So... DAoC Anyone?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Don't think I'll be returning to Daoc anymore. I played in the US for a while but now need something else (read new).

Will play Warhammer until it gets dull and then possibly try Lotro again.

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
Just givf Origins and lots & lots of us will return. If not just to take a look.

If Mythic didn't fail so bad with WAR compared to DAoC, most of us wouldn't be looking out for Origins like it is now.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
WAR is just a trick to lure us all to origins xD

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Sounds like what's needed is a firbolg bard!

Suprised they didn't nerf the animist resist pierce in the first patch after tbh, was obviously not as intended. Not that I ever got a template to make use of it, but then I missed 25% resist pierce the first time around also. :/

B

boppa

Hi guys :)

i tried warhammer but the main prob atm is my sys aint quite upto it.. but to what i played of it..seems DAoC still hold its place as #1 for pvp!

anywayz i read in this topic about euro peeps starting on a US server...id be up for that! i did have a few chars on US Merlin i think it was...but will start from fresh on whatever server :)

for those that dont know me.. i was a hibby luri (chanter named bebop ment named boppa!) on pryd.. guilds i was in were (Walkers Of Legend/ Soul Pact / Everessence (or summit like that!) Severance & NFD!.. anywayz lmk if you guys are thinking about starting on US... would love to join up like the old days...except this time round as mael said... be just for some fun & laff & not so serious as it was back in the day!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Just givf Origins and lots & lots of us will return. If not just to take a look.

If Mythic didn't fail so bad with WAR compared to DAoC, most of us wouldn't be looking out for Origins like it is now.

I loved DAoC but it was a bit of a failure subs-wise as it was never promoted or advertised and was very poorly maintained and managed with huge imbalance problems and bugs/exploits from day one. I honestly don't think you can say DAoC was more of a success than WAR, comparing the two in that manner doesn't really work.

Problem now is DAoC is very dated and has very few players. I doubt anyone resubbing for origins will play more than a few months before they realise DAoC is a shadow of it's former self. Once the rose-tinted glasses come off the reality will set in.

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
I loved DAoC but it was a bit of a failure subs-wise as it was never promoted or advertised and was very poorly maintained and managed with huge imbalance problems and bugs/exploits from day one. I honestly don't think you can say DAoC was more of a success than WAR, comparing the two in that manner doesn't really work.

Problem now is DAoC is very dated and has very few players. I doubt anyone resubbing for origins will play more than a few months before they realise DAoC is a shadow of it's former self. Once the rose-tinted glasses come off the reality will set in.

Perhaps, but I'm sure I'd be having tons more fun there than in WAR. ;)

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie

This.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I logged into FH today for the first time in years, I've had a laugh reading my old DAoC posts *cringe* I acted like a complete ass sometimes!

Anyway, I'm looking at DAoC with rose-tinted specs and wondering whether anyone fancied taking the population on Gareth (US Classic Server) back to the good old days of Excalibur :)

DAoC is still the best PVP MMO I've ever played, I pre-ordered Warhammer but felt it lacked, both in PvP and PvE, so cancelled my preorder.

Any old DAoC guys still about? Grimster/Humbopp/Aussie/Tilda/Konah/Outlaw etc? :D

Grimster? Are you refering to me then? :)

If so I am still around allthough I have been away from FH for several years. :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

:iagree:

no game ever was able to keep my attention for as long as doac did. but as it is, the game is dead. time to move on or go the way of the dinosaurs i guess (extinction that is) i have good hopes that war will keep my attention for the next 4-5 years now.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i still play a bit of daoc. A few of us around on US killbury still. I play war also but havent got that much time and consider daoc more fun still since im waiting for open rvr in war. I play war to hang with guild mostly, but gamewise i find myself very bored leveling solo etc.
/eb.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
If Excal was busy i'd be back there straight away. It's where my fav chars are. Tried other servers but it wasn't the same. Bit like WAR, it's not like DAoC was on Excalibur then Dyvet.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
If Excal was busy i'd be back there straight away. It's where my fav chars are. Tried other servers but it wasn't the same. Bit like WAR, it's not like DAoC was on Excalibur then Dyvet.

Same here, I there were at least 500-600 players I'd go back there in a heartbeat.
But alas, we've got to face it...DaoC/Excalibur is dead :(

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Cowled - who's your ranger on lance?

I swear by my life, i can't remember the name. It's an RR5L1 ranger (or so) - It's been 4-5 months since we've duoed there. We might activate soon tho :).

Edit: I found out .. it's "Aedeil". Rami's ranger is "Fjortiz".

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
I played on US servers first because I did not want to risk GOA, but some friends talked me into coming back to EU and its ok. Server stability is the same. Service will never be the same since a lot of resources will be directed at translation work, but Mythic delivers a solid game. I like WAR more for every day, think it is a keeper. RVR in Praag is fun! Imagine when the playerbase all have their L40s and learned to play and all the kids and hellokitty fans go back to wow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom