Sigs...?

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Been a while since I visited the BW forums and had to use a new login as my old one had a clan tag etc :D (ffs lost my several hundred posts)

Anyway...

As most of the DAoC ppl have to move here is there any chance of having graphical sigs here along with the new look thats supposed to be coming?

I know BW have a "NO PICS!" policy but lots of us spent time and effort doing them only to now not be able to use them.

Would make it a bit more homely :)

O

old.Spiritwolf

I'd like to see piccies in the sigs also, but I would ask that the size was limited a little.

Only problems with the pictures in sigs for me is that at work it's even harder for me to hide the fact I'm not doing any work.

S

SFXman

I would like picture sigs aswell and I am not sure if Trebz said he will consider it, but anyway they should have a size limit both in actual dimensions and file size. The dimensions imho should be so that it is much more wide than tall.

D

dozigden

Actually I thought some of the sigs on the old forums were getting out of hand - Theyd be nice here, I'd like them here, but in all honesty I can live without.

S

SFXman

Well I am usually a sigaholic on forums but I can easily do without them here. Maybe some small should be allowed, but it's not up to us really.

D

dozigden

Anyone know if there are any guidelines about what you CAN have textwise? I've looked but aint found nowt. Dozi starts thining about ascii art - wow its along time since hes used any of that!

S

SFXman

Heh I tried ascii on the GOA forums but it wouldn't accept numerous spaces after each other... unless you have ascii that goes from the left side every line with no spaces you most likely can't use it.

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

I agree on the limitations.

Some of the sigs on the old forums were a bloody eyesore but keeping it small in dimensions, less than about 13k (for our 56k modem friends) and of course tastefull then their should be no probs.

T

Trebz

I'm looking into it, if we do turn them on, for those who dont wish to see sigs there is an option in your user profile to turn them off.

L

LunarDarkShadow

Oh go on Trebz.... you know you want to ;)

S

SFXman

Great stuff Trebz! Going to be great! Can't wait to get working on a new one. :clap:

D

dozigden

Okay this is getting really silly now!

Look Trebz mate if you really want to make us feel at home you need to start locking our threads and banning us! :)

All this being nice and helpfull could scare the community off you know, who are we going to rebel against?!?!?

S

SFXman

I think this is superb! Our requests are being listened to and even fulfilled :D

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Trebz
I'm looking into it, if we do turn them on, for those who dont wish to see sigs there is an option in your user profile to turn them off.
You've already ruined our green, leave the sigs alone :p

T

Trebz

A simple mistake! Not my fault the vbulletin authors cant code!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by MYstIC G
You've already ruined our green, leave the sigs alone :p
Tsk tsk.... no no. Us DAoC people want our regular, dull and depressing colours and our anti-modem, bizarre sigs ;)

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by SFXman
Tsk tsk.... no no. Us DAoC people want our regular, dull and depressing colours and our anti-modem, bizarre sigs ;)
You'll have to excuse me SFXman but us regs see you DAoCers getting rakes of attention, but when us regs ask for stuff we get ignored :p..... (plus Trebz RUINED the green ;))

T

Trebz

From what I can tell signature images are a global setting and as such cant be turned on just for DAoC forums. So, unless I can persuade DBs (our tech guy) to allow them on, which i doubt he will, there wont be any signature piccies :/

I'll keep you posted..

T

Trebz

Originally posted by MYstIC G
You'll have to excuse me SFXman but us regs see you DAoCers getting rakes of attention, but when us regs ask for stuff we get ignored :p..... (plus Trebz RUINED the green ;))

Moaning as usual :p and you wonder why you never get what you want.

D

dozigden

As i said before i could live without the sigs, at least once I get an avatar *grin*

M

MYstIC G

Not what I wanted, what the community wanted..... I bet if the DAoCers asked you'd remove the naff smileys in a heartbeat :p

btw Summo's given you examples of the old green, so FIX IT already :p

D

Depape

Well, then maybe people will start using more interesting text signatures... like the one I have :rolleyes:

S

SFXman

MYstIC G, bah... go back to your... whatever it is you play and be quiet :p
I don't mind if we don't get sigs but change the color for these forums only since many want it, maybe not me but I didn't mind the grey look.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by SFXman
MYstIC G, bah... go back to your... whatever it is you play and be quiet :p
How about "No, we were here first" :p

M

MYstIC G

nah, registered, didn't post fa, came back ages later & couldn't remember the details for the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread