Cheating

D

Deadmanwalking

Well i just finished a pretty non amazing campaign (north African) and got more or less accused of cheating. Abuse from a russian and half the allies shouting how dodgy my effectivness/aim is.

Will was there to witness the fun.

Anyway what im asking is. Is cheating in Q3 based games ET for example, as well known or perhaps widespread as say CS?

M

mr.Blacky

Don't tell me you had another 1000 points :D , fact is when a game becomes large and is cheap (in this case free) you will always get people that say someone is cheating, it is not fun and in end will caus people not to have fun in the game, it is a shame, but the wasn't pb enabled? ;)

D

doh_boy

Don't feel bad its a widly known sign that you are l33t (no really most decent RTCW (top) clan players have had it once in a while).

Also as far as cheating goes wallhacks are the major worry (afaik) most aimbots are caught sharpish. :D

K

KUJO

I thought the whole reason for having PB enabled was to stop cheaters! Anyway, what are Russians doing on a UK server, if they don't like being owned they can piss off and play on Russian servers!

The fact of the matter is that cheating is rife everywhere, especially on pubby servers. If you want to eradicate cheating completely the only way is to run your own servers, this way you can monitor who uses your server.

If someone called me a cheat I would take it as a compliment, I know I don't cheat, who cares what anyone else thinks!

They are obviously too shite to admin that they were owned and resorted to crying cheat, happens all to often!

T

throdgrain

There used to be some cheats on q3 for awhile, but nothing like the batle we have against em in CS.
Id take it as a compliment and leave it at that . :)

K

KUJO

I can see why it happened though. Some of the players on the preview server lack some of the team skills it takes to win a campain. They go around xp whoring or just finding people to shoot for fun!

Then someone with both the team skills and 1337 aiming skills comes along and owns a few players (I won't say n00bs! lol) they cry cheat cos they are finding it hard to aim straight!

Morons!

T

throdgrain

Hehe aiming straight is the last thing one want to do on these q3 games :)

Users who are viewing this thread