simple and effective vs complex and less effective

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
and 'back in the day' they rly used a lot of styles that werent from LA spec also ;)

Ofc, snare someone > killing the same person.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
the story goes zerks didnt even have stick, just f8 and doublefrost because everyone died in one round anyway!

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Which item is it that gives you the celerity proc Kagato? Polearm I guess but could be something else. Is it a RoG drop or some other named drop in Toa?

I still think zerkers need Style love

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
I as a support class LOVE to strafe!!! :clap:

When im stuck with MA train(light tanks or wahtever melee) I just LOVE to try to strafe em away, cant get any funnier then a tank/s trying to hitt you in 5-20 sec but he cant, couse of lack of skill.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
not if you switch shield when he attacks, and switch pole when you attack.

Long Long time ago i dueled someone that had that macroed on his keyboard, swap->hit->swap was realy hard

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
After watching kagatos vid and seeing all the replys telling him to use more skill/weps ect i just wanna know why ppl think complex is better than simple.
Take me for example i played pretty much same way as kagato i.e no positionals .i spammed taunt and used parry/evade styles as backup,capped parry and thats about it.Add in tri weild and flurry and thats me summed up.
But it worked like it works of kagato and others.So my point is is it sometimes better to be simple and effective if u still beat the ppl who use more "skillfull" and complex routines.
Vampire is a perfect example, ppl say use parry/evade buffs and end tap a lot and use all these styles and haste buff and various debuffs/buffs from vE/DEm spec, yet these vamps also say we not so OP,I on the other hand will be fully honest and say what i do takes no skill but it works,all i do is power tap if poss, Hot,charge and then normaly spam taunt and claw.
So if this tactic works better than the complex 1s is it lame or optimal?

whatever is most effective is the best, that simple.

if you are more effective by spamming taunt and evade then by all means, that is optimal.

but if you are underperforming due to only spamming taunt then be more complex. there is no one correct generalizable rule you can say except that they both can be optimal.

also, hi old timer ^_^

Petwick(Ebony Hand)

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
An M16 doesn't outperform an AK47. The AK has by far the simpler design, is easier to maintain and has a larger calibre round.

Now, if you'd said M16 > L85A1 I may have agreed with you :)

lets face it L85A1 vs catapult...catapult wns !!!!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

Are you seriously trying to suggesting swapping between shield and polearm every single attack every other second ? okaaaaay...

Brylle, its the Pole with the Alacritous proc.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
An M16 doesn't outperform an AK47. The AK has by far the simpler design, is easier to maintain and has a larger calibre round.

Now, if you'd said M16 > L85A1 I may have agreed with you :)

The AK47 was designed to kill people, the M16 was designed to wound people, 4 soldiers carrying a wounded comrade on a stretcher and x number of medical staff to treat him etc etc etc and get him home is better than leaving 1 dead man in a ditch, thus M16 > AK47. Wounding more effective than killing, doesn't work like that in DAoC though!

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Complex less effective? o_O

And I want to know what you ppl base those weapon comparisons to? Counterstrike? AK inaccurate m8s! RL John Rambos I see.

Xajorkith said:
The AK47 was designed to kill people, the M16 was designed to wound people

An assault rifle designed for wounding purpose? Lols meight.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Are you seriously trying to suggesting swapping between shield and polearm every single attack every other second ? okaaaaay...

Brylle, its the Pole with the Alacritous proc.
he is seriously suggesting this, not that'd do you much good with your shieldspec. more efficient with a warrior (which is what he's playing).

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Think as a healer you basicly could have all 5-6 singel heals on qbar but why when there are two-three that are rly good for the job everything else is really simple.

Minor Baseline least power /fast cast /best healing/per power can be useful if your low on power
Greater Specline much power /fast cast good vs assisttrains useless just to spam a heal on someone
Major Specline medium heal with abit higher cast time good hp/power

endineit

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
Think as a healer you basicly could have all 5-6 singel heals on qbar but why when there are two-three that are rly good for the job everything else is really simple.

Minor Baseline least power /fast cast /best healing/per power can be useful if your low on power
Greater Specline much power /fast cast good vs assisttrains useless just to spam a heal on someone

hide behind a tree and spam sh ftw :sex:

Im axe, and tbh the havoc-tyrs fury styles is very good to use instead of doublefrost, if you'r fighting a target head on. Lower endcost, and alot more dmg. So stfu fl3a :m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

Too much fannying about. Real men just whack 'em :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Z^^ said:

thought the major specline was better efficiency than the minor baseline now? (though nothing will beat it's casting speed.. it's a small amount healed so better with the greater for fast and major for efficient?)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Complex less effective? o_O

And I want to know what you ppl base those weapon comparisons to? Counterstrike? AK inaccurate m8s! RL John Rambos I see.

An assault rifle designed for wounding purpose? Lols meight.

It's not the rifle that kills the person; it's the bullet and the speed at which it travels.... 7.62 v 5.56 ...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
fl3a said:
the story goes zerks didnt even have stick, just f8 and doublefrost because everyone died in one round anyway!
then you are asking the wrong zerkers.
The saying goes sorc are just f8 lifetap classes , doesnt mean in reality good sorc only use lifetap does it?

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Spreadheal is only for when u hump towers/keeps or when u get those gay waterfights (Target is not visable to you <sigh>). Took my about 3Million rps to understand the power of only using single heals, but i am slow learner :twak:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Ag3?

And if you have the ability to do more "small things" effectivly, in most cases it outperforms simple by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom