Smoke me a kipper - Starting points for your toon can be changed! :> 1.89d

illu

Part of the furniture
Such a shame that you still can't change race...........I think I might make my kobbie slightly smaller and maybe less dex, more strength! :>

Archer Crit shot change / slight nerf, and also the Mauler's first small nerf?

The Camelot Herald

Character cusomization and other great things!

=========================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89d Release Notes
Character Customization and Sound Updates
May 10, 2007

=========================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Players can now customize their characters at any time using the Customize button on the character selection screen.

- In addition to modifying a character’s face, players may now modify starting stats. By default, after selecting Customize, a player will be presented with the character’s attributes as currently set. A new option has been added on the left side of the screen to reset these points. Players can re-allocate these points as they see fit, at any time. Players will then be able to move on to customizing the appearance of a character’s face, hair and height.

SOUND INTEGRATION

- With this version, there have been updates to existing sounds within the game. While we are focusing mainly on spell sounds, there will also be updates outside of that scope. Version 1.89d introduces only a few of the updated spell sounds while a later version will include a great many more.

- Lutes, flutes and drums have received a sound upgrade.

- Crafting failure, success, and masterpiece creation have received a sound upgrade.

- The sound which plays when a character is praying at their grave has been updated.

- The Berserker and Hero shapeshifting (Stag and Vendo form) sounds have been updated.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Archery

- Based on community and team lead feedback, we have re-evaluated and significantly reduced the miss rates of archery abilities. However, in order to maintain the integrity of the base DPS formula for archery, we will also be reducing the damage of archery abilities. Players should notice little, if any, change in the damage over time of these abilities once this change is made to Pendragon tomorrow morning (May 18th).

- A 10 second damage mitigation timer has been added to Critical Shot that will now reduce damage from all critical and power shots, from all archers, by 50% for the duration of the timer. This timer affects only the target, thus allowing the archer to change targets and still cause full damage to any target on which the damage mitigation timer is not active. During the last 5 seconds, damage will increase for each second up to full damage.

Mauler

- The Demand of Perfection line of casting time increases will no longer interrupt other players.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General

- Fixed an issue in Lyonesse where the water planes were mismatched. The water in this zone is now all one color and transparent.

Midgard Monsters

- The graphical issue with Champion Niel's face has been corrected.

Item Notes

- The treasure drops, Drevaul's Guard and Drevaul's Skewere will now be assigned the proper material type when dropped.

- A number of monster's treasure indexes have been adjusted to make the level of the drops match the level of monster involved.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Encounters - General

- The Steam Elemental will no longer give errors saying it is not visible when it plainly is.

- The Weakened Afrits now move a bit slower and have a slightly increased chance of dropping loot.

- The basic Afrit and Master Afrit are now much taller to help differentiate them from the Jannis.

- The basic Afrit will no longer be so easily interrupted while throwing weapons at players.

- The Bound Atlanteans can no longer be pulled far away from their Master Afrit.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
- In addition to modifying a character’s face, players may now modify starting stats. By default, after selecting Customize, a player will be presented with the character’s attributes as currently set. A new option has been added on the left side of the screen to reset these points. Players can re-allocate these points as they see fit, at any time. Players will then be able to move on to customizing the appearance of a character’s face, hair and height.

That's only a few years too late ! WD Mythic. Not :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
it should only have been an option for classes like bards who were clearly misled at creation.

illu

Part of the furniture
it should only have been an option for classes like bards who were clearly misled at creation.

OR shadowblades..........."make a kobbie and you shall rule the world! Dex is the key - the key to killing all, especially those zerging nooblet albs and the tree hugging hibs, who happen to have lovely luris that you have to be kind to, but otherwise IF ITS RED ITS DEAD!"

Saying that though, I wouldn't change my kobbie to norse for anything. Kobbie's are sexy and have longer schlongs :>
Actually, it might be nice having the better starting stats, strength and racial resists.
Hmmmmm - tough one.

Oli - Illu

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
OR shadowblades..........."make a kobbie and you shall rule the world! Dex is the key - the key to killing all, especially those zerging nooblet albs and the tree hugging hibs, who happen to have lovely luris that you have to be kind to, but otherwise IF ITS RED ITS DEAD!"

Saying that though, I wouldn't change my kobbie to norse for anything. Kobbie's are sexy and have longer schlongs :>
Actually, it might be nice having the better starting stats, strength and racial resists.
Hmmmmm - tough one.

Oli - Illu

i would change to Highlander and would become the most feard Scout i ever dreamed of :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Good change, I can go 18 strength on all casters now to carry all those tissues I need for when Becksvart emotes me 200 times in a row.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hehe about fucking time :D

But my shades 10 str 10 dex 10 qui at creation is actually perfect for me atm :D

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
to bad most of my stuff was super gimped by race selection

maybe the 5 points in charisma could be put into dex on my troll shaman and the world will be saved :puke:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda late yeah. But only giving it to bards as someone suggested wouldn't be good enough, simply because when the game was released, dex didn't affect casting times. So for that reason, I also didn't put dex at startup on my healer.
And I'm sure I'm far from the only one that did that.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Imo changing race/face/height/looks is crap :( I like it when you can actually tell who people are without having to read their name...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
yay, i can finally get red of that 5 points i put in str on my wiz :)

now give a race respec from avalonian to fish or saracen.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
15dex on druid, 15dex on 1st bard (lol, why did I make a 2nd one :p ), 15dex on healer, 15dex on RM, 15dex on chanter, 10 str/con/dex on ranger....gawd I will love this patch =)

Gilles

Fledgling Freddie
Fantastic news and yes, about time ! I can finally trade in the stoopid 10 points i spent between INT and CHA Pffft ! ( was 5 years ago !!)

Any Idea when patch 1:89(d?) goes ' live ' tho ? :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

Lol I started this game not knowing any forums or advice etc. just what the game suggested.

Guess who has a druid with 10 in str, con and emp? :eek6:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Dunno, wouldn't like change choices made back in the day. Sentimental and all that. Toons with 4-5 yrs played on em should have enuff rr by now to compensate anyhow and stick with their newbie choices. Not like it really makes much odds, should just give some roleplay function to redundant stats, /lol spam faster with higher quick, make clogs faster with more dex, whatever.

illu

Part of the furniture
Illusb i'm curious btw. How does one smoke a skipper?

You know it's a quote from Red Dwarf? I hope you've seen the programmes as they are so funny :>

Oli - Illu

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Imo changing race/face/height/looks is crap :( I like it when you can actually tell who people are without having to read their name...

Like me right?? You know the hunky norseman is me b4 ya even target me. :england:

Maybe it's the way i walk, got a hop to it. :)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Like me right?? You know the hunky norseman is me b4 ya even target me. :england:

Maybe it's the way i walk, got a hop to it. :)
It's actually amazing how many people in this game you can recognize just by the looks, even if they dye their armour! Always helped me alot in RvR aswell.
Not like it matters much now with 0 friends online on Dyvet anyhow. On avalon I didn't really get to know people much when I didn't even get to rr5 :/

Anyhow, the starting points is a nice change I guess. When I made the pala I saw that charisma made people like you alot easier (easier to get groups?!) and being a religious man ofc I wanted alot of piety to fight for the church of albion!

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
When I made the pala I saw that charisma made people like you alot easier (easier to get groups?!) and being a religious man ofc I wanted alot of piety to fight for the church of albion!

True Roleplayer :worthy:

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
My merc has 3 charisma, 2 piety, 2 emp, 2 intel

and he is staying that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom