Slow Crew on Vacation

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Alright folks, some of you may have noticed that Avalon has descended into a rediculous mess of Agramon zerging, 8v8 zone was dead on tuesday so despite having our set group rdy we had nothing to do.

That inspired some of us to check out Stonehenge cluster, we asked some questions and although it doesnt sound perfect anything is better than avalons zerg wars right now, so slow crew plus a couple friends are currently working up a mid group there. Its early days and we fully intend to 8v8 on avalon if the zone is busy (i.e. not just WolfBash and Harji's deliberately avoiding each other + us).

But in our spare time we'll be over there checking it out, from what we;ve seen, its a lot less zergy, people are actually trying to take keeps which means theres a lot more areas to roam, and a semi organised 8v8 scene, so we'll let you guys know if its worth a look :)

Cheers
Calmin

duact

Fledgling Freddie
all servers have their ups and downs, i agree that this last relic taking bullshit has destroyed any kind of normal rvr but hopefully it will go back to the way it was when evryone has their own relics again.

i have only played in 8vs8 zone one night since december (think it was last sunday) and it was great action. grps from all realms and lots of rps.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
You're free to go ofc., but like Duact said you can't expect any solid FG RvR when such a massive relicraid is going on. :p

Last night was complete shit for us, but last cpl weeks have been quite good actually.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
It was a German holiday apparently, which is why so many were on.
You should have come to agramon for a few runs, was just us and a hib group tbh for ages.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
You should have come to agramon for a few runs, was just us and a hib group tbh for ages.

It was a holiday in some parts of Germany and Switzerland. But on a day where 5 relics change hands can you really expect the RvR to be any other than zergy?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Well we managed to find some FG fights, whilst being regularly zerged ofc :p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with the above posters, how can u count on a proper 8v8 zone on a night of relic raids?

Few in panic have gone to the 8v8 zone with a greycon toon just to check fights and all say the action has been realy nice. so shouldnt draw too much conclution after 1 night of bad rvr tbh

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie

We tried... Couldn't get past our own mile gate before getting zerged :(

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
We tried... Couldn't get past our own mile gate before getting zerged :(

um are u sure u were on avalon? :p

whole of midgard painted red + green with everybody insta porting there, fg zone set as agramon and we couldnt even port to any keep.... and we still made it there just to fight the same hib fg over and over again. didnt see any zergs in agramon all night (they would have changed fg zone if this was the case). the hib grp we were fighting didnt seem to experience the same problems u say u had getting there and we fought them several times in a row..... ;)

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
First of all this was on monday. There was no insta port and 8v8 was completely empty. Agramon was, like most nights lately, just full of 4fg+ groups on stick. Shit shit shit.

Second i play here for 8v8 and nothing else. I couldnt care less if theres a relic raid or not. Theres plenty of people who can roleplay if they want to do that but for me keep siege and zerging is shit. So yes i would expect other groups to roam the 8v8 zone even if theres relic raids going on (which wasnt the case on monday iirc).

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Was plenty of action on Tuesday, will probably be ok tonight aswell, it normally is.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Guys dont think we made this decision on one bad night!

Most of you know us pretty well we're not quitters, Duact you fought us regularly when you guys were like RR5-6 and we were just templated months ago and we kept coming back for more, but lads the last few weeks have been the same, only 3 mid and 3 alb groups usually in 8v8 and they all leave as soon as Harjis and Mocbash turn up. The zerg zone has been just that, and im not talking bout relic raid nights, (we were on stonehenge that night btw) but just regular nights, we havent managed 1 8v8 fight in over 2 weeks of roaming out there, thats what inspired the move really.

Everynight we'll be on 8v8 irc channel and hoping the zone picks up cause it'll be nice to try and kite TT, chase NI, scream at each other on vent when fighting Xny, and run away from Harjis!

Also if you lads notice a change in the zerging habits let us know cause it'll be nice to come back. But in our spare time we'll be focussed on stonehenge.

Cheers

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
First of all this was on monday. There was no insta port and 8v8 was completely empty. Agramon was, like most nights lately, just full of 4fg+ groups on stick. Shit shit shit.

Second i play here for 8v8 and nothing else. I couldnt care less if theres a relic raid or not. Theres plenty of people who can roleplay if they want to do that but for me keep siege and zerging is shit. So yes i would expect other groups to roam the 8v8 zone even if theres relic raids going on (which wasnt the case on monday iirc).

um...

Alright folks, some of you may have noticed that Avalon has descended into a rediculous mess of Agramon zerging, 8v8 zone was dead on tuesday so despite having our set group rdy we had nothing to do.

thats from 1st post in thread and it clearly says tuesday as u can see and thats what i thought we had been talking about :p

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
thats from 1st post in thread and it clearly says tuesday as u can see and thats what i thought we had been talking about :p
And thats why i said monday in my post. However I dont see how tuesday night will make up for all the agramon zerging thats been going on for quite a while now. Im amazed at how people play on avalon. At least with iRvR theres a chance to meet other groups but with mindless zerging in agramon for weeks you really get bored of it fast.

And on another note, ive never seen an empty 8v8 zone on a monday so you start to wonder if this was just temporary or not.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Wouldn't like to presume your view point but from ours, tuesday night was the first one we've played whereby there were only a few FG fights. Even avoiding the zerg or going into agramon we got 4 or 5 if I remember right.

Every other night played (tuesday/thursday except the previous 2 weeks were monday/thursday) there has been plenty of FG action. MoCbash hasn't emptied any zones as they only really fight once every 10 minutes or so and people are still giving them a run for their money...

I can't really see that point of view that it's been crap when we go to the FG zone without any problems then stumble across 2 or 3 fights everytime before we get one of our own.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you all the best but from our point of view, the amount of fights has been staggering. If you want to meet more Dyvet reroll groups, you know where/when to find us :D

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously... ben writing tuesday was a mistake, he meant monday!!!

:)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Im a no mistake making machine!

Yeah i meant Monday!

It'll be nice if ze germans on Avalon go back to usual rvr, i.e. opening irvr ports and roaming a bit more rather than just zerging agramon, it'll give groups a chance to fight each other when theres no 8v8 zone.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Im a no mistake making machine!

Yeah i meant Monday!

It'll be nice if ze germans on Avalon go back to usual rvr, i.e. opening irvr ports and roaming a bit more rather than just zerging agramon, it'll give groups a chance to fight each other when theres no 8v8 zone.

Well i dont rly blame ze germans as it was goa/mythic who implemented the rp bonus in agramon, i.e.e every1 wants a bigger part of the rp-cook(ie)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well i dont rly blame ze germans as it was goa/mythic who implemented the rp bonus in agramon, i.e.e every1 wants a bigger part of the rp-cook(ie)

less AFK:ing somewhere and more grp:ing, kk?

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie

Same here mate I dont blame them either. It was a stupid thing of mythic to do but thats nothing new. All i will say is on Stonehenge agramons been empty or just the odd fg running through there on their way to enemy realms where all the action is. Even if thats quite zergy its an improvement overly avalon right now.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You guys go mid and don't tell me about it!? :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom