SIDI/APOC raid- take 6

P

Pin

IMO, everyone should just move to the centre of the room and all roll once. Then the person with the highest number should choose the 1 item that they want, then the person with the next highest, etc, etc.

That way everyone gets a chance at 1 item and can't take more than 1 item and each person can bring whichever character the raid will benefit most from.

That way it's fair for everyone attending, no arguments over who can use which item and the raid will be better off because people bring their clerics and theurgists rather than all bringing their infi alts.

O

old.Ramas

Ideally I agree with Pin, if you must do lotto by individual, it can work the way he suggests (though often on sidi raids all the best items are, say, minstrel items and people would bag them for guildies - for better or worse).

BUT there is a downside to asking 'which one do you want'? rather than 'do you want this', as we normally do.....

Random_Alb01 chooses a random number between 1 and 100 : 99
Random_Alb02 chooses a random number between 1 and 100 : 98
Arindra chooses a random number between 1 and 100 : 3
@@[chat] Aligro : grats random_alb01, what item would you like?
@@[chat] Random_Alb01 : what items are there again?
@@[chat] Aligro : <repeats everything>
@@[chat] Aligro : ok, random_alb02, you're next.
@@[chat] Random_Alb02 : what items are there again?
@@[chat] Everyone : Groan.

A

**Aligro**

it's a good system and i may implement it in future patches..
i may do it next raid and what i'll do is make macros for every item as soon as they drop.. job sorted

A

**Aligro**

bane sux... never drops out decent

quote me on that

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**
it's a good system and i may implement it in future patches..
i may do it next raid and what i'll do is make macros for every item as soon as they drop.. job sorted

I say do it now!

And yes, make macros for each item (it won't be that everyone can't keep track of what items there are.... at least some people are smart enough to know how to scroll a chat window).

There are also chatlog parsers available to pull the highest rolls out in order, ignore people rolling twice, etc.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
You sure?

I didn't say all people are smart enough. I know that at least you and myself are ;)

T

Tigerius

no, but i dont want you discouraged from bringing a cleric but if i made the rule for cleric then i would have to make the rule for every class which would end up causing many flames

Oh I think we're discouraged enough already :rolleyes:
But seriously speaking, some classes are more valuable then others and giving some sort of encouragement for people to bring these classes is not wrong at all.

O

old.Ramas

I know that at least you and myself are

to be fair, I don't actually *need* to be that smart, since I'd be either...

a) standing in the center spamming

/y GIV UBER CLERIC CHAIN OF BLUENESS

or

b) sitting in the corner grumbling about the abscence of any of the aforementioned blue chainmail.

K

katt!

no, but i dont want you discouraged from bringing a cleric but if i made the rule for cleric then i would have to make the rule for every class which would end up causing many flames

kinda sad being punished for bringing another class that will (most likely) be of more help than an infil/scout etc.

P

- Pathfinder -

Just zerg Apoc, realise the drops aren't worth it, but rejoice at the supreme power of your zerg (if you can get past the 4th Horseman; the only mob in Albion which gets harder the more people you bring :m00: ) :p

S

Sharma

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
(if you can get past the 4th Horseman; the only mob in Albion which gets harder the more people you bring :m00: ) :p

oh dear, sounds bad :)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
(if you can get past the 4th Horseman; the only mob in Albion which gets harder the more people you bring :m00: ) :p

or the mob that is immune to every melee attack and every spell effect other than...

SMITE CLERICS!

(not kidding, will find the name of it and post on it later)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Trinilim
or the mob that is immune to every melee attack and every spell effect other than...

SMITE CLERICS!

(not kidding, will find the name of it and post on it later)

that is the 4th horseman :)

it gets harder because you have more people going 'oh hit monster!' and instahealing it.

I think clerics can bash it to death with maces though? not just smite...

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
that is the 4th horseman :)

it gets harder because you have more people going 'oh hit monster!' and instahealing it.

I think clerics can bash it to death with maces though? not just smite...

Yes, if everything I've read about it is true, clerics can just bash away.. anyone other than a cleric.. back to square one! :)

P

- Pathfinder -

You can just bash it, which is just as well since it tends to resist alot :p

And yes, the larger the zerg is the more people who are unable to understand basic English you'll have with you :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
to be fair, I don't actually *need* to be that smart, since I'd be either...

a) standing in the center spamming

/y GIV UBER CLERIC CHAIN OF BLUENESS

or

b) sitting in the corner grumbling about the abscence of any of the aforementioned blue chainmail.

there there... just keep polishing your boots :p

A

**Aligro**

tbh i think the cleric only mob will be piss... let me get aggro securely through FH etc and taunt and what not,,, i engage.. friars heal me i keep spamming heal then clerics bash.. easy

A

Aule Valar

you haven't got any reactive damageing procs on your armour/sheild have you?
if you have then it better not be you that does it

A

**Aligro**

i haven' t no.. speaking of theurgs.. they can spam me too

O

old.Ramas

tbh i think the cleric only mob will be piss...

Someone will try and hit it with theurg nukes. I guarantee it.

@@[Chat] Stupid_ppl01: But it's spirit damage!

You have to remember the irl int debuff all sidi mobs have...

[18:04:23] @@[Chat] Arindra: "please say if you want us to move in the room?"
[18:04:28] @@[Chat] Aligro: "no"
[18:04:38] @@[Chat] Arindra: "half zerg in room I'm afraid"
[18:04:41] @@[Chat] Jinxs: "hes comming to you now"
[18:04:50] @@[Chat] Aligro: "GET THE HELL OUT"
[18:04:56] @@Herbal yells, "SHIT YER SKANKY ASSES OUT OF THAT ROOM NOW"

Anyway, good luck :)

A

**Aligro**

what the hell is it with that quote ramas it's driving me mad :p

O

old.Ramas

It just seems to sum up your valiant efforts to keep a zerg in one place, against the seemingly irresitable pull of 'the wrong place to stand' rather well. :)

O

old.shotgunstow

Re: Re: Re: Re: SIDI/APOC raid- take 6

Originally posted by Trinilim
so you would just shrug and say 'oh well' if a ring dropped with +1 shield, +15 con, dex, piety and you couldn't get it because it can only be lottoed to shield tanks because of that +1 shield?

imo it would be better to lotto it to classes that get the MOST benefit out of it. As in more than half of the given stats on the ring.

IE: Shield tanks, friars, clerics.

edit: or in another case, if a ring drops with +1 thrust, +15 dex, +15 con, +15 quick, classes that benefit from more than half of the given stats should be able to get it.

IE: a s/s armsman wouldn't be able to, because only the +15 dex and +15 con would be of any use, nor would a pole armsman, as the only stats that would be of any use is +15 con and +15 quick. However a THRUST polearmsman should be able to because he benefits from more than half of the stats (dex, con, thrust).

So out of the armsmen, only the thrust pole armsman can lotto for it as well as any other classes that can use more than half of the given stats.

There are no drops with +1 skill, +15 x3 stats so...

T

Trinilim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SIDI/APOC raid- take 6

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
There are no drops with +1 skill, +15 x3 stats so...

you're missing my point, change the +1 to +3 and read it over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom