Skills in daoc?

D

deygos

i gotta say i agree with karam 100% <5% skill 95% decisions)

go play a FPS like ravenshield or somit and its kill or be killed skills that r needed

the first thing you have to realise tho is that DAOC is a TEAM game (with the exception of stealther classes) so there's this element of reliance on others decisions that makes one fg better than others, a team that knows each other well etc can be more fluid/effective in rvr

95% of this game is just about decision making, the first 10 seconds of every INC the decisions you make can determine whether you live or die, the more you rvr the more you pickup on this

its not as simple as ok i'm gonna nuke that caster, you've gotta look at who's going for who, are you overrun? wot about the 4infils that just unstealthed on your druid? or the incoming 2nd wave behind the group your fighting etc, you might still get rpts by wiping 80% of them (albs:D ) but if everyone makes the right decision you can wipe all of them

fk i'm late for work

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by AbPoon
Stop using my material Karam you limp wristed chimp.

WTF, you material!?!?!? fuck off, i fucking created your material. im the original, your a wannabe

fuckin noob

ps, i read that one coz it was short. and abpoon is a poof

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Karam_gruul

WTF, you material!?!?!? fuck off, i fucking created your material. im the original, your a wannabe

fuckin noob

ps, i read that one coz it was short. and abpoon is a poof

HAHAHAHAHA pwned Karam.

Again

IRL

GUNERR WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU???????????????????????????

And yeah i am a wanna be noob but i just cant stop pwning, know what i mean? "nuff said"

T

tut-ankh-amon

LOOOOOOL

Rofl CS are you fxcking serious???

What l337 skillz are required to download a program?

What l33t skillz are required to install it?

What l337 skillz are required when u can see through walls right click mouse and headshot?

PLZ tell me........

Yea i played cs, i was happy when i had a kill rate of 10/100 wow great 95 of those death i took was from headshots, i got me some hacks saw how l337 those ppl were killing me allthe time and beeing nr1 in stats etc etc, 1 hour after trying those l337 programs i quit CS for life. Cant be arsed to play a game where u can get a lame program to feel uber l337 killer, no thx.

V

VodkaFairy

This is skill:

skill.jpg

There is some skill involved with the game but it's more about having fun like Tanky said. The faster your reflexes are, the better you can anticipate enemies, the more effective you can use a bar of mana or endurance are things you can considder skill in the game.

When a tank switches target to protect a support class / mage is something you can call skill. Or when a mage switches target to interrupt / kill an enemy that is a huge threat to the group you can call it skill. Knowing when to run is a skill too.. etc. There are many examples but "skill" in this game doesn't really matter much, as long as a person knows how to play his class (pressing the right buttons) it's good enough already.

If you can accomplish your goals in this game and have fun doing it then who cares about skill? Luck is a big factor in the game too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom