Sms and SC in Lair PL groups

S

sofus

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
If you're going to exp at lair, then make life as easy as possible for yourself and everyone in your groups. Then again simple decency is beyond most daoc'ers.

99% cloth gloves, boots, sleeves and hat, SCed (not overcharged) with dex, con, hits and melee resists, piety if you can fit it on. grey con staff with lvl 50 supp (optional dark focus)

total cost: about 500g, ie about 2 DE hauberks.

ye thats what im saying its not hard to get it and it would higher the effection of the groups alot i think

R

Rulke-RM

Originally posted by sofus
ye thats what im saying its not hard to get it and it would higher the effection of the groups alot i think
Yup, i'm agreeing with you :)

Most folk in lair groups are chronic AFKers with crap armour and crapper attention span. When I am LK I give priority to people I know to be decent players and/or have good equipment. It's probably not very fair but the groups are a lot faster and even enjoyable at times, which means folk ding and leave faster so more folk can get exp.

And not just SMs should have SC, it's amazing how many hits a SCed healer can soak up from draks.

F

fragoverrule

Originally posted by sofus
Im gonna start a new "rule" in the listkeeping thingy.
From now on when im lk (and im kinda often that) i make a little change in the normal list system, though it only affect Sm's.
From now on SC sms > sms without sc. And that means that if you are a SM with a SC set you will automaticly pop up infront of the non SC sms on the sm list.
If anyone trys to cheat or anything insta kick off group and list.
I know this will cost some money but only thing required is a 99% SC cloth set with cap stats. pow and supp skill + focus. And tbh that cost not more than around 1p to get. So sms get some SC so we can make the PL in lair even better :D

I hope that all other listkeepers in the future will try follow this rule aswell, imo it makes the xp was faster and easier.

been in lair for a long time now.. old and new lair situation but this isnt a very good suggestion imo, since i wear drops on me and still i got almost everything capped (tg items, dragon vest that sort stuff) since its not sc'ed.. u still place me at the end of the list ??

and what already been mentioned here the sc éd suit doesnt means faster exp, higher realm rank does.. if u place some kinda border like all sm higher then rr 3l0 something like are faster allowed i would agree since u prolly will have mcl2, serenity 2 that sort stuff.

and to the ppl who are willing to allow all ppl in lair.. START UR OWN GROUP .. and get lair back to life

A

angsth

<sigh>... I remember the days when you did get exp groups even if you didn't have 50 sm or 50 healer... and H... even if it was a pain in the ass, it helped to get to 43...

O

old.Rei Ayanami

Bad idea tbh, it doesn't depend on SC or not... it depends how good the SM is. I can get the same XP with my SC'ed SM as i can with my Non SC'ed SM (2 accounts). It depends on your position when pbaoeing and how afk people are. So my answer is no...

V

Vodor

Lair used to be great fun before they messed with resist rates :(

M

mehitabel

Sofus, you know if you only accepted rr11 people it would go even faster?

L

look

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
No, your a pillock l33t-FotM. Ppl play the game for fun, not all can afford full SC sets, or can be arsed.

Its idiots like you killing the game for the average player.

Oh, just noticed you was an alb, thats where this came from. :m00:

something like that, it's more and more a struggle 2 collect money in this game 2 buy the most uber stuff, destroys the game for the average player as Whoodoo say's and if even 2 get some sweet xp aswell takes sc amour what will be next, rvr is already mad, must admit i bought some sc amour and wearing it even so i cound give up, just a "gimped" thane

R

Rulke-RM

Whats the big deal about giving priority to folk with SC?
EVERYONE should have basic SC at the very least. You do more damage and you take less, and it costs f*ck all for SMs. It makes for a more efficient exping group, kinda like focus staffs and we all use them...right?

Sofus, you know if you only accepted rr11 people it would go even faster?
Except getting RR11 is hard and getting SC is really really really really really really really really really really really easy. All you need RA wise is MCL and purge, MoC being useless vs drakulvs
And please people, at least try to give a proper arguement instead of:
OMFG i'm to lazy for this shit

[edit] agree with Rei also, the skill of the player is more important. But a player who doesnt make the effort on his char isnt likely to make much effort in a group either

T

Thelion

I just have one thing to say about this.. Greedy.

T

Thelion

And why not just admit? Some mids doesn't seems to want new lvl 50 blood in their realm. We are so doomed if ppl like this accualy get their words out. Who are u and what do u want?

W

Whoodoo_RD

Its still l33tist bollocks, this one day, whats next;

"L10 healer LFG"
"You got SC and full PAC?"
"Nope, put a few points in heal too, and I cant find a crafter who will do cheap studded."
"Piss off then n00b, come back when you got 5 plat and an SM"

My SM is quite happy wearing epic + SI quest items and a Malm drop staff, he does OK, isnt normally the first to die and can take more than one hit easily.

I dont tend to emain a lot, and PvE is more my thing. I still failt to see why I and others have to bow down to PL freaks who do nothing all day but PL toons to 50 and never play them, or if they do, appear in RvR knowing feck all about those chars and wonder why they die, then go back to PLing.

Now twats are saying "RR3 minimum", told ya that was coming.

You say its only a suggestion, but in the same breath you say you are doing it, so which is it?

Oh, and while Im about it, as you can get a full set of 99% SCd armour and staff for 500g, ill take you up on that offer Rulke, PM me in game when its ready pls, its a feking lot cheaper than Ive found. Oh, sorry, you dont play anymore, forgot that :p

J

jox

Why should this rule only apply to the SMs? I think all at Lair should have sc, even the leech-chars(in case of aggro).

I also think that everyone must be in rr 5+ so they have all the basics, and yes it goes for leechers too.

And if anyone break this rule he, his friends and his guild should be banned from Lair for life.

A

agon

i don't understand why so many get upset over this..
is it that you're lazy, poor or careless?

it costs close to nothing to SC an sm.. if you can't afford it, MAYBE farm some so you at least got some pocket money

i doubt sofus wrote this because of some leet attitude, but some gimps like to see it that way when they find out that ppl would like to see them in SCed sets (the horror..)

i don't care about this being a requirement at lair, so i don't bother suppoting it.. but it's sad to see that some ppl don't even care to fully equip their characters :m00:

next time you're at lair, pay attention to the person dying all the time. note that he's either wearing epic or he starts casting too early

W

Whoodoo_RD

TBH i have mostly 99% crafted parts, I just hate it when ppl try and tell others how to play the game. As i say, RvR is already being ruined by ppl demanding full SC and the right spec, but come on, its PvE ffs. Heck part of the idea of the game is to die once in a while, shit happens in any environment with enemies, if not wed all kill only greens all day.

Stuff like this kills the fun of the game, while I agree ppl should be fairly well equiped, which is pure common sense, i do also think theres little wrong with epic items and normaly drop weapons and quest items.

This leads to "This must be your template to play, if you dont have exactly these specs piss off!"[/b]

One thing leads to another.

J

Jarrax

Originally posted by jox

And if anyone break this rule he, his friends and his guild should be banned from Lair for life.

And dropped from any alliance they are in, blacklisted from rvr groups forever as well.
Checks should be regularly made to make sure any current/future alts are also banned from everything.

I also think there should be a specific Ra template for the sm's as well, aug acu5, seren5, wp5, mcl2, moc, raging power as a minimum.

Listkeeper must visually check every sm+leech eqpt' via trade window, to make sure all armour is MP only, and that all stats/resists are capped for lvl.

S

Shagrat

Originally posted by agon
i don't understand why so many get upset over this..
is it that you're lazy, poor or careless?

none of the above i think.

I think most people see this the same way that I have. RvR has already been totally screwed for a lot of people by having a mass of rules imposed on it before you can get a group and now its starting to filter into pve.

Like people have said here, it'll be sc'ed kit or no group at lair today and if that starts to filter out into the rest of the realm then thats another nail in the coffin of any casual gamer having a decent chance of getting an xp group.

O

old.anubis

nice idea

if some people prefer waiting 5 minutes for ressick every 10 minutes of exp good luck for them

S

scrow2

Originally posted by old.anubis
nice idea

if some people prefer waiting 5 minutes for ressick every 10 minutes of exp good luck for them

lol

W

Whoodoo_RD

OK, then lets also set the same rule for healers, shammies and all others.

While we are at it, if a healers mezz gets resisted, he gets booted, if a warrior fails to block, he goes back to solo. If anyone goes AFK for more than 20 seconds, they get booted too.

Jesus, the mentality of some ppl gets worse, its a game for fun, its not fun for ppl to be refused a grp just cause they aint got all the uber gear, which they have trouble getting without a grp. Damned if they do damned if they dont.

W

Whisperess

Why are you getting upset people?

Isn't this just a suggestion for the PL-groups, not the ordinary exp groups?

The PL groups are there for one thing - as fast and efficient exp as possible, no downtime - just continous pulling; who cares if it's fun? It's not why they are there.

Normal exp groups however could/should really have an emphasis on having fun. If everyone in a normal exp group is having fun, you'll get more exp as you get less bitching and moaning.

Seperate the two. Accept that PL groups will exist, and just hope that there is mutual respect for where they exp.
( unlike some russian PL group that gladly ruined the day, several days a week, for many casual expers. No names mentioned. )

W

Whoodoo_RD

Problem here is bud, that all groups in malm are PL groups, or the PL groups are whoring the normal exp spots at lair / yar. So this rule applies to all there, not just normal expers.

Again, its not put across as a suggestion.

N

nott

questions to the whiners:

Is lair/yar the only places to get exp in this game? Cause it certainly sounds like you think it is.

is this sc-requirement so bad? I would think the bad is actually haveing to level a sm first, once you got that stinkin sm whats the problem in getting better equipped?

Even in the old days lair just functioned as a machine to get people the fastest possible way to 50 and not much else, so why would those "average" people who just seek fun and some pve challenges bother with lairlists anyway?

Its tempting to draw a quick conclusion that the whiners are just bein jealous that they can't get xp as fast as the ones at lair, cause if speed is not essential theres several places to go. Personally I love both Trollheim and Iarn.lair for instance.

F

fragoverrule

OK, then lets also set the same rule for healers, shammies and all others.

While we are at it, if a healers mezz gets resisted, he gets booted, if a warrior fails to block, he goes back to solo. If anyone goes AFK for more than 20 seconds, they get booted too.

Jesus, the mentality of some ppl gets worse, its a game for fun, its not fun for ppl to be refused a grp just cause they aint got all the uber gear, which they have trouble getting without a grp. Damned if they do damned if they dont.

Spoken as a true whiner !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by nott
questions to the whiners:

Is lair/yar the only places to get exp in this game? Cause it certainly sounds like you think it is.

is this sc-requirement so bad? I would think the bad is actually haveing to level a sm first, once you got that stinkin sm whats the problem in getting better equipped?

Even in the old days lair just functioned as a machine to get people the fastest possible way to 50 and not much else, so why would those "average" people who just seek fun and some pve challenges bother with lairlists anyway?

Its tempting to draw a quick conclusion that the whiners are just bein jealous that they can't get xp as fast as the ones at lair, cause if speed is not essential theres several places to go. Personally I love both Trollheim and Iarn.lair for instance.

Agree to that.. ppl who dont have a sm all yelling malmo is crap that sort stuff. whatever.. Go start ur own group there and go lvl ur chars

K

Krom

my 2 coins

it's right idea w/o questions
SM+1 means powerleveler and leacher
if powerleveler even don't attendet to get crapy SC only with caped con/dex/pie/slash (500g max)- why should I pwl him?
and even more:
skilled concentrate ppls, MCL/WP/MoM, in SC will allways have 1th rows in my lists

S

Soromaar2

ofc lair isnt the only place to go and exp..

lair is for ppl whith 3 comps and 5 acc´s
ppl whith money..poor can go to the less good places and exp

thinks of the good times when SB get invited in grps whithout PLbot...

B

Bure Ygg

LOL this is the dumest ide i have ever heard and i have been in midgard since the server went live ........ just 2 questions if you got all stuffs you need caped with epic etc why is that not as good as SC ? and how are you going to check if they have caped stats ? will it not take long time to look throu all sm:s equipment?

and 1 more thing if ppl can not play caster or are to lazy and dont recast self shields everytime you can have all your stuffs caped with SC and it will not do any drifferanc since drakulv will 1-2 shot you anyway :)

we dont need this bullshit midgard is enough fucked up as it is atm with all elite shit going one ...how are we going to get new ppl to join midgard if we close the door in the face of them with new fucked up rules ? and lair have always been the best place to lvl 40+ char IMO and now ppl try to get it even harder for ppl to go there and lvl

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by fragoverrule
Spoken as a true whiner !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maybe I am a whiner, why, cause ppl like me get sick and tired of l33t morons like you making up the rules.

I have an SM, and take advantage of lair / yar for a variety of reasons, PL, cash drops etc. However I tend to look at the bigger picture that so many "mememememememememememememe" ppl like you dont.

This game is designed for enjoyment of the many, not the few with 5 pcs and accounts and their m8s, but the whole realm. Lair is part of the realm and fast became the best spot for 43-50 leveling for all. Why should the many who dont have all the uber cash / drops / SCing suffer just for you?

Selfishness in Midgard is rife, glad I moved.

kthxbye.

O

old.anubis

This game is designed for enjoyment of the many, not the few with 5 pcs and accounts and their m8s, but the whole realm. Lair is part of the realm and fast became the best spot for 43-50 leveling for all. Why should the many who dont have all the uber cash / drops / SCing suffer just for you?

one sm playing without a staff (heard rumors about such strong roleplayers) can piss off 7 people in his group
what enjoyment are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread