Advice Sky + HD

sayward

Resident Freddy
For all those who laughed at my use of VHS; this morning my Sky box had switched off, took ages to get it to switch on. Then no planner etc. Ages on the phone to Sky to do a planner 're boot' which did not work. so had to do a system re set which deletes everything recorded or planned. We'd used 50% of the bigger memory! I am fit to slit my wrists. Especially when I realise the whole thing has wrecked the signal going to my other tvs!

sayward

Resident Freddy
advice from Sky was to use Catch Up. But it only goes back 7 days!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Once again been away for the weekend and my Sky box has crashed. Have lost everything again. by deduction I think it's when I try and set a recording remotely. Anyone else had a problem with this?

finally Sky are coming to look at box but of course they've left it til the warranty has run out.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Solution get virgin Tivo box and have the hardware always owned by the supplier :) no warranty buy another box issues then

Also had Tivo over 2 years now and never had a problem with my box not recording or losing anything

sayward

Resident Freddy
And even tho we have BT Infinity downloading from I player is taking hours and hours.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Mmm I think my box has crashed about twice in the 2 years I've had it. I use remote record from the Sky website quite a lot.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Moved house so have new dish on the chimney. Keep losing signal because the bloody jackdaws keep sitting on it. Bloke says he can do something to dissuade them. Or do I just insist he moves it down the side of the house?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Moved house so have new dish on the chimney. Keep losing signal because the bloody jackdaws keep sitting on it. Bloke says he can do something to dissuade them. Or do I just insist he moves it down the side of the house?
Dissuade them ? Get Thod out with his guns to shoot them hehe

ECA

I am a FH squatter
And even tho we have BT Infinity downloading from I player is taking hours and hours.

Infinity delivers a reliable signal because it's your house>the cabinet distance that matters, and in almost all circumstances you should be getting full speed.
Iplayer should be blazing fast.

If you're then using wifi you will suffer slower speeds, I dunno how your home network is setup but you could get some cheap powerplug wifi extenders, or try and use a wired connection wherever possible.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
An hour program on Iplayer is about 4.5gb in HD, I find it comes down pretty fast with infinity. My SKY box is wired and not wifi though and I get about 65mbps down

sayward

Resident Freddy
Think the downloading is quicker since we moved.

Bloke has stuck spikes on the long bit! like the builders put on our chimney. So we'll see.

Yes I'd love to shoot them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom