Question So I am going to start playing on the US servers again...

Everz

FH is my second home
yeah cause all champs are 42 shield.

In fact I found it harder to solo with shield spec than with 2h, cause it took me ages to kill someone and i got adds all the time, while with 2h i could just 3 shot things. Best rr7+ spec is 50 LW 50 Val 28 parry.

I'd have more chance of finding needle in a haystack then finding a champ not specced 42 shield.

Alot don't even go for 50 LW these days due to the Anni nerf.

Everz

FH is my second home
Everz - we don't agree here. Fair enough re:Numb though didnt know they'd changed the animation - pity! Also, champ debuffs get resisted or purged very frequently, so they are only particularly useful if the fight is a long one.

You purge the debuffs and get slammed straight after giving them time to be reappled. Enough said.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
You just contradicted yourself totally.

No i didn't? You interpreted one of my previous posts to believe i contradicted myself. I did not (quote me to prove me wrong please if i am).

Unless 50 Valor Spec it is likely you will have at least one (often 2) of the debuffs resisted.

Most champs try to apply debuffs as they are closing i.e. just outside melee range so that the target is already str/con debuffed before they land the DD or first melee hit.

Most champs will slam right off the bat to get off to a good start, meaning that if you have purge up (about the only ones not specced purge 3 are light tanks) you will purge both the debuffs and the slam at the same time, meaning that you have to wait for the cooldowns to reapply them.

Unless it's shield user vs shield user in an engage-fest, one of you will be half dead by the time those debuffs rotate back up. I don't like engaging non-tanks as i don't feel it's fun or fair to them.

I suppose the champ could use the snare to kite until the debuffs are up, but that seems fairly pointless given all the ranged CL abilities nowadays.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
debuff str/con, slam,wait for purge, debuff dex/qui and haste. Thats the algorithm.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
ML10, slam, ST3, BoV then all debuffs, finish him off and then sit in a tower for 15 minutes and repeat

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Most champs try to apply debuffs as they are closing i.e. just outside melee range so that the target is already str/con debuffed before they land the DD or first melee hit.

Most champs will slam right off the bat to get off to a good start, meaning that if you have purge up (about the only ones not specced purge 3 are light tanks) you will purge both the debuffs and the slam at the same time, meaning that you have to wait for the cooldowns to reapply them.

Most good champs will recognise the potential of forcing purge from slam WITHOUT burning debuffs and save them until after the purge, forcing the target to choose between the 2, unless the target doesnt purge anyway and then you have a free slams worth of damage and can debuff when its dropping anyway (or the target prefers to sit through a slam just to purge the debuffs afterwards, which is questionable to say the least).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Most good champs will recognise the potential of forcing purge from slam WITHOUT burning debuffs and save them until after the purge, forcing the target to choose between the 2, unless the target doesnt purge anyway and then you have a free slams worth of damage and can debuff when its dropping anyway (or the target prefers to sit through a slam just to purge the debuffs afterwards, which is questionable to say the least).

Str/Con is somewhat less effective is applied after the first hit though (or it was when i left at least)?

Happy to be corrected of course! Tried some solo on my champ last night - repeatedly flattened a duelling Lady Smiter (75% when she died or thereabouts most times), but got my ass handed to me by a Reaver and Melee tic - embaressingly so actually (both still over 50% when i died).

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it is but the the str debuff still hits damage output hard, its more beneficial to be able to land all the debuffs. Or you can drop s/c and slam and then d/q asd after the purge, up to you really :p I used to really hate meeting champs who didnt dump debuffs because you basically have to decide which is the lesser of 2 evils, sitting through slam or eating the debuffs, and it gives them such a tactical advantage (although I played savage so getting red debuffed basically screwed me :p)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it is but the the str debuff still hits damage output hard, its more beneficial to be able to land all the debuffs. Or you can drop s/c and slam and then d/q asd after the purge, up to you really :p I used to really hate meeting champs who didnt dump debuffs because you basically have to decide which is the lesser of 2 evils, sitting through slam or eating the debuffs, and it gives them such a tactical advantage (although I played savage so getting red debuffed basically screwed me :p)

Yeah the attack speed debuff just destroys 2h too.

Good idea with that - hadn't really considered that d/q and attack speed can be delayed in application.

Just shows how out of touch with the game I am! I'll be doing the usual fights up by the graveyard and SE bridge in emain / equivalent locations over the weekend if anyone wants a scrap!

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
debuffs, w8 for purge if he doesn't purge numb 2x 2h hits numb 2x 2h hits..

Nobody that is debuffed will ever kill a champ so you will have to purge the debuffs at some point or get owned by numb + 2h hits.

All you can do vs a champ is engage him with shield and wait out the debuffs and then try reverse it with a numb of your own and hope he purges that. Slam yourself and then purge the debuffs and dps him down before the stun is out or you will get boved down :d..

Then again, ebaying rr8l8 minstrels is never the way to really learn the game.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Then again, ebaying rr8l8 minstrels is never the way to really learn the game.

Quite funny that you still trot out that old chestnut despite us not having spoken for 2+ years or even having been on a DAoC server together (yet you still post on a DAoC board?).

Pity you can't buy a cure for being a pretentious little **** though or i'd ebay you one :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom