Smite Clerics after DR

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick query :)

Not that they were crap b4 DR if played properly, but.. since in DR u can get access to some melee combat styles , is a smite cleric any better these days. From a Smite cleric + buffbott (ie 46-50 smite rest heal, not self enhanced) with the combat styles, or are the DR 2ndary class styles so piss poor its not worth it ?.

Iirc the cleric got a damn nice dps add buff and that 15% melee dmg buff, altho that would mean speccing buffs itself, i just wondered cos i may make one as a 2ndary char :)

Anyone tried it ?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Lol i really shuld read VN boards first. Well ok, it seems clerics get a lot cooler shit in 1.83, dunno if u got that yet, but anyway doesnt answer my question about the styles, thats what i wanna know.

And after reading that stuff , new heal smites and other fluff , ill deffo be making one once i got my bot ready xD

Fop diddly op

but anyway, aye about the champ lvl spec lines in melee, are they any good for non natural melee classes plz?

Dorimor1

Banned
I've always wondered how a smite cleric would do soloing, they'd probably be crap but with MoC shear + insta mezz then stun and nuke I doubt it could be too bad?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I know a couple of alb groups have run a smite cleric. You can, in optium conditions, do nice damage with them. Unfortunately for them to be totally effective you really do need a few RR's under your belt to allow for damage-increasing RA's. If you have a set group that don't mind, then it could be worth a try.

As for a solo cleric in RvR. Just doesn't happen. You'll find it hard to win the opening shot vs. most casters and tanks will most likely just charge you. Maybe fun in bridge-camping and the such however.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
I've always wondered how a smite cleric would do soloing, they'd probably be crap but with MoC shear + insta mezz then stun and nuke I doubt it could be too bad?

Shame you can't get a decent (PBAE) insta mez and shear then without losing some vital insta heals which you surely need if you plan on soloing.
CL line styles suck seeing as a Cleric doesn't get Tireless (give every damn class tireless..) and the low WS means you will get parry'ed or evaded or blocked about 95% of the time.
If you really want to have some fun in melee you should try Adrenaline Rush3 and BoF3 combined with those CL styles and pray they don't block/parry/evade too much.

Still think Enh is best to solo, shear your target so he has less defence/HP and basically unbuffed he will be more on par with you.
Any heavy tank is pointless to fight even if you completely shear them but I can't think of any casters you cannot kill with a solo Enh Cleric (yes that includes BDs).
With the highest range shears you normally already have an advantage and force the other caster to waste his QC/MoC but lose his most vital buffs in the process(dex, D/Q, int) in which case you can normally kite back to make him waste his MoC and the mage CL line for some extra disease kiting (shammy style).

Well in the end it's all up to you but I think it's pointless to go smite these days as killing something with a 750 range nuke seems so pointless combined with the fact you don't get focus or 8/9% spell damage like casters and with low smite you will normally still hit for 150-250 damage and even more on some targets that refuse to get decent spirit resists not to forget that your base smite has alot longer range than your spec smite (go figure).
And ofc if you rely on BB buffs you can get sheared yourself further putting your already pathetic damage down alot more.
Unless they increase the smite line by alot (and no Mr. Cleric TL not more damage spells..) then smite will stay dead.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
If you go smite you cant shear.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Well this is the thing, next patch clerics get some smites that also heal u, as well as a little extra fluff, and if i make a smiter ill be using a buffbott for his buffs, i dont really plan on soloing in RvR, unless ofc its Assassin tasks or if im really bored, cos if i go smite with a buffbott, ill have a fair bit of rejuv to back up grps (And itll be groups with mates not high RR elite grps etc so im pretty much garunteed the odd spot most of the time )

I know that a smite cleric CAN be efeective solo, my old mate Dawgeh could rip through people pretty easy if he got the stun off, and the pbaoe mezz is pretty nice if an assassin pops onb u (provided its not resisted) , i also mean for this for pve too, so i got bugger all downtime once i got FoP and cos i just like the lightning effects lol, but i dont wanna make a thane :D

Oh well, pity about the CL styles then, what CL lines would u suggest if i was to make this smiter.

Hmm thinking about it if i was gonna solo rvr id need to go warlord, but then that buggers me fop up, unless ofc my bot gets fop arrrgh.

Well well see.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
It still takes a long time to kill things as a solo cleric which means you'll end up getting adds almost every fight. PBAOE mez sure... once every 5 mins... great! And it doesn't work on albs still :p

Like someone said you can't have shears and high smite really. You need 32-38 enhance.. and really you need 36-38 for the good ones. That leaves you with a lvl 35 dd and NO heals.

If you can find a sorc or a theurg then you can have a great duo ... but most ppl are either "solo", fg or zerging so it's hard to find fair fights and you'll be leeching or running away alot.

If you want a solo healer class then try shammie tbh.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
It still takes a long time to kill things as a solo cleric which means you'll end up getting adds almost every fight. PBAOE mez sure... once every 5 mins... great! And it doesn't work on albs still :p

Like someone said you can't have shears and high smite really. You need 32-38 enhance.. and really you need 36-38 for the good ones. That leaves you with a lvl 35 dd and NO heals.

If you can find a sorc or a theurg then you can have a great duo ... but most ppl are either "solo", fg or zerging so it's hard to find fair fights and you'll be leeching or running away alot.

If you want a solo healer class then try shammie tbh.

Yeah but that means i have to roll mid >,< , i only know about 2 people there lol. Well hey, i do understand all these points tho, but tbh i think ill go ahead and make him anyway, they suck ass, but yay at least ill be recognised by the enemy as the only remaining smitey gimp out there, i really dont think they can be as bad as they sound tho, the only major concern i have myself is with the power usage, but if it allways goes really tits up once im in the 40-50s with it i can allways respec to rejuv/enhance and play it properly :)
ta for the advice tho :)

well see next patch if its gonna be allright :D

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
And if that dnt work i can make a 2h thrust pally :D

or a Pain necro

or a Earth Wiz (Actually theyre not bad at all)

or my old Rejuv Friar

The posibilitys are endless ^^

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
CL styles do very low damage. I only use them because a styled swing looks much better (but you better get a barrel of end reg if you plan to use CL styles). Also, you cannot use CL styles when Adrenaline Rush is activated.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Dont worry iam here to tell u something about how good smite clerics rly are.. dont listen to all them noobs..

First of all smite clerics can be very very good depending on how u play/want to play, or whats ur job in a grp is..

IN fg vs FG ive been both split and and full smite... 33 smite 42 reju/enha, if u trust ur other grp m8 it can work pretty good.... some times ive been in (allmost) un beatable grps with me as smite and 2 other clerics as healer ofc, my job was to interrupts caster and healers/droods etc worked out pretty well as allmost every1 left me alone as they thought i was healer...

Full smite spec is better imo... ive been mom/wp 5 and rest aug acuity and can nuke for 500 ish as most dont have resist... my cap was abit higher.. my biggest hit so far was on some hunter 651 with crit of 247...

I like the spec for solo too, ive beated 3 solo once sb hunter hunter, with both WH BoF3 and warguard + moc using pbaoe mezz (20secs) and use the close by DD (209 DD?) and u can heal ur self as well while u nuke.. wasent rly a big deal since i had all the toys up... But its defentlly a good laugh to win as ur class is abit gimped and ive have quite alot of angry pms etc saying "go F*** yours self" and so it makes your day, it rly does...

Ive been Smite so many times i cant remember it any more, i cant rly tell you if its awesome or not, some ppl like it other dont, but for its a gr8 laugh and biig boose when i kill some1 or more :p imo try its worth it

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
fyi - the smite heals suck ass... have a healer on US and they get it in pac and really sucks ass compared to grp/spread heal

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I can't think of any casters you cannot kill with a solo Enh Cleric (yes that includes BDs).
With the highest range shears you normally already have an advantage and force the other caster to waste his QC/MoC

Except for the fact that post 1.84 all buff shears in all 3 realms are the same range, i.e. alb buff hsears have been reduced in range.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Never played one but they look okay on paper to solo to me. Mid/hib won't have BB spirit resists and prolly crappy template resists, 5min timer on pbaoe CC is fine for solo (multiple CC is teh crack!), then if got the RR, BoF/warguard/MoC dump should be able to deal with stealth quite easy.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
Except for the fact that post 1.84 all buff shears in all 3 realms are the same range, i.e. alb buff shears have been reduced in range.

That's weird then because I can see no such change in the patch notes.
And even if they would they sure as hell make em 2.0sec cast speed then(shammy style) so you still win the interrupt on inc battle.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
That's weird then because I can see no such change in the patch notes.
And even if they would they sure as hell make em 2.0sec cast speed then(shammy style) so you still win the interrupt on inc battle.

my bad they havent been changed, dmg was removed from all 3 realms and druids got the following buff.

All Druid Shears now have a range of 1600 units, 2.5 second cast time, and the damage component has been removed.

Still to be honest I dont know many casters that lose to smite clerics and there are many smitors runnign round on US. Any lifetap class shouldnt lose and all hib casters should be able to win very easily.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
Still to be honest I dont know many casters that lose to smite clerics and there are many smitors runnign round on US. Any lifetap class shouldnt lose and all hib casters should be able to win very easily.

True to some extent, but I was talking about Enh Clerics, you would be amazed how fast a caster drops when he lost his S/C + con and being hit by 3-4 Zo pets and/or base unspecced smite, still a druid would make the best soloer out of all 3 main healing classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom