TV Smallville

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Enjoyed it, was a good way to bring back an evil Lionel Luther, which means he can recreate Lex in all his glory!

Gray

FH is my second home
Pfff theres already a thread up for this season somewhere here! Though i suppose there haven't been too many mindblowing episodes this season (With the exception of Homecoming)

But yeah the Luthor episode was a bit weird and confusing, never felt like it was going anywhere in particular.

While obviously the alternate universe had people who hated Clark Luthor, they didn't explain where the others had gone to. Chloe, Lana, the Kents, Doomsday and Kara etc.

Ultra-Man was somewhat interesting, especially not using his El insignia.

Overall i feel they need to pick up the show a bit, we're probably getting to the half way stage of the season now and it's dropping off a bit, it needs some more action.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Budget saving for the end of series blowout.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
im still hoping for a massive build up to the finale

Gray

FH is my second home
Halfway through the season now it seems, not gonna be on until near the end of January. Sighhh.

Pretty decent action in this episode, albeit the ending was "wtf??". Carter has been impressing me since Hawkman came onto the scene...

Carter :'(. I know it was inevitable he was going to die eventually ever since that episode near the beginning of the season. But aww :(

Gray

FH is my second home
smallvilleposter.jpg

GIEV

Season restarts next week i think, then thats it... :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Hm new episode which aired in US on Friday

I'm a bit 50/50 on it really! YES Clark flew, albeit in a dream world. So we're getting closer...

The episode was far too Matrix'y for me though, it just felt as if they completely ripped it off totally. It got better as it went on, but it was still a bit... hmm..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Complete MAtrix homage/ripoff(what you want to view it as). ot bad, fun episode, but still more stalling the inevitable.

Come on, last season, get on with it already :p

Gray

FH is my second home
Smallville Exclusive: Michael Rosenbaum Back For Series Finale! - TVLine

Awesome news.

A lot of old stars of the show have been returning this season, and it seems he was the only one hanging back. The only one missing now i think would be Lana, but frankly im not too fussed of her so *shrug*.

Onto the recent released episode. Highly enjoyed it.

It seems though that
Alexander Luthor/clone
is actually going to be
Connor Kent, aka, Superboy
, didn't really know much about him until it was mentioned a few days ago.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Haven't seen this for years -- does Tom Welling still follow the Joey Tribiani 'smell a fart' school of acting? That said I really enjoyed it when he was at high school but it became increasingly tenuous the older he got, and the supposedly 'portentous' moments became more frequent (and lamer).

Lana was also bloody annoying.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Latest ep;

Not sure about Alexander becoming Superboy, but well possible as giving Lex Luthor Superman powers would make the whole "smart vs indestructible" setting of Lex vs Superman pointless.

Since they completely tossed the Darkseid idea out, kind of hoping it escalates into a full on final battle with Superman(with proper outfit) vs Lex. The series as a whole hasn't had much of that, Lex being an evil genius ofcourse, but not really battling Superman.

It's surely building up, but they will either fail miserably or have a really great ending to the series.

If they keep true enough to the spirit of Superman = works.
If they bring out some hollywood new age crap ending = meh.

Gray

FH is my second home
Recent spoilers are confirmed it seems...

LGrabeel_Smallville_FirstLook_600.jpg

Its likely that they're going to send Connor/Alexander to the pararell universe to go and do battle against Ultraman

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jonathon should never have been killed off. Been a pet peeve of mine. Yes it different from the original series but that never felt right and always hoped he would appear back before the end of it.

Is such a shame that the final episode is about to be shown this week, really has had a lot of quality shows over the years and both me and the missus will miss it. Dont help that on top of this finishing, alot of shows we enjoy have been cancelled over the past few years, or facing cancellation. . . fecking clueless americans not knowing a good show when they see it :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I love this show, seen almost every episode. I think Season 10 is no where near as good as season 9 though. Rather than start to tie things up they keep adding more things, its going to be tough to pull it all in one 2 hour episode

I bet we only get 30 seconds of him in his suit, which i kinda like and hate at the same time

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I love this show, seen almost every episode. I think Season 10 is no where near as good as season 9 though. Rather than start to tie things up they keep adding more things, its going to be tough to pull it all in one 2 hour episode

I bet we only get 30 seconds of him in his suit, which i kinda like and hate at the same time

They have botched the Lex Luthor return, nothing in the penultimate episode even points to his return and yet he is Superman's arch-nemesis. Disappointing, they spent the money on filler over the last 6 weeks and it really shows.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Yeah all ive seen is fillers constantly and with 2 mid season breaks too makes it even more shameless. Ideally they should have had him don the suit end of season 9 to take on Zod and the others

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lex should have been sneaked in with glance shots, subtle hints etc but nothing has indicated he is still around for nearly 2 years. Now they are just going to drop him in and it doesn't even look like he is going to be the main villian for the final episode, what a fucking joke.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
The talk on the town, well the internet is Jor-El will do a mass memory wipe at the end which will bring the story similar to the original story of him turning up in the city like Superman 1

That of course is pure fan based speculation which i doubt will happen

Also another theory is he will lose his power to the gold kryptonite and Jor-El will give it back to him like a nod to Superman 2, which i dont think will happen. You cant have 3 episodes in a row with Clark having no powers

soze

I am a FH squatter
I bet the only time you see the suit is when he flies away at the very end of the episode as that is when he becomes Superman and Smallville ends.

As for Lex i think that is the Actor not the writers he agreed to a small appearance in the finale for the fans he did not agree to a major story line. I do not think we needed a lot of Lex just enough to make him the new Big Bad guy after Darkside is defeated, as they are just setting him up to be Superman's enemy not Clark's. But I agree there has been too many monster of the week episodes and the Darkside story has not really gone anywhere.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I dont think Darkseid will be a fight. I reckon all it will be is when he dons the cloak he balances good and bad...
as mentioned in the caves in the convo with Oliver
and darkseid will just leave as Clark has brought hope to people

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I bet the only time you see the suit is when he flies away at the very end of the episode as that is when he becomes Superman and Smallville ends.

As for Lex i think that is the Actor not the writers he agreed to a small appearance in the finale for the fans he did not agree to a major story line. I do not think we needed a lot of Lex just enough to make his the new Big Bad guy as they are just setting him up to be Superman's enemy not Clark's. But I agree there has been too many monster of the week episodes and the Darkside story has not really gone anywhere.

Nope, Michael Rosenbaum is a huge fan of the show but it seems that he was only prepared to come back if one of two things happened. Either they brought Lex back in a massive story with a budget to match or in a small role to re-introduce Lex but not as the main villian for the last episode. What he didn't want was to come back and just make another Lex/Clark episode on a normal budget, it either had to be balls to the wall or just enough to keep the fans wanting. I respect that. What I don't respect is CW not putting in place proper funding for the final episode of a show that has been a huge hit for them nationally, internationally, in the ratings and critically as well as on DVD boxset. Everything I have read over the last few months suggest that part of the the budget was just shifted from the previous 6 episodes to hold back money to fund a 'spectacular' finale. The thing is I doubt even doubling the budget is going to make it spectacular, especially when you consider the costs of having so many guest appearances that aren't really needed.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I like the guest appearances from previous characters. Its like giving them all one last chance to be part of the show, a little thank you so to speak

No Lana though, did i hear right that the toy maker said she was killed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom