TV Sky Q

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone got it? I'm trying to figure out whether to move from Virgin Media (because I never, ever get even slightly close to the 200Mb I'm supposed to get, and neither does anyone else I know) to Sky Fibre (100Mb) and get Sky Q. It seems to be pretty expensive though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone got it? I'm trying to figure out whether to move from Virgin Media (because I never, ever get even slightly close to the 200Mb I'm supposed to get, and neither does anyone else I know) to Sky Fibre (100Mb) and get Sky Q. It seems to be pretty expensive though.
I get close to 150Mb that i am on most of the time with virgin when it isnt capped from the providers end.

Steam etc i get cap

Must be your region.

As for sky q hmmm. Dont think it would change my provider in itself. I love tivo.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sky broadband is wank, they're one of the few companies that don't just resell bt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sky broadband is wank, they're one of the few companies that don't just resell bt.

Different over here; Sky resell Eircom, both for DSL and Fibre. I wouldn't touch the DSL with a bargepole but fibre is supposed to be pretty good. As for Virgin, they advertise faster and faster speeds (360mb now) but I don't know anyone who gets close to it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Virgin Media round my way is a mixed bag. Sometimes I can max it out and other times it's awful. Also trying to play games like SF5 on it is frustrating because my pings (out to large internet sites, not other players) can be 20ms one minute and then 3548ms the next. I suspect the contention on my street is fucking huge :(

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Heard mixed reports on Sky Q, where people have gone back to old boxes

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Virgin Media round my way is a mixed bag. Sometimes I can max it out and other times it's awful. Also trying to play games like SF5 on it is frustrating because my pings (out to large internet sites, not other players) can be 20ms one minute and then 3548ms the next. I suspect the contention on my street is fucking huge :(
must be your contention as you say as i dont have an issue with my ping bouncing around its always consistant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom