Since Pay 2 Play there is nobody on the servers. Im feeling a bit cheated

J

james_bondage

I was a regular on RTCW Objective (1) server. Regular as in I was on there every evening along with a whole bunch of other regulars. Now there is nobody at all. I have had my eye on them, but I havent seen ONE person on the Public servers. I have played on a couple of populated public clan servers but obviously they have been payed for by the clan and thats why people are joining them because they are free. WTF is going on??!! I have seen a once thriving gaming community just disappear.

I hope that this situation improves because I am not getting anything for my money. Nothing whatsoever.

N

nocte

it is a sad state of affairs yes, but the gaming community are too tight to fork out £1 a month to play on quality servers.

there is nothing much we can do about it i am afraid :(

T

throdgrain

I havent seen one person at all on the bw rtcw servers.
Over on the cs servers we are getting about one full per night, which is hardly good, but we're trying to think of other ways of getting people on. Perhaps you guys should do the same ??

*666*

When u think of a good way of "getting people on" let us know.

J

james_bondage

Originally posted by throdgrain
but we're trying to think of other ways of getting people on. Perhaps you guys should do the same ??

Well I haven't got a clue how to get people on! I would have hoped that Barrysworld would have done something by now. Its been just over a month now and not one person has been on the RTCW 'public' servers.

C

chrisshields

We could try a #bwrtcw, like the CS community has done for CS in #bwcs.

S

soldiersam

I can tell you how to fill them up again......make them free!!

Simple but effective I think you'll find!! ;)

Sam

P

pointygit

Originally posted by .nocte
it is a sad state of affairs yes, but the gaming community are too tight to fork out £1 a month to play on quality servers.

there is nothing much we can do about it i am afraid :(

It's not a question of being "tight", I have payed over 10x more for our own server. I knew that this would happen (empty servers), which is why I did not join, also I don't agree with the principle.

I would rather pay more and have control over my own server, simple as that.

Cheers,

Les

K

*Kornholio*

different strokes for different folks m8...

E

ExP.Neo

Hi, i have just reg'd and i must admit the Wolf server's are empty :( , i paid the £12 and i think it's good value for money and i hope more people will join, if BW need more money to keep things going then so be it, they have loads of server's and lot's to offer the gaming community.

Like i say i hope more people will join cos £1 a month is good value.

T

throdgrain

for what its worth....

I've found on the CS servers that if I go on and just hang about for a while a couple of other people come on, and then suddenly it can be quite full.
Only a suggestion but it might be worth a try, I like a game of RtCW myself sometimes :)

H

Happy Go Lucky

I've just joined, & rtcw is the only mp game I can play at the moment, I connected to rtcw public server just as a experiment see, but I was only a spectator, I wouldn't mind walking around lol, waiting for other's to join, but I couldn't get out of that mode & join, prolly because there was no other players.

It's a real shame, as rtcw is suppose to better than the sp game.

I wish there was an option in barrybar, that show's other players that you are online & your email address & you fancy a game, as the only other alternative would be to alt-tab out of rtcw, and surf the net or something while watching barrybar,

not tried that yet, might also try irc

T

throdgrain

We have an irc channel called #bwcs, which ppl meet in for cs, maybe you could have #bwrtcw or summat ?

T

theGaMeCat

I have a big thought on this.

1) Create only 2 RTCW Servers. Make them SW. Make them Max 16 people. Make them ROCK. Only war maps. OSP them.

2) Advertise them. Let people know they are there and that they are worth playing on.

The irc channel to back this up is a good idea, an admin always there idling, and encourage people to org games on them. If you can get people to org games that they then talk about, that will encourage others to join.

Try it.

C

camperno1

Or just join a Blueyounder/Jolt/Clan Server for free?

S

SypH

Originally posted by camperno1
Or just join a Blueyounder/Jolt/Clan Server for free?
Yeah, but thats not exactly helpful for anyone who has paid to play on the BW servers but finds them mostly empty.

Why not arrange a game night amongst people here who have subscribed, pick a server and pile into it for an hour or two of some FFA action. Even if its only 3vs3 that can work on some smaller maps. Once you get people on the servers, you usually get other people joining in.

K

*Kornholio*

Well, judging from the timeframe of this thread, I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming number of BW subscribers that are really interested in RTCW anymore...

S

SypH

Bit sad really, since its a great game to play online when you have guys who know how to work as a team=/

K

*Kornholio*

Yeah, I had a good few months gaming out of it, some excellent clan matches, had fun in the BW league... it just seemed to fizzle out though :/

Users who are viewing this thread