Silly DAOC Habits ...

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Galadry said:
Whenever I go to a minstrel in Camelot or Gothwaite for speed, I always /hug them afterwards. I think it started off when I was really new to the game and I used to /bow or things like that to anyone who gave me anything, so the habit stuck, even with npcs. And now if I dont do it, it feels really impolite!

Hahaha that is so cute... I'm going to start doing that as well from now on!

btw <3 Galadry long time no see

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
I go in the house, take my boots off, go downstairs and put my weapons away in the vault, go upstairs to the bedroom, take my clothes off, sit on the bed, /kiss the stuffed badger in the corner....and then /quit. Is that wrong?

Poor fucking badger irl :(

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
lmao i hadnt noticed i did that uptill now lol ^^ and i dont afk without sitting down either :p heh strange stuff ;p

Tag

Fledgling Freddie
I always blow the Green Knight a kiss - he's the only thing in the Frontiers that never tries to stab, nuke or eat me.

I'd never join in killing him :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its like the old good luck charm out side of sheeroe hills, forgotten his name, luri, part of an epic quest. anyway, every time i go there i have to /wave to him, otherwise i think i will get pwned.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
/release after all fights... 9 out of 10times it is needed anyway.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
on my INF if i kill someone i re-envenom as normal, but i only use 3 weapons and if the 3rd was not even used i re-apply envenom to keep the numbers equal (3 poisons for 3 weapons)

also sometimes i envenom my weapons and then im unsure so i re-envenom the whole set again!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I used to do similar with my BG1 Inf - would envenom every 2 minutes as I was never sure if I had actually just envenomed or if I was thinking about doing it - could go through it a hundred times without killing anyone prob :)

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
evzy said:
Quite often at the end of an evening I will port to my house and log there because I have a porter there and vault in case I need to grab anything next time I logon - but here is the thing - I always catch myself goin into the house before I log, soon as I get in I /quit - and then always think why did I do that because when I log back in - I am outside the house again.. yet I keep doing it! Does it make me feel safe logging my char inside his house? Is it an extension of myself and I never sleep outside therefore I feel an urge to do the same for my online persona? WHY WHY WHY??

Anyone else have any odd little habits/routines they go through?

Its the same when people are going AFK... most people sit down whilst AFK (even if full pow/hp etc) ..

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
But why..... it makes no difference but are we all more involved with our little digital version of ourself than we think? why why why? Someone call Freud!!

Waspic

Fledgling Freddie
I don't always go to housing and log, but when i do, I go inside the house.

And I jump alot -
I jump when I port, I jump when I disband a grp, and I jump when I accept a trade/combine...dunno why, maybe to show 'I'm cool, u're cool, we're cool'
:m00:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
also sometimes i envenom my weapons and then im unsure so i re-envenom the whole set again!

the life of a stealther!!! ive wasted platiums ! :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
echome said:
/release after all fights... 9 out of 10times it is needed anyway.
Hehehehe, I once accidentally released after a semi-wipe in a dragonraid while there was a shaman still active :p... annoying, had to run all the way back to the lair :p

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i just found out an weird habit.
Today on msn when i chatted with an friend, i kinda automaticly pressed r as reply. no idea why, but i did it quite often.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Demon2k3 said:
Today on msn when i chatted with an friend, i kinda automaticly pressed r as reply. no idea why, but i did it quite often.

I do that all the time. Even more when its someone that used to play he game type r than a message and even worse say bb the type /q.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:

I hate deciding not to type a message anymore on MSN so i get half way through and press ESC... then the whole window dissapears along with all the chat i havnt read! :(

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
I hate deciding not to type a message anymore on MSN so i get half way through and press ESC... then the whole window dissapears along with all the chat i havnt read! :(

do the same, IT SIMPLY SUCK, do it all the time in WoW and DAoC to stop typing or cancle everything.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I occasionally had the habit of saying lol in conversation which sucked. also had the habit of wasting 4 years of my life playing daoc ;)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
Aye that is so annoying!

Syri

FH is my second home
I find myself logging inside the house every time. Also avoid walking through people when going through TNN and so on...

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
I realised yesterday that I am starting to copy emotes in DAoC in real life.

Forgot an important piece of documentation at the post office and thought "doh" and did the EXACT thing a character would do if you typed /doh i.e. smacked my forehead in just the same way. Then felt really silly about it.

doh!

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Use /gc in msn conversations is the only thing i can think of, good job the people i mostly talk to on msn are in game friends :). I will be looking out to see if i do the things people mentioned in the thread though.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Chatting - thats another one - playing BF2 or CS:S I use X-fire sometimes and if someone PM's me I always hit R and wonder why it isnt replying - been shot a fair few times tbh whilst messing about with that :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
You guys need to get out more!

I have my /setcamera at maximum panned out range, but even when I press D to reset the camera position, I still find myself scrolling out to 'make sure' it's at maximum range...when it always is!

I also have /stick on the qbar because I was so used to it up to the time you could bind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom