Games Skyrim

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Little hint for you all; there's a Temple that you have to find with a man and a woman - DO NOT take any extra followers with you on this quest, otherwise they'll be a nightmare, trust me, just do not do it.

hope I didn't give too much away :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
play on a pc with a monitor not a silly console on tv and if you playing pc on a tv go shot yourself :)

In all seriousness (and before I make an incorrect purchase...), what's the main advantage of buying it for the PC? I'm assuming the graphics are better if you have the kit, not to mention better controls in the way of keyboard / mouse?

The reason I ask, is that my PS3 is hooked up to a 52" Bravia with (and I don't mean to boast..) awesome speakers so it's likely to be a much more cinematic experience than on my PC with desktop speakers and a 24" monitor.

If someone could detail exactly why I should trade that for the PC version, I'm all ears as I am genuinely unsure which version to get. Halp?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Buy it for PS3. Pirate for PC. Then decide for yourself which gives you the best experience. Problem solved.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Another thing the PC has over ps3/xbox is console commands which will save your arse when (not if) you encounter a bug... there a loads of them.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In all seriousness (and before I make an incorrect purchase...), what's the main advantage of buying it for the PC? I'm assuming the graphics are better if you have the kit, not to mention better controls in the way of keyboard / mouse?

The reason I ask, is that my PS3 is hooked up to a 52" Bravia with (and I don't mean to boast..) awesome speakers so it's likely to be a much more cinematic experience than on my PC with desktop speakers and a 24" monitor.

If someone could detail exactly why I should trade that for the PC version, I'm all ears as I am genuinely unsure which version to get. Halp?

The mods you can get now and in the future .. just look at oblivion you can mod it in to an entirely different game now tbh
Better gfx than consoles
Better load times usually.
The console to save your arse as been mentioned.

But the main advantage is the modding communities that tend to solve things that the makers sometimes over look as well as making a lot of improvements :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, isn't it lollable 720 resolution on the PS3?

opticle

Part of the furniture
I've just started.. with work I can't play that much..

Went for a high elf archer / mage type.. Not even learned shouts yet but enjoying shooting stuff with the bow :D I like the look of the perk system.. do I get one every level ?

Personally I like it if so.. gives more freedom and fun to folk like me who don't have time to play the game four times over in a month or two :)

Also, how the fuck do I undraw my bow ? Sick of firing arrows into the ground XD

Is there any thing I should try to do specifically to not miss out on anything sweet ?
I hate it in RPGs when you miss out on the uber thing in the game because you don't know all the geek shit about how to level stuff up properly, find the magic dragon to have as your steed and all that rubbish (read something about smithing?).

I don't really understand smithing and enchanting and alchemy but I hear they're a good idea.. I normally forget these bits in games as they distract from the action and pwning shit :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
Also.. armour and mage-ing / archer.. what's the deal ?

Yes I am uber RPG noob.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Why don't you just hook your computer up to your TV? I'm assuming that since your computer can run the game you have a Graphics card with either 2 VGA ports, 1 VGA & 1 DVI/HDMI port or 2 DVI ports.

Also, as an Archer I recommend levelling up Smithing Alchemy and Enchanting as high as possible. Then find/buy/steal all the items of Peerless Alchemy you can find. Make about 10 potions of fortify Smithing. Then smith your armour and bow to make them legendary. Also, the Daedric Bow and Daedric Arrows do the most damage. Even better if you enchant the bow with a fire proc.

Edit: There's also a tactic, actually a slight exploit, that will allow you to level up Alchemy quickly. For details IM me =P

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I've just started.. with work I can't play that much..

Went for a high elf archer / mage type.. Not even learned shouts yet but enjoying shooting stuff with the bow :D I like the look of the perk system.. do I get one every level ?

Personally I like it if so.. gives more freedom and fun to folk like me who don't have time to play the game four times over in a month or two :)

Also, how the fuck do I undraw my bow ? Sick of firing arrows into the ground XD

Is there any thing I should try to do specifically to not miss out on anything sweet ?
I hate it in RPGs when you miss out on the uber thing in the game because you don't know all the geek shit about how to level stuff up properly, find the magic dragon to have as your steed and all that rubbish (read something about smithing?).

I don't really understand smithing and enchanting and alchemy but I hear they're a good idea.. I normally forget these bits in games as they distract from the action and pwning shit :)

It's the unsheath weapon button to cancel a drawn how. It's x on the Xbox.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I love my stealthy dual wielding archer. reminds me of my ranger in daoc.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I love my stealthy dual wielding archer. reminds me of my ranger in daoc.
I think that's why FH love the game so much, I have a Warrior thing, with massive defences and I don't take any damage what so ever, but I also rape stuff quite quickly.

opticle

Part of the furniture
My fucking idiot companion Lydia just allowed herself to be fried by a dragon. Now she's gone for good. That's irritating. Have hired some twat with a dagger to replace her.. it's not going well.

Also, the interface / controls suck.. if they'd worked a bit harder on that :/

Where can I sell all the damned circlets I'm carrying around ?

:mad:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

dude for me seriously it's the mods. I've got uber high res textures, real looking flames, better skies and trees and people and stuffs. it's like a whole new game. now if only they frigging had not patched the fucking dragons, cos I had no problems at all until after the last patch. then for the first time, I had bugged dragons. boo, hiss, etc.

Access Denied

My fucking idiot companion Lydia just allowed herself to be fried by a dragon. Now she's gone for good. That's irritating. Have hired some twat with a dagger to replace her.. it's not going well.

Also, the interface / controls suck.. if they'd worked a bit harder on that :/

Where can I sell all the damned circlets I'm carrying around ?

:mad:

Blacksmiths will buy your armour/weapons/ores/ingots etc. There's also a thing that if you save after emptying out a merchants Gold, kill them, then load the save their inventory and gold will have restocked. (Not tried it myself)

opticle

Part of the furniture
I've recovered from my grief over Lydia now. Now I just kill the females (or males tbh), strip them naked and then animate their corpses. I think I'm dealing with loss really well this time.

Has anyone noticed sometimes enemies just stop attacking you ? Makes things a bit easy.. though tbh I'm always getting owned :)

Access Denied

Hah, do the companions quest line, you get them as followers and they're immortal =P

Access Denied

I can't stop listening to that song. Awesome version. Even getting to memorise the Dragon speech =P

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin
Naal ok zin los vahriin
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal
Ahrk fin norok paal graan
Fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal

She sounds like Sarah McLachlan and tbh a female singer will get no higher praise from me than that. Such an amazing voice.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hah, do the companions quest line, you get them as followers and they're immortal =P

They're not that immortall - I managed to kill Aela the Huntress, and now am waiting for Farkas to go the same way. Luckily the entire clan of companians are willing to follow me, so I know there's at least 4/5 more waiting for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom