Shuttle/CPU List

T

Teh Krypt

*shurg* I thought nforce2 were good.. and they have all 5.1 sound, nice onboard gfx ect.

DMW, well ofc I'll get the best one thats out at xmas.

I have spare cdrom drives, floppys, keyboards ect. So I don't need to buy any.

Money is no issue at xmas but I sort of want one of these babys now, so want a good machine with no gfx card (I can use my gf4 ti4200 from other pc I guess, although its 64mb :( )

C

Ch3tan

Krypt, read the other damn thread! Grrr¬!

The intel shuttles have 5.1 sound as well, the nice onbaord gfx on the nforce isnt worth much if your not using them anyway.

/refuses to post about it anymore for fear of exploding into millions of bits.

R

Rubric

I can build a whole system from scratch for £522.63. Thats case, keyboard, mouse, modem & 17" monitor as well.

Specs would be.

Asus a7v8x-x mobo
AMD XP 2500 CPU
80GB HDD
512MB PC2700 Ram
128MB Geforce FX5200
Microsoft XP.
52x24x52 CD RW

I could change the graphics card to a decent one & still come out with a fairly decent price. If someone has monitor etc already build from scratch.

Why go for these shuttle ones?

C

Clowneh!

See that's how it's done Krypt...
And go for shuttles cuz they're cute :)

T

Teh Krypt

Why not go for the shuttle ones Rubric?

Okay.

All prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated..

Microdirect:
Shuttle SB61G2 P4 Mini Aluminium - £199.00 (I assume this is the one I need :p)
512MB DDR333 PC2700 RAM x 2 - £50.00

Ebuyer (TY Clowneh!):
Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz 800FSB SKT478 512k Cache Retail Box - 199.00
Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 120Gb 7200rpm UDMA133 Hard Drive - £60.45

Now.. I know DMW suggested the Western Digital 80gig HD.. but well, this is 120gig for same price...

The whole system including VAT is.. £598

Are there any ways to make this cheaper and not lose too much performance? I might end up having to buy it out of my own money so.. :p

I have cdrom drives, floppys, mice, keyboards ect already. Also have a graphics card.

C

Ch3tan

Get a 2.6ghz p4, you can overclock it to 3ghz easily. It's cheaper from Microdirect on the weekend than it is at ebuyer.

Why are you only getting pc2700 ram? You still haven't read the other thread have you(****s krypt)? Get pc3200 as thats what the board can support (you will be paying about £50 more)

After reading the amount of people that have had trouble with the Maxtor drives I would get a WD one. Make sure you get a S-ATA one as that shuttle also supports it.

C

Clowneh!

Aaaand back on topic...

Shuttle Model
SN45G

CPU
AMD Athlon XP2600+

Fan Setting
Mid

Additional Cooling
None

Case on/off
On

Additional
80GB WDC 8MB Cache, GF4 Ti4200 128MB, DVD Drive
THANKS to all you people and stuff :)

J

Jonty

This rapidly becoming the Shuttle thread redux :p Would people like a Shuttle/Small Form Factor subforum?

Kind Regards

C

Clowneh!

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, there are quite a lot of these posts to remember, but how do I find out my shuttle temps without going into the CMOS? Also is there any way of making my GF4 fan quieter? I didn't know it was so loud until yesterday because my old CPU fans and case fans were louder :)

J

Jonty

Hi Clowneh!

This Shuttle post and the few posts after it detail how you can monitor your system's temperature from your operating system.

As for your GeForce4 fan, no doubt others will be able to advise you better, but you can either purchase a replacement fan with a lower noise rating; or purchase a passive cooling system, which has no fan at all. Sadly the latter tend to be rather large, and so may not actually fit inside a Shuttle.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Some people find gently cleaning the fan on your card reduces the noise slightly.

T

Teh Krypt

Ive spent my moneh so i'll cry if I got the wrong parts :D

Shuttle SB61G2
P4 2.8ghz (Do the retail boxs come with fan and heatsink or?)
2 x 512mb ram

Hopefully I have the rest :p

E

Embattle

Retail versions of AMD and Intel processors come with a Heatsink & Fan in a colourful box.....not needed when using a shuttle since it uses the ICE heatpipe system.

T

Teh Krypt

Oh yes ofc :p Which is good because I got the used one :p My mum didnt want to pay too much right now :) She wanted to goto pc world and spend 1000+ but pay monthly, which is so silly tbh :p

Anyway it should all be here by Wed next week I hope, if it aint its all their fault ;), asked for it to be taken to my dads shop so theres always someone in.

Sidenote, nerf new keyboards, I got given a cool looking wireless one + mouse, but can't get used to it and have ahd to retype everything here like 4 times :D

Anyway lets just check ;).

I got my hansd on a shuttle yesterday, took it apart and put it back together, without powerpack on as it had blown for one of the customers :p Hopefully I should have no problems.

Q

Quige

Re: Re: Shuttle/CPU List

Originally posted by Yaka
(c) Fan setting: psu replaced with a silent one, zalam silent cpu fan.

Could I ask what power supply you used to replace the original, and where would you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom