Sex Sleeping with an African girlfriend (or not)

Err, should I ?

• Total voters

Nate

FH is my second home
So she's smoking hot, has a kid and you've never met the Father but she's told you a story, your in Africa and every 5th person has HIV..and you're thinking of shagging this bird?

Is that right?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I don't get how you arrive at those figures.

If it's 1 in 64000, how come the prevalence is as high as 1 in 20 - or 5%. I'm pretty sure not every single African has to have had sex 3200 times to get AIDS...

If it's 1 in millions then AIDS is spreading by magic over there...

I think the 1/8000 HIV+ female>mail transfer chance must be pretty innacurate? *googles*

There are a lot of different figures tossed around, so obviously there are a wide range of possible percentages you could come up with, as for 1/millions with a condom - sorry I forgot everyone in africa used condoms and there were no gay people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV

Chilly

Balls of steel
Tell her you'll only fuck her if you can go bareback anal. That way you're both deffo in it together.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Every rule has its limits

This is where "Every holes a goal" ends.

Everz

FH is my second home
Becare taking her anal.

It could lead you to this..

tumblr_kr7k1cctrE1qziqn9o1_500.jpg

opticle

Part of the furniture
Edit: MOTHER OF GOD@Formatting; tried to clean it up.. don't know what happened after I hit 'post', soz !

Wikipedia steal (but it all agrees with what I learnt from papers / books a few years back)

The more acts performed and the greater the duration of exposure, the greater your risk, obviously.

------------------
Estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV by exposure route[31][32]
Exposure Route and Estimated infections per 10,000 exposures to an infected source
Blood transfusion
9,000 (90%)[33]
Mother-to-child, including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding (without treatment)
2,500 (25%)[34]
Mother-to-child, including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding (with optimal treatment)
100–200 (1%–2%)[34]
Needle-sharing injection drug use
67 (0.67%)[35]
Percutaneous needle stick
30 (0.30%)[36]
Receptive anal intercourse (2009 and 2010 studies)
170 (1.7%)‡ [30–890][37] / 143 [48–285][32]
Receptive anal intercourse (based on data of a 1992 study)
50 (0.5%)[38][39]
Insertive anal intercourse for uncircumcised men (2010 study)
62 (0.62%)a [7–168][32]
Insertive anal intercourse for circumcised men (2010 study)
11 (0.11%)a [2–24][32]
Insertive anal intercourse (based on data of a 1992 study)
6.5 (0.065%)[38][39]
Low-income country female-to-male
38 (0.38%)‡ [13–110][37]
Low-income country male-to-female
30 (0.3%)‡ [14–63][37]
Receptive (female) penile-vaginal intercourse
10 (0.1%)[38][39][40]
Insertive (male) penile-vaginal intercourse
5 (0.05%)[38][39]
Fellating a man
1 (0.01%)†b[39]
Man being fellated
0.5 (0.005%)†b[39]

And : In high-income countries, the risk of female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act and male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act. For various reasons, these rates are 4 to 10 times higher in low-income countries.[37] The rate for receptive anal intercourse is much higher, 1.7% per act.

Evidence suggests circumcision can help significantly (~50% reduction in transmission) and a condom reduces risk by about 85%.
--------------------

The risk is still there but you should be fine. Get tested afterwards (8-12 weeks after) to be sure. Don't do it if its going to ruin the experience and the next two-three months after (think about every time you sleep with someone else.. etc.)

Antiretrovirals are very good these days and if you're fortunate enough to live in the Western world, HIV can be controlled relatively well and you can live a pretty normal life. Still awful though.

The rates always baffle the hell out of me, as they sound so low it's dangerous to tell people about them - but I know of enough who "had a stupid night" and have regretted it for the rest of their (shortened) lives.. I think it's all about repeated exposure at the time of maximal viral load (8-12 weeks and toward the end) that really screw you..

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
So it basically comes down to:

"So she's smoking hot, has a kid and you've never met the Father but she's told you a story, your in Africa and every 5th person has HIV..and you're thinking of shagging this bird?"
VS
"Your chances of catching the hivvy from an unknown african girl assuming you don't do anal is 1/64,000"
Bottom line being:
"The risk is still there but you should be fine. Get tested afterwards (8-12 weeks after) to be sure. Don't do it if its going to ruin the experience and the next two-three months after (think about every time you sleep with someone else.. etc.)"

And end result:
I'll stay in my own pants. Shame though.
Ps. She says she's been tested negative, but I've been here long enough not to be so naive as to trust without going to the clinic together.

Cheers.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Nope. Wouldn't do it.

Also, you say she's smokin'

Pics or it didn't happen tbfh.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Should have gone for the blowie but kept a condom for reserve too. Not a difficult decision.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm just wondering if Sarry goes through this whole moral dilemma and/or checklist with any random totty in (insert homeland here) too, or if it's down to having a rubber or not.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
you ain't a man, 'til you had a tan! Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie that came from. Seriously, if you do go for it wear a condom. Regardless of how nice she is you just never know for sure.

Aids is much more higher percentage in some African countries. Africa has 2/3 of the known HIV cases in the world and around 1.5 million people die of AIDS in Africa a year! It is much more prevalent in the poorer countries like Rawanda, DRC etc.

Good site with details about the fight against HIV in Africa here.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
No reflection on the woman in question, but I think I'd have passed as well. You never know when the convenient cave you choose to park your Millennium Falcon in will turn out to be the Great Pit of Carkoon after all.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Disagree because of the aids ridden references in that post :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Ask if you can just skip to the end and nut on her face. Risk-free. I'm sure she'll understand.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Seen as this thread appears to be heading in a general star wars direction

tits-or-gtfo-3450_preview.png

Litmus

Resident Freddy
rather than all these stats, wouldn't the easiest thing be to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom