WARHAMMER Smart Homes

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
May not be possible.

It might also not be possible to get workmen out in the current coronavirus climate :(
It is not like we are entering an Ice Age. Get some heaters to see you into summer if you really want underfloor heating. Anyway you are from Up North, you don't feel the cold :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway you are from Up North, you don't feel the cold :p
I didn't tonight:
View from atop Cadair Idris. No added filters!
20200319_182508.jpg I'm damn well going to make more of this with it being on my doorstep.

Well, as soon as possible :)

:)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
This is one of the reasons I haven't bought one of these things yet (Google snoopery is another). In theory I already have a two zone setup (actually three zones), but its not "smart" and has a horrible UX, so I'd be adding a Nest (or Hive) purely for ease of use, but I also don't think I need individual room controllability; I don't live in Blenheim Palace for fucks' sake, upstairs and downstairs would be fine. I don't really see much benefit in smart lights (not at current prices) and I already have a decent alarm. We have one of those Ring Bells (Amazon snoopery doesn't bother me outside the house) but I'm struggling to see any compelling reason to bring it all together.

I guess no-one has really convinced me of the Smart Home use case yet.

Smart lights are great when you walk out of the kitchen with an armfull of snacks and stuff.
Also pretty handy turning on downstairs lights from your bedroom if you have a habit of going for a stroll at stupid o'clock.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Smart lights are great when you walk out of the kitchen with an armfull of snacks and stuff.
Also pretty handy turning on downstairs lights from your bedroom if you have a habit of going for a stroll at stupid o'clock.

I use my elbow to turn the light off
I have a light switch at the top of the stairs for lights downstairs.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Feel like the edgiest of edge cases to me.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It very much depends on the house, older properties with thick walls and no cavity are often damp, keeping the heating on permanently is better because it dries out the walls, which keeps mould at bay but also vastly increases the insulation properties of the wall and means you need less heat once you have dried it out.

Insulation is everything, modern houses with tiny rads running on 10mm piping are nice and warm while older houses with huge rads and 200 a month gas bills still feel cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom