Help sky router

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Righto, I am on sky adsl now, and have their router.

I plugged it in to my lovely netgear router and thankfully everything just works.

Now I want to use my old netgear router for wireless and want to turn the wireless radio off on the sky router. The problem is they do not seem to provide you with a login for their router - anyone know if they will provide this, or do they lock you out on purpose?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
By login, do you mean login to the actual router? if so the default is usually User:admin Pass sky

If you want your sky username and password you need to use this website.

The problem with sky is that you have to use their routers with their firmware, and they are underpowered without external antenna's and made as cheaply as possible by netgear and sagem. They won't provide a wireless extender / repeater either.

It was a lot of hassle to set up a wireless bridge on sky and they were of no help whatsoever.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Admin for the username and sky for the password by default on mine. They let you into router config nps.

If you change the ADSL modem they can get shirty and even cut you off.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thanks guys, will try when I get home. I'm not going to change the router, I've simply connected it to my super dooper cable router. So all my devices connect to that rather than the shitty sky one.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It will be the username/pass already mentioned fella. There's also a fairly handy sky router utility on the net somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you. Lets you get things from the router directly without having to interface with Sky.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
It will be the username/pass already mentioned fella. There's also a fairly handy sky router utility on the net somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you. Lets you get things from the router directly without having to interface with Sky.

I could be wrong, but there used to be a couple of utility's for skys netgear routers, and then sky did a firmware update which borked them all. They allowed you to turn on things like the telnet daemon and set target noise levels and auto resync ect. Sky didn't like it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I could be wrong, but there used to be a couple of utility's for skys netgear routers, and then sky did a firmware update which borked them all. They allowed you to turn on things like the telnet daemon and set target noise levels and auto resync ect. Sky didn't like it.

An old DAOC friend used to work for Sky and the reason they don't like that is they are constantly tweaking the same things to get the most out of their network its why your not allowed to change routers. He is the one that told me they just disconnect you if they find you using a different Modem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom