Smart phones

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm after a new phone, something that links well with Outlook (ie I'd like 'outlook in my pocket'), and has all the usual functions.

I've been looking at the new O2:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/...tails.jsp?prodID=consumer:O2:XDAExec:3G:GROUP

Which seems quite nice, although its a bit chunky. I think if it offers what I need I could live with the chunkiness, possibly using a bluetooth earpiece to make voice calls.

I also want the phone to be able to run TomTom - I'm presuming that such a device would be able to use the TomTom PDA software?

The other 2 suspects are the Nokia 6680 and Nokia N70 - which both use Symbian, and can both run TomTom Mobile.

Anyone ever had a smartphone? Was it a pain in the arse? I really do need combined diary/internet/satnav stuff.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Tom said:
I'm after a new phone, something that links well with Outlook (ie I'd like 'outlook in my pocket'), and has all the usual functions.

I've been looking at the new O2:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/...tails.jsp?prodID=consumer:O2:XDAExec:3G:GROUP

Which seems quite nice, although its a bit chunky. I think if it offers what I need I could live with the chunkiness, possibly using a bluetooth earpiece to make voice calls.

I also want the phone to be able to run TomTom - I'm presuming that such a device would be able to use the TomTom PDA software?

The other 2 suspects are the Nokia 6680 and Nokia N70 - which both use Symbian, and can both run TomTom Mobile.

Anyone ever had a smartphone? Was it a pain in the arse? I really do need combined diary/internet/satnav stuff.

I've got TomTom Mobile on my Nokia 6630. It runs really well. The symbian OS isn't without it's faults but it is quit versatile. The 6680 is the same phone with an extra camera and a flash. The N70 is pretty much the same phone too just with a bit more media emphasis.
TomTom lets you download info on speed cameras too and you can set up audible warnings if you're approaching a speed camera. You can even select how far away you are before it warns tou.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I didnt think the n70 was a full series 60 handset, it has a cut down Os from what I can make out on the Nokia site.

Those XDA things are very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom