Help Sky fiber router/modem

JBP|

Part of the furniture
My bt openreach modem has got itself stuck in a reboot loop, tried all the turn it off and back on again bullshit but it's still stuck. So i rang up sky who did a line test ect, then told me bt don't do the fiber modems anymore and they will send me a new modem/router in 3-5 days.

So I have been looking at buying a new/better router/modem but it seems it wouldn't work without the sky auth details which sky wont tell you. There are programs you can use to find them but I can't use them without internet access.

So am I fucked or what?

Syri

FH is my second home
You can always just set the sky one up as a modem only (basically just disable wifi on it), plug one of the ethernet out sockets to the internet in socket of your router of choice (just make sure it's a cable router, not one with built in adsl) and that will just use the sky one to get the signal in, but your preferred one to shoot it round the house

JBP|

Part of the furniture
It's the white Sky router which i believe doesn't have a modem in it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yes you are fucked. You need to wait for your new Sky Router before you can use the site to get your credentials as the sites use the Serial Number and something else off the router.

If you were really desperate you could buy a third party VDSL modem router and try the credentials generated using the info from your existing router. But I have never done this with Fibre only ADSL so I do not know how well it will work.

Starman

Part of the furniture
You might be able to re-flash the firmware depending on what stage the modem is rebooting at. Although it will depend on what specific version and model of OR modem you've got.

You'll be able to find out by looking at the label on the bottom of the modem.

Further details - http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm

JBP|

Part of the furniture
The power light comes on solid, Lan1 light comes on then the power light flashes and both lights go out. Then the cycle repeats. The dsl light doesn't come on at all. So no internets. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom