Site keepsakes

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Got up in the middle of the night not so long ago and totally wiped my site off the server. Just using the site now as it I intended to do a long time ago - just a place to keep links (maybe mess about on the forum too). That is why the site was called 'Sites-4u.com' I suppose. If you have any interesting sites you have seen, or they could be your own, then it is a simple matter to navigate to the correct category (or even submit a new category) for the links. The site might meet some purpose eventually. Will help stop me loosing track of interesting sites after re-installing windows whilst forgetting to backup my bookmarks etc. Various pages are available for links. One is for reciprocal linking but the others are not and will accept any submission. Got my hands on a link exchange program today and ripped it apart to suit the rest of my site and even got it to run downloadable software. Great script though a little buggy. The link to the software is on the bottom of my site pages. Can't see me ripping the site apart for a long time now as I got other things to occupy my restless brain :) , so your links will be secure.

Regards
MKJ

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Will help stop me loosing track of interesting sites after re-installing windows whilst forgetting to backup my bookmarks etc.

You might want to take a look at Delicious for online bookmarking. It's one of those "transforms the way you use the internet" type services. Very good indeed.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Its still just a few thousand affiliate links - so your post is still just pointless spam.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Its still just a few thousand affiliate links - so your post is still just pointless spam.

Nice reply. Moronic for sure. Probably never ventured off the first page. Come to expect such replies off people on this forum to be honest. can't see beyond their own nasty narrow outlook. Broaden your mind a bit dear cos it in a right mess at the moment.

As for the other directory mentioned well it just looks overcomplicated and a bit of an eye sore. Much rather develop my own. As I said - my own. Will have just as much fun using it for my own purposes even if no-one else ever finds the site.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Your entry for 1&1 Internet - "1&1 Internet is the world's largest website hosting provider" - May want to check but i believe GoDaddy has overtaken them recently.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Draylor is right though, it IS just affiliate links, I personally do not really like these sort of sites, it reminds me of site which take advantage of misspelt URLs to advertise things. (Such as http://www.formla1.com/)

It also just seems to be a Del.icio.us clone.

At least this version of your site loads quickly, the previous one was rather slow.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
MKJ said:
Probably never ventured off the first page.
I did, your 'site' is the same pile of shit it always was.

Sheepcow why is this spambot not banned yet? :fluffle:

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:
I did, your 'site' is the same pile of shit it always was.

Sheepcow why is this spambot not banned yet? :fluffle:

On the grounds that the Web Dev forum is normally a fluffy place, could I ask that when people have problems with posts like this, they just use the "Report to Moderator" button and make their complaint via that. It beats having flame wars amongst such a small group.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
It may normally be a fluffy place, but its also normally a spam-free place until the village idiot wanders in with his latest "please click my links I wanna get rich quick" junk.

The thread is entirely content free so I fail to see the harm in laughing at its resident idiot.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor you are unbelievable. You have a bee in your bonnet for sure about me. You do know what open-source means etc which really what my post was about. The affiliate links you mentioned are on the first page which will be redone soon. Even so I still use the site to find something or other and the stuff on there is good. I told you to venture off the first page cos if you do - left side links - you will find trial software for download - opensource links - and when I get around to it tons of interesting sites on the net. Sounds like a good idea to me. As for wanting my site to be popular I don't think I would have ripped it apart practically once a week for so long. I ENJOY REDESIGNING and doing so scares everyone off the site for sure. More of less the point of my post was how certain scripts can be utilized to become something they never started out to be - mainly this one:

eSyndiCat demo

Which within a few hours I have turned into this to drive my downloadable software section:

Software section

Now that to me is pretty impressive and even the guy that develops eSyndiCat said I had done great work. How many of you lot could have done that in just a few hours?

Eh this forum is about web-development isn't it?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The only affiliate links are on the front page? Uh, what?

The front page is a mass of links, to various sections of the site.
Each section lists a number of web traders.
Each traders page contains a link - with embedded affiliate link - to their site.

Now its just possible, maybe, that tucked away in some obscure corner of the clusterfuck you call a 'site' is a useful page: but I really cant be arsed looking for it. Either the sites main purpose is what 95%+ of the area of the main page is focused on (ie affiliate link spamming) or your in no position to be creating threads offering advice on a webdev forum.

Highly amusing that your original post was "really about" open source software or some esyndicat thing: neither of which you mentioned at the time.

Still just a spambot :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Is it me, or is none of that software open-source, it looks more like shareware. I thought open-source meant you could view the source code.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
The site comprises of 6 sections. UK Websites (affilation) - World wide (also affiliation when I get around to it) - Software (downloadable/trial sofware - affiliation too but how else this would work I have no idea) - Opensource Sites - Friendly Sites (reciprocal) - Other Sites. At the moment the first page is UK Websites and to navigate to any other section requires you to click on the links to the left - big deal. This first page will be redone soon to take away the emphasis from UK Websites. All the links on the right of the first page are just UK Website links so clicking on them is a waste of time.

By the way joining affiliation companies for links is a good idea as you get tons of info about promotions and even discounts you can pass on to any visitor. Just so happens I can't be arsed to do it. Still think the site will be a great place to locate anything to do with webdesigning soon. F*** the affiliation links but then again if you need to locate something there they are. Too much work gone into them to ditch them now.

Is it me, or is none of that software open-source, it looks more like shareware. I thought open-source meant you could view the source code.

You must be on the Software page - sheesh my navigation must stink. Click on the home icon - very top upper left and then click on Opensource. Stuff on there are exactly that - opensource.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
MKJ said:
You must be on the Software page - sheesh my navigation must stink. Click on the home icon - very top upper left and then click on Opensource. Stuff on there are exactly that - opensource.

Ah, ta, I was looking in the wrong place.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Miss Crabapple: Have you ever read 'The Boy That Cried Wolf!'?
Bart Simpson: I'm halfway through I swear!

I think the problem is that people have had enough of your site changing announcements, mostly because they put the effort into answering you the first 20 times and feel their advice was wasted I'm guessing.

Personally I'm not that bothered, but I do think the site is always the same stuff no matter what you do. I said it before ages ago that you need original content on there or it wont amount to anything. I also said you have to stop changing it and you keep on coming back saying this is the last time.

Even if it wasn't mostly affiliate links, which it is, it's still just yet another link farm amongst thousands of other link farms. I know you can do better so why are you wasting your time making such shit?

Google already got link farming off to a tee, why not try something completely different but don't come and tell us about it until it's already done and your site is super finished and fantastic and famous et cetera?

That's what I think anyway, not meant to be insulting just the way I see it.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Don't worry. It's not only Draylor. I thought your site was a load of shit as well. I just didn't say anything.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
JingleBells said:
Is it me, or is none of that software open-source, it looks more like shareware.
Shareware that also runs an affiliate program? :p

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Miss Crabapple: Have you ever read 'The Boy That Cried Wolf!'?
Bart Simpson: I'm halfway through I swear!

I think the problem is that people have had enough of your site changing announcements, mostly because they put the effort into answering you the first 20 times and feel their advice was wasted I'm guessing.

Personally I'm not that bothered, but I do think the site is always the same stuff no matter what you do. I said it before ages ago that you need original content on there or it wont amount to anything. I also said you have to stop changing it and you keep on coming back saying this is the last time.

Even if it wasn't mostly affiliate links, which it is, it's still just yet another link farm amongst thousands of other link farms. I know you can do better so why are you wasting your time making such shit?

Google already got link farming off to a tee, why not try something completely different but don't come and tell us about it until it's already done and your site is super finished and fantastic and famous et cetera?

That's what I think anyway, not meant to be insulting just the way I see it.

Well the way I see it is if you keep doing the same old thing it becomes boring. This way I can post my new site on Freddys every week and drive you all nuts - just like I been doing infact :) . You are all so uptight on this part of the forum. When I rip my site apart and rebuild it I always learn loads. Who cares about the content? If I stuck to one thing like computer repair or something and made a humungous forum like loads out there it would drive me up the wall answering inane questions all the time. Even if I made a feeeenominal site you can bet good money it wouldn't show for long cos I always get bored in no time at all. One thing you can't say about me is I am boring. You lot though? Blimey. Nothing original to say or to show anyone (apart from Maljonic maybe). Tis partly the reason I always post stuff on here to liven things up otherwise the bloody board seems so lackluster to me.

One more thing that makes me different to the likes of Draylor. You would never get responses from me like you do from him and the likes of him. I would be constructive and instructive whereas his sort likes nothing better to bash you over the head with insults to make up for their own lack or originality. Had it all my life and seen it so often. At the end of the day who has more fun me ripping my site apart and being excited about my next design or Draylor looking for the next person to insult. Makes you think eh.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
If thats the output of a random insult generating algorithm you really need to find a better one.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ - I don't mind the occasional "I've done this" post, when you've actually done something of substance. Although I'd rather you kept it to one thread.

However, if you're going to post about something you've learned or something you have questions with you need to be specific. "I found this script and I hacked this script to change this and I changed the colours and it didn't do this and I changed something else" is not welcome in my book. Name the script. Link to the source. Actually explain what is going on and how it is beneficial to people in a more general sense. By which I mean, promote discussions that are useful outside the field of affiliate scheme link-farms. If that's all you want to talk about, I'm sure there are forums about search engine spamming that might better accomodate you.

At the moment, all you're doing is blogging. And blogging badly. Lots of us have said it before: If you want to do a small-changes development log, male it part of your own site, not this one. Your first post in this thread didn't say anything. At all. Not a sausage.

If you've actually got things about web development that you want to discuss, that is what this forum is for.

I'll repeat my request for the petty arguments to stop.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I request for Ben to shut up and for more arguments!

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
You're such a clown...

Anyway to quote MJK:
MJK said:
Well the way I see it is if you keep doing the same old thing it becomes boring.
I think that's the problem, you do keep doing the same old thing. Ripping your site apart (as you put it but I haven't seen that much evidence of it) and starting again all the time is repetitive and doing the same thing all the time.

I think it would be better if you built your site bigger all the time, if you get bored of one bit just make another bit and move the first, boring bit somewhere in the background, in another section or whatever. I think you'll learn even more if you don't keep scrapping everything.

I know you say it's just for you so you don't really care about anything else, but that can't be 100% true otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back here would you? The idea that you just do to rile the people here doesn't ring true with me.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
MKJ said:
This way I can post my new site on Freddys every week and drive you all nuts - just like I been doing infact :)

... actually no, you can't. Please heed the advice on offer and adjust your posting accordingly, otherwise for the benefit of the majority we will remove your access.

MKJ said:
You would never get responses from me like you do from him and the likes of him. I would be constructive and instructive whereas his sort likes nothing better to bash you over the head with insults to make up for their own lack or originality.

... do you mean like this?

MKJ said:
Wot yu been to College of summit? Fooking wimp. Wot Father xmas get u? Eh - wait I trying to think of summit funny - broomstick? - no not that, just that I reading Harry Potter books. Ok - a eh better brain. Wotever brain yu been granted it gonna be sorely lacking if put in direct combat with mine. My brain rules full stop.

Now, behave or get out :twak:

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Now, behave or get out

Well I think really tis time to give me a perma ban. At one time my sense of humour prevailed over all the nastiness shown to me but hell my patience has finally run out. I am quite aggressive now at times and looking for a fight kind of thing. Not just here but any part of Freddys come to that. Don't even need booze to start me off either :drink: . So do your worse then and do me and everyone else a favour and perma ban me. Will look forward to the time I can no longer access these forums - peace of mind.

GO FORRIT!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
imo you should get some help. if you don't want to access these forums then don't come around here no more. it's easy as pie.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
I think people have been a bit overly harsh to MKJ here, he's only sharing the changes he's made to his website, and this section of the forum isn't very active anyway.

If you don't like a topic avoid it maybe? *Shrug*

Must say Clowns post made me lol though.

- Penguin.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Draylor when can I get that white hood I lent you back? I need to go on some mindless and pointless crusade next tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom