So how do you actually get to the new battlegrounds then?

S

SFXman

lol... forest giants eat poor little adventurers.

F

Flimgoblin

Ahh but inbetween the snacks... :)

They eat crisps, sausages and drink cocacola (the ettins make it)

S

Solid

What about the 100kills per BG thing, is that in this patch or later (/me hopes later)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Solid
What about the 100kills per BG thing, is that in this patch or later (/me hopes later)
It is in know... they are approx. 100 kills per BG but actually they go by Realm Rank 1 and then some level (last BG has RR1L9).

O

old.Cordain

Hmm never heard of it.
Wasnt in the patch notes atleast so id say not in this patch but then again its not much more than 100 kills anyway when you get couple of rp's /kill and the level limit is 1L3.
Well atleast at the first bg.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Cordain
Hmm never heard of it.
Wasnt in the patch notes atleast so id say not in this patch but then again its not much more than 100 kills anyway when you get couple of rp's /kill and the level limit is 1L3.
Well atleast at the first bg.
On the contrary, look at the 1.48 patch notes on the rightnow faq thing...
NEW BATTLEFIELD ZONES

We have added two new restricted RvR battlefield zones, which brings the total number of Battlefields up to 3. Each is restricted by level. The lowest is for levels 20-24, the second for levels 25-29, and the third is for levels 30-35. The intent of these battlefields is to provide a training ground where lower-level characters can practice and learn RvR tactics without having to worry about higher-level players marauding them. Each Battlefield has been configured to allow each player approximately 100 enemy "kills" before you will no longer be allowed to port there.

The Battlefields:

- Caledonia - levels 30 - 35, Realm rank 1, Realm level up to 9

- Murdaigean - levels 25 - 29, Realm rank 1, Realm level up to 5

- Thidranki - levels 20 - 24, Realm rank 1, Realm level up to 3

The medallion merchant's speech has been updated to reflect the changes within the Battlegrounds. Should you have questions on the function of the portals or which battleground your level/realm rank can travel to, please seek him out.

S

Solid

I am sure I have read that a 100 kill cap was introduced downstream for the BG, pretty sure it aint this patch tho, so lets fingers crossed.

I assume you can still enter the BG even if you have got RR1L9, just you wont get RP for your kills?

S

SFXman

When you reach the limit of some amount of RPs that is needed for RR1 L9 and you leave the BG... you will not be able to go back. What happens is that when you try to teleport there, you will go back to your bindstone :)
Said so in the notes.

S

Solid

Thanx SFX Man, I noticed the "approximately" and so that means that its not fixed at 100, but the RR/RL that determines if you may return, well thast OK I guess.

Guess I still wont jeapordise my Autotraining of Stealth for the BG then as a Stealther will gain RR1L9 rather fast.

S

SFXman

I think I as a scout will reach that RR1 L9 (52xx rp I think) quite fast aswell...

F

Flimgoblin

As a cow in training I shall probably be in the battlegrounds till I get alzheimers

F

Flimgoblin

If you leave stealth and don't train it then your trainer gives you points in it automatically...

I've got thrust 7 at lvl 29 for free! (whoo)

gets you about 10 extra spec points to spend.

S

SFXman

It is not free actually my dear friend. If you start speccing in it, it will cost.

F

Flimgoblin

nah to train to lvl 8 it'll cost me 8 spec points instead of ...

2+3+4+5+6+7+8 = 35 points.

Of course it means you have crap stealth till you start training :)

S

SFXman

No it doesn't mean that... you actually do have to pay for the auto-trained ones aswell (since they do not auto-train if you have specced in them) when you begin to spec in them yourself...

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm should log onto gorre and test it ;)

but there's a whole host of people on the boards talking about improving themselves by autotraining
(and the cost listed at my trainer to improve my thrust is '8' points)

so I don't think it works that way SFX

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Tirin
Do the necklaces really cost 10g?For a char below lvl 15 thats a lot of money.....

Why would a character below lvl 15 be wanting to travel there anyway?
You can't get into the battlegrounds, they are level/RP restricted and anyone under lvl 15 heading into a frontier zone is gonna die pretty quickly ;)

O

old.cerebus

That's a bit shit.

I am already RR1 L2 with my level 23 Nightshade.

Okay it's more for practice but Mythic HAVE to get rid of the RP restrictions.

O

old.Cordain

Test it all you want. The auto trained points are automatically reduced from your spec points.

IE.
Lets say that class called ShadowPokemon gets 1x*lvl spec points/lvl.
So at lvl 10 SP's should get 10 spec points _but_ because ShadowPokemons need to have atleast 2 in stealth at lvl 10 you will only get 8 spec points.
Your ShadowPokemon will however get full 10 spec points at lvl 10 if you have trained the stealth at previous levels.

So every ShadowPokemon will have the same amounth of spec points at lvl 50 even if they had trained stealth from the lvl 5.

(ShadowPokemon trainer lives in old warehouse in TNN and because they only accept trolls the player base is kinda rare.)

S

SFXman

I am quite sure that auto-train doesn't give you any advantage... that would be a goddamn bug almost, but since it does need to be reduced from your spec points aswell, end of story.
Cerebus... in that time you can level to the next battleground requirements... the limit is not that small.

F

Fafnir

:)

Think i have to go out with my hunter this weekend... :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SFXman
I am quite sure that auto-train doesn't give you any advantage... that would be a goddamn bug almost, but since it does need to be reduced from your spec points aswell, end of story.
Cerebus... in that time you can level to the next battleground requirements... the limit is not that small.

My lvl 29 merc has exactly the right number of points in his skills...

not including thrust, if you total my slash/dw/parry/shield (the stuff I chose to spend) it totals to the amount I get at lvl 29

if you add in the 7 points in thrust I have more than I should have... so it didn't cost me anything.

at most it'll give you one more point in a spec skill, and thats if you gimp your stealth till lvl 32 :)

S

Solid

Cordain I pray you just made one of your humourous witty hoax posts and are not serious.

If this is so I will be mostly pissed off, why the f**k woudl anyone autotrain anyway then?.

So you are saying a warrrior loses spec points on 2 levels for the 2 weapon specs he doesnt choose?

At level 50 a warrior who specs weapon x, shield and parry will have 12 in weapon Y and weapon Z from autotrain, you are saying he will have lost 77*2 = 144 spec points to autotrain because he didnt spec all 3 weapons?

What a load of tosh

D

Delket

Autotrains a free because they up skills supposedly vital to that character

S

Solid

Thanx Del, just as I assumed, Cordain u r on drugs maybe? :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Solid
Cordain I pray you just made one of your humourous witty hoax posts and are not serious.

If this is so I will be mostly pissed off, why the f**k woudl anyone autotrain anyway then?.

So you are saying a warrrior loses spec points on 2 levels for the 2 weapon specs he doesnt choose?

At level 50 a warrior who specs weapon x, shield and parry will have 12 in weapon Y and weapon Z from autotrain, you are saying he will have lost 77*2 = 144 spec points to autotrain because he didnt spec all 3 weapons?

What a load of tosh
If you begin training in the skill you lose the points...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom