Slow Cooker

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Edmond said:
I thought the whole point of the slow cooker is that it uses the power of a light bulb, so it can be left on all day bubbling away and not cost much. if you need to put it in the oven (mine's electric) surely it would cost a fortune to leave the oven on all day?

The whole point of a standalone slow cooker is that, but slow cooking in the oven is perfectly normal especially for shanks etc :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
pots go ON the stove, not in it. since when do you know how to cook anyway?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Pots go in the garden with flowers in them

Yoni

Pot is put in a pipe :> oh I wish

TdC

ok @Deebs I have chosen to enlighten you.

I'm making a massaman. Here's a pic of the half finished product in the bottom part of the oven slow cooker:

2013-12-22 15.26.32.jpg

then I put the lid on like so:

2013-12-22 15.28.06.jpg

then it goes in the oven for a couple hours. Then I will take it out again and put in some leeks and red paprika (that doesn't really go with massaman, but hey ho I don't eat potatoes atm) and then back in for an hour. Om nom nom :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice but it is still a pot being put in a low heated oven.

TdC

Tbh I am unsure if this thing qualifies as a pot. In my own mind I refer to it as a "container". It's sort of tajine-esque as I have to soak the lid in water too. Still, call it a pot if you must; I'm slow-cooking a massaman curry in it and that's good enough for me :)

TdC

2013-12-22 15.03.55.jpg that's right :D

I actually bought that one earlier today to replace an aging veggie knife. I need to get the whetstone though: I use my Globals so much that even knives as good as those need the occasional onceover. That stone's expensive as fuck though 0o

russell

FH is my second home
Oo Thanks to this thread i am not panicking that my main oven has broken. I have popped my joint of beef in my slow cooker with onion, red wine and gravy. I browned it first and its been on low for a couple of hours. How do i know when its done short of cutting it in half? Can i leave it on low all night?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oo Thanks to this thread i am not panicking that my main oven has broken. I have popped my joint of beef in my slow cooker with onion, red wine and gravy. I browned it first and its been on low for a couple of hours. How do i know when its done short of cutting it in half? Can i leave it on low all night?

How heavy is it, and what temp is 'low' ?

TdC

what he said. also, if you have a cooking thermometer you could use that to tell.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Teeds, it's a pot. You are such a mug for marketing..... hipster!

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Am I the only one who when I saw the picture of that massaman, I immediately made the comparison of it with what you might find at the side of the street after a heavy night drinking? :eek:

TdC

Am I the only one who when I saw the picture of that massaman, I immediately made the comparison of it with what you might find at the side of the street after a heavy night drinking? :eek:

all the good curries look like puke/poo tbh :D

TdC

You what now?!
I have just sliced it in half to check. Its yummy!

I shouldn't have asked. Tbh it's been my studied opinion that Women Can't Cook since I was 18 years old :D

Yoni

TdC said:
I shouldn't have asked. Tbh it's been my studied opinion that Women Can't Cook since I was 18 years old :D

Bad TdC bad!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When i saw that massaman i just thought TdC can't pour worth sh*t without messing everything :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom