fun though, might make that my next 50.

Warden is good in groups, but unless you are high RR, in a big guild or well known you just won't get a group.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
vamps only get power when they hit something in melee or with that power bolt they got :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Can't get my head around how to play a vamp yet, my Thid vamp seems to be permanently out of power. Not fun.

Molvik bard is good fun though, might make that my next 50.

Warden is good in groups, but unless you are high RR, in a big guild or well known you just won't get a group.

if you have low melee you will not hit as often due to lower WS. Also your damage will be less so you will generate less power iirc.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
also necros are insanely op

nuke for 700ish when not being hit then melee for 300 with 500 lt casts... + 2handed hero ect hitting pet for like 80

utterly retarded

First time ever i heard that necro is OP,did they actually fix the class?

gohan

FH is my second home
First time ever i heard that necro is OP,did they actually fix the class?

no, thev'e awlays been op, just not played cos thier pets couldnt ghet on boats so they were stuck in thier own realm all the time

labby is always full of them tho as cos thier not in combat they can hang around a port and when their pet hits 10% they jsut port out

proper fags

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
Yo Raven! Long time no see.

So Brack told me that you're playing on the US servers, and I decided (as, I think, he and others did) to give it a shot.

I'm rolling a warden and a BM (got both to lvl 6 in the couple of hours I played this morning - that tutorial zone gives silly-fast xp) to duo with. Unless, that is, anyone has any suggestions for a better dmg bot - I hear champs are pretty OP at the moment? Looking for a pair of toons which would both be viable for 8v8 play.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Based on solo/group ability

Classes for mentally challenged people - Warlocks, Vamps, Mauler, Champs, Bonedancer, Reaver and Warden
Good - Tics, Elds, Cabalist, Ani, VW, SB, Inf, Nightshade, Druid, Healer, Shammy, Bard, Thane, Warrior, Cleric, Friar, Valk, Zerk, Merc, Armsman, Savage Scout, Sorc, Theurg, Spiritmaster, Hero, Minstrel, Skald
Bad - Chanter, Pally, Wizard, Ranger, Hunter, Bainshee
Pve - Mentalist, Necro

Fixed

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Yo Raven! Long time no see.

So Brack told me that you're playing on the US servers, and I decided (as, I think, he and others did) to give it a shot.

I'm rolling a warden and a BM (got both to lvl 6 in the couple of hours I played this morning - that tutorial zone gives silly-fast xp) to duo with. Unless, that is, anyone has any suggestions for a better dmg bot - I hear champs are pretty OP at the moment? Looking for a pair of toons which would both be viable for 8v8 play.
You got to level 6 in 2 hours?? Thats not a lot mate.. Hope you know that =)

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
It felt like it at 6am while making sandwiches for work and remembering all the controls :)

(especially the left mouse look - is there some way to persuade it to centre behind the character once you're finished looking behind you to see where your stuck character has ended up?)

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
It felt like it at 6am while making sandwiches for work and remembering all the controls :)

(especially the left mouse look - is there some way to persuade it to centre behind the character once you're finished looking behind you to see where your stuck character has ended up?)
Well my default setting is 'S' iirc

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Classes for mentally challenged people - Warlocks, Vamps, Mauler, Champs, Bonedancer, Reaver and Warden
Good - Tics, Elds, Cabalist, Ani, VW, SB, Inf, Nightshade, Druid, Healer, Shammy, Bard, Thane, Warrior, Cleric, Friar, Valk, Zerk, Merc, Armsman, Savage Scout, Sorc, Theurg, Spiritmaster, Hero, Minstrel, Skald
Bad - Chanter, Pally, Wizard, Ranger, Hunter, Bainshee
Pve - Mentalist, Necro

Disagree on the champ. Actually requires a fair bit of skill to play unless you're an RA dump-whore (BoV = I-win vs heavy tanks, makes little difference vs stealths).

Reavers are actually fairly easy to beat if you know what you're doing and are can spike dps sufficiently. They are lethal on assist trains though due to their auras and levi spike dps

Valks belong in the mentally challenged category (1/3 hps insta-heal castable every 10-20s complete with buffshear, DD, spec shield and heavy armor?). They are excellent as tertiary group healer too and can spec for some serious dps with the spear.

Bard - have you ever tried to kill even an unarmed paraplegic rabbit with a Bard? Ever? Clearly not as you haven't died of boredom.

Rather than rant i'll point you at a hilarious link in a new thread in a few mins if i can find it (DAoC Wildlife guide if you haven't already read it - older players may have seen it).

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Rather than rant i'll point you at a hilarious link in a new thread in a few mins if i can find it (DAoC Wildlife guide if you haven't already read it - older players may have seen it).

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions-38/54264-wildlife-survival-guide-daoc.html

In which you link too:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/creative-20/12277-daoc-wilderness-survival-guides.html

Searching for the user Aran Thule always makes for enterprising threads.

Everz

FH is my second home
Disagree on the champ. Actually requires a fair bit of skill to play unless you're an RA dump-whore (BoV = I-win vs heavy tanks, makes little difference vs stealths).

Reavers are actually fairly easy to beat if you know what you're doing and are can spike dps sufficiently. They are lethal on assist trains though due to their auras and levi spike dps

Valks belong in the mentally challenged category (1/3 hps insta-heal castable every 10-20s complete with buffshear, DD, spec shield and heavy armor?). They are excellent as tertiary group healer too and can spec for some serious dps with the spear.

Bard - have you ever tried to kill even an unarmed paraplegic rabbit with a Bard? Ever? Clearly not as you haven't died of boredom.

No, champs are simply retarded with the debuff, huge dmg or massive block rate, unless you are another retarded class or like burning purge/pots alot then they are impossible to get past.

Valks arent what they once were, nice in groups, but disease them and its pretty much game over.

Reavers no longer have Levi in the same form, the new version is the spamable side style lifetap that recovers about 20% of there life each hit, combined with reaver bomb, double castable lifetap, strong shield block rate, debuffs etc etc, they are near enough top of the melee food chain.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

It all depends on what u wanna do rly. Solo? Small grp? pugging? set grp? Some classes might shine in a setgrp but suck in pugs cause the grp is not build around it. Others like the wizz for example i would never run in a set grp (unless i ran full caster ofc) but they shine in pugs.

Same with some of the others, say BM some grps love it, others hate em. mincer? some love em others hate it etc.

So just pick what u like

Everz

FH is my second home
I can see you never ran into Maeloch while he was on one of his many drunken solo rampages Everz? :D

rr11 helps :D?

Seriously, the class is pretty much useless, in my time on devon i've probably seen one mentalist in rvr, hes rr12 and camps tower with his di bot, enough said.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
No, champs are simply retarded with the debuff, huge dmg or massive block rate, unless you are another retarded class or like burning purge/pots alot then they are impossible to get past.
Not true tbh - they are good in 1v1 but mainly because of sheer number of toys rather than any disgustingly OP abilities (with the notable exception of BoV, which really only hurts heavy tanks - which the champ was in fact designed to kill). It requires timing and at least some skill to win with, rather than simply facerolling the keyboard ala vamps, maulers and 'locks for example.

The Annihilate nerf hurt us particuarly bad, making 50 LW spec a rarity now (and Valor still needs buffing IMO to include a buffshear proc in each tier).

They can beat Reavers, Valks and Maulers if played exactly right too. What you do is Numb (2 second stun), hope they panic-purge it without checking the icon (probably 75% of players do when their purge is up), then engage for a bit (if on a vamp/mauler), Slam, wail on them for 8 seconds, pop ST, reslam, then wail on them for another 8 seconds.
Which pretty much nothing survives if you're 40+ LW 42 Shield Rest Valor. That's 16 seconds of pain with no opportunity to defend but is only doable once per 10 minutes.

In group-group, a champ is a wasted spot due to poor anti-CC and only very situational long RUT spike-dps. Same in zerg-zerg as with most other tanks.

Everz

FH is my second home
Not true tbh - they are good in 1v1 but mainly because of sheer number of toys rather than any disgustingly OP abilities (with the notable exception of BoV, which really only hurts heavy tanks - which the champ was in fact designed to kill). It requires timing and at least some skill to win with, rather than simply facerolling the keyboard ala vamps, maulers and 'locks for example.

The Annihilate nerf hurt us particuarly bad, making 50 LW spec a rarity now (and Valor still needs buffing IMO to include a buffshear proc in each tier).

They can beat Reavers, Valks and Maulers if played exactly right too. What you do is Numb (2 second stun), hope they panic-purge it without checking the icon (probably 75% of players do when their purge is up), then engage for a bit (if on a vamp/mauler), Slam, wail on them for 8 seconds, pop ST, reslam, then wail on them for another 8 seconds.
Which pretty much nothing survives if you're 40+ LW 42 Shield Rest Valor. That's 16 seconds of pain with no opportunity to defend but is only doable once per 10 minutes.

In group-group, a champ is a wasted spot due to poor anti-CC and only very situational long RUT spike-dps. Same in zerg-zerg as with most other tanks.

No, from playing one and playing against they dont require much skill at all.

Debuff
Slam
LW/Blade styles
Block for ages doing block chain+anytime
Debuff

rinse and repeat.

And noone falls for the numb trick anymore mate :D.

gohan

FH is my second home

Debuff
Slam
LW/Blade styles
Debuff

rinse and repeat.

aye the grapics are differnt now, its got shield swipe animation

saying that tho i've fought 3 champs 1v1 on my scout since respecing 1 rr4 1 rr7 and 1 rr5

lost to the rr5 (infact he totaly owned me)

beat the other 2

so i think player skill still comes into alot

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

Champ is NOT vasted in 8v8 for sure, best hybrid tank in any realm for sure. So good many of the better german grps left the BM out to run 2 champs up front.

aika

Can't get enough of FH

Debuff
Slam
LW/Blade styles
Debuff

rinse and repeat.

yeah cause all champs are 42 shield.

In fact I found it harder to solo with shield spec than with 2h, cause it took me ages to kill someone and i got adds all the time, while with 2h i could just 3 shot things. Best rr7+ spec is 50 LW 50 Val 28 parry.

CorNokZ

I still remember you hitting me for 600~ish when you were just lvl 48 aika :(

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Champ is NOT vasted in 8v8 for sure, best hybrid tank in any realm for sure. So good many of the better german grps left the BM out to run 2 champs up front.

Dont agree there tbh unless they gave champs charge in the last year. Especially 2 champs is a waste since the debuffs dont stack and you're going to have 2 tanks out of action for 20 secs or so every minute with CC (mainly roots and stuns). Far more bang for buck running vamps, heros or BM's than a champ. The only thing a champ is better at the other 3 is dropping heavy melee - and then only once per 15 mins.

Even good champs spend 20-30 secs of every minute CC'ed. They really need to drop the purge 3RUT to 90s or something.

Everz - we don't agree here. Fair enough re:Numb though didnt know they'd changed the animation - pity! Also, champ debuffs get resisted or purged very frequently, so they are only particularly useful if the fight is a long one.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Dont agree there tbh unless they gave champs charge in the last year. Especially 2 champs is a waste since the debuffs dont stack. You'd get far more bang for buck running Healer-Healer-CC/Speed-Hybrid-Hero-BM-Vamp in a hib tank group.

Even good champs spend 20-30 secs of every minute CC'ed. They really need to drop the purge 3RUT to 90s or something.

Everz - we don't agree here. Fair enough re:Numb though didnt know they'd changed the animation - pity! Also, champ debuffs get resisted or purged very frequently, so they are only particularly useful if the fight is a long one.

Nope 2 insta interupts, debuffs, dmg, slam, DET 5, purge 3, BLs and u have a monster of a class. There is a reason why none ran vamps on german and all do on US. And now when the germans are there they are DOMINATING the hib tank grps from rr 3 with their no BG hybrid grp. Oh and saying u should use a vamp or VWer due to anti CC is quite lol.

And the standard hib grp doesnt contain hero vamp or VWers in my world, they are made up of chanter eldy champ bm and there is where they used the champ instead of BM.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH

Hi there.. i dont think it requires any skill to specc a champ shield and debuff shit to oblivion to then do a slam and drop people with insane damage (even without BoV) yes i am aware that there are 1 or 2 2hander champs around but they are very rare. I forgot to put valk up in mentally challenged category because i don't have to face one (as i play mid myself) Reaver - lifetapping heavytank with access to TWF... i do not need to say more? yes you can beat them easily on certian classes but i have hard times beating rr3 reavers on my rr8 savage, they usually go for mastery of blocking 3-4ish aswell so they block like a heavytank.. and i'm fairly sure i know what i am doing on savage.

Also i think i can count all the people that roll bard to solo with on one hand :) i killed some scouts on my bard tho with no or very little help ^^

Edit: i'm fairly sure theres craploads of champs who have /lol'd at me for purging their numb.. but if i dont with the fight within 1 minute im doomed anyways so id rather have that stun imunity and get rid of the first round of debuffs than to purge slam.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I still remember you hitting me for 600~ish when you were just lvl 48 aika :(

Soon I will finish all the exams, and I will be active on the US servers, perhaps we can play again :)

CorNokZ

yaay :)

I'm on alb atm, but wouldn't mind expanding to hib or mid.. Got my thane on killibury tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom