SLI how do i know?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just got a quad core computer and i am wanting to know how i know if it supports running 2 gfx cards it says it has 2 PCI express slots does this mean it can? it came with Geforce 8800 gfx card.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
It pretty much depends on the chipset the motherboard uses. If it's Intel i.e. P35 or X38 then it will probably support Crossfire which means you can use 2 ATI cards. If on the other hand your motherboard uses a nVidia chipset then it's likely you'll be able to use 2 nVidia cards in SLI.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The motherboard needs to be SLI compatible. Having enough ports isn't enough.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Mine is an Intel G33 express Chipset

Motherboard is MS-7358

Can any of you tech nuts tell me a few things like

How much memory it can hold? i know it has 4 memory slots so it must be quite abit

And more importantly is it SLI compatible BUT is SLI worth it as i have been looking at those beefy new Geforce graphics card that look like monsters would i even need 2 of them??

Help appreciated.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Mine is an Intel G33 express Chipset

Motherboard is MS-7358

Can any of you tech nuts tell me a few things like

How much memory it can hold? i know it has 4 memory slots so it must be quite abit

And more importantly is it SLI compatible BUT is SLI worth it as i have been looking at those beefy new Geforce graphics card that look like monsters would i even need 2 of them??

Help appreciated.

Ok it seems its defo not SLI compat but i dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing really also my eyes suck coz the card is a 8600.

Here is the specs of my comp

2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600; 2GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM; MSI MS-7358 motherboard; 2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 hard disks (RAID0); LG GSA -H44N DVD writer; Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB graphics; S-Video, HDMI, DVI-I out; Medion CT X948 Hybrid TV tuner; 7.1-channel Realtek High Definition integrated audio; gigabit ethernet; Windows Vista Home Premium; 1yr C&R warranty

PC Pro: Product Reviews: Medion MT 487 G

Not opened the box yet coz reading the review put me off slightly as they said : Given the small case, modest PSU and absence of fans, we'd hesitate to add a high-end graphics card,

Couldn't i add another PSU ? done it before with the one i have now and then add the new card if i kept it?

Or do i just fork out the cash for a 900 quidish Alienware PC where i know what i'm getting?

Dunno what to do whats others thoughts?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Medion? Take it back. Now.

Check the thread Mystic G made to see a decent pre-built pc.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah i think it will be going back tomorrow saw the cheap price for quad core on the front and my card came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom